Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:13:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Footage Of Cop Executing Dillon Taylor Released  (Read 2125 times)
PeanutCoins (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:20:35 PM

Today the Salt Lake City District Attorney ruled that the shooting death of 20-year-old Dillon Taylor was justified. Taylor was on his way to visit his mother’s grave, along with his cousin, Adam Thayne and his brother, Jerrail Taylor, just moments before a group of cops rolled into the parking lot on August 11, 2014. Both Taylor’s brother and cousin say he was wearing headphones.

Police claim that they stopped the three young men because of a 911 call about someone waving a gun around. They also claim that Taylor matched the description given during that call. Taylor did not have a gun on him, and no gun was ever recovered from the area of the shooting. According to the St. Louis Tribune, the caller told 911 dispatch:

“Some gangbangers” walking near 200 East and 1900 South had “flashed” a gun.

“They’re obviously looking for trouble, just the way they look.”

That caller is eerily similar to the caller that reported a black man, John Crawford, with a gun in Walmart. Crawford was purchasing an air rifle from the store. That 911 call led to his death; another shooting that was found “justified” by a system that seems to have lost all sense of right and wrong.

In the video you can see police approaching the three young men in the parking lot of the convenience store where Taylor was shot. It’s clear from the video that both Thayne and Jerrail Taylor heard and saw the police, and responded accordingly. Although there is no sound in the beginning of the video, both men put their hands up, apparently following a police directive.

Dillon Taylor continued walking at a normal pace, consistent with someone who did not realize that there was a cop behind him, pointing a gun at his back.

Here’s the video from the officer’s body cam, via KUFRNEWS:

*warning this video contains graphic images
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejrxHwvJCE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:29:59 PM

That did NOT look justified. He did not obey police instructions and I assume the officer thought he was clutching a gun at his waist, but you can't just shoot someone for that.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

That did NOT look justified. He did not obey police instructions and I assume the officer thought he was clutching a gun at his waist, but you can't just shoot someone for that.

so should the cop have risked his life and waited another second to see if there was a gun or not?  I mean I'm not all for the police being justified in every shooting, but when someone is walking away, then puts their hands into their pockets, cops expect a weapon to come out.  Obviously in hindsight he could have taken cover behind a car, then continued making his commands, but he didn't.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:30:22 PM

so should the cop have risked his life and waited another second to see if there was a gun or not?  I mean I'm not all for the police being justified in every shooting, but when someone is walking away, then puts their hands into their pockets, cops expect a weapon to come out.  Obviously in hindsight he could have taken cover behind a car, then continued making his commands, but he didn't.

I'm sympathetic, my Dad was a cop. But, yes, he needs to risk his life and wait. I carry every day and the law is the same for me. I can only shoot if it is reasonable to think that my life is in immediate danger. Just because someone is non-compliant does not rise to this standard. He needs to see a gun or hear a threat to his life from the suspect.
Of course it was not an execution of any kind. It was a scared man who shot another man based on his fear. If you or I had done this we would be convicted of murder. There is no exemption for being a cop. You made the right call when you suggested he take cover.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:12:22 PM

Another innocent person murdered simply because he had his hands in his pocket.

All it takes is for you to have your hands in your pocket and if you don't respond to the officer within 2-3 seconds they will kill you.

And they will get away with it.

This country holds cops to the same standard as trained monkeys, apparently.
jcoin200

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:04:23 PM

All it takes is for you to have your hands in your pocket and if you don't respond to the officer within 2-3 seconds they will kill you.

are you kidding? he wasn't just walking with his hands in his pockets. he put them into his pockets, turned around and took them out.  cops need to think in a split second, or he could have been dead, and potentially others that were in that parking lot.  yes its unfortunate, but put yourself in that situation. I'm sure hes seen 100 other situations like that where someone DID have a gun in their belt.  Dont say you wouldnt have done the same thing.
chopstick
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:09:47 PM

are you kidding? he wasn't just walking with his hands in his pockets. he put them into his pockets, turned around and took them out.  cops need to think in a split second, or he could have been dead, and potentially others that were in that parking lot.  yes its unfortunate, but put yourself in that situation. I'm sure hes seen 100 other situations like that where someone DID have a gun in their belt.  Dont say you wouldnt have done the same thing.

Bullshit. The cop coulda waited half a second to see if there was a gun in his hand or not. Blindly MURDERING the kid for NO REASON was completely unnecessary.

He had headphones in, he couldn't clearly hear the officers. So now turning around to face an officer when you just realized they were talking to you and then taking your hands out of your pockets so you can talk to them warrants a death sentence? Haha... God Bless America.

The copper should be in jail or at-least barred from ever being a cop again.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:11:36 PM

This is a shame.
jcoin200

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:21:23 PM

Bullshit. The cop coulda waited half a second to see if there was a gun in his hand or not. Blindly MURDERING the kid for NO REASON was completely unnecessary.

He had headphones in, he couldn't clearly hear the officers. So now turning around to face an officer when you just realized they were talking to you and then taking your hands out of your pockets so you can talk to them warrants a death sentence? Haha... God Bless America.

a split second would have been too long.  the kid saw the cop pull up, and decided to play games. yes its sad, but he acted stupidly to try to play games with a cop.
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

Cops in the US seem to be way too trigger happy. Seems like every week there's another murder by some power-crazed redneck cop.

If you're lucky you might just get tazered...
chopstick
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:52:12 PM

a split second would have been too long.  the kid saw the cop pull up, and decided to play games. yes its sad, but he acted stupidly to try to play games with a cop.

I don't think he was playing games. He was walking away with headphones in, unaware of what was happening. Then he turns around and sees a gun in his face.. probably not sure how to react. Then a second later he is dead. Clearly the cop over-reacted and there should be consequences for the cop, otherwise it sends a message that they can get away with murder whenever they want.
jcoin200

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:07:02 PM

I don't think he was playing games. He was walking away with headphones in, unaware of what was happening. Then he turns around and sees a gun in his face.. probably not sure how to react. Then a second later he is dead. Clearly the cop over-reacted and there should be consequences for the cop, otherwise it sends a message that they can get away with murder whenever they want.

thats hardly murder, clearly it was not premeditated.  I'm not saying this kid deserved being shot, but he saw the car pull up, and decided to run off.  and anyone with half a brain knows you dont try to do jumpy stupid things like stick your hands down your pants when a cop is trying to talk to you.  its sad, yes, but not murder
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:09:55 PM

so should the cop have risked his life and waited another second to see if there was a gun or not?  I mean I'm not all for the police being justified in every shooting, but when someone is walking away, then puts their hands into their pockets, cops expect a weapon to come out.  Obviously in hindsight he could have taken cover behind a car, then continued making his commands, but he didn't.

Yeah sorry but that is way to aggressive policing, like you say they could have just hung back.  The suspect wasn't waving a gun around when they initially saw him i dont see why the public should immediately stand to attention 100% of the time the police approach.  

Seems like you play for higher stakes in america.
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:18:17 PM

Clearly the cop over-reacted and there should be consequences for the cop, otherwise it sends a message that they can get away with murder whenever they want.

Are you under the impression that cops regularly don't get away with murder? I'd love to see nationwide statistics on what how often police departments rule their own shootings to be justified, but those statistics don't exist because police aren't interested in being overseen by civilians.

Police departments shouldn't be able to investigate their own shootings. Every single one that results in a life taken should be investigated by an impartial, outside source that has no ties to the police department. In Wisconsin, police shootings used to be investigated by the police department that did the killing. In every single case over 129 year period, not one shooting was ruled unjustified. Does that seem likely to you? It sounds to me like police looking out for each other, and not the public they are sworn to protect.

I highly recommend this story about a shooting in Wisconsin that spurred one father's fight to get the law changed so that police departments couldn't investigate their own shootings:  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/08/what-i-did-after-police-killed-my-son-110038.html

tl;dr his son was sitting on a street corner in police custody with his hands cuffed behind his back. A cop shot him in the head twice at point blank range (he pulled the trigger twice because the first shot misfired). The shooting was ruled justified by the same Wisconsin police department that shot him because the officer believed that the handcuffed kid sitting on the curb was trying to get his gun. An outside review determined the officer got his gun holster caught on a car mirror as he walked by it, mistook this for the kid reaching for his gun, and his first instinct was to shoot him in the head twice while he was still seated with his hands cuffed behind his back.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:55:34 PM

Remember. Cops answer to their sergeant, who answers to the lieutenant, who answers to the captain, who answers to the police commissioner, who answers to the city council. While the chain of command isn't always the same, the city council is the group that should have made sure that the policing policies that were set in place did not offer a chance to harm anyone.

You have a way more likely chance of being killed by a police officer than you do by any other kind of terrorist. Get after your city council and force them to install training and policies in your police department that protect you rather than harm you. If they won't do this, arm yourself, and demand the removal of the police department.

Consider common law litigation, which doesn't follow police policy or statute law.

http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html = Angela Stark's Talkshoe.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5duR4OvEHHxOSdEZhANETw = TrustInAllLaw snippets of Karl's audios.

http://www.broadmind.org/ = Karl's main page.

http://www.unkommonlaw.co.uk/ = Karl's United Kingdom page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/765736/videos?view=0&live_view=500&flow=grid&sort=da = Craig Lynch's snippets page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkAHRzuiOA&list=PLHrkQxgz0mg6kUBciD-HIvTXByqjcIZ-D = Ten great Youtube videos, might be the best introduction to Karl.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=127469&cmd=tc = Karl's Talkshoe site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iua56K4Mysk = Karl Lentz - The Brian Bonar Incident - YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdHLHWS4gPE = Lentz-Sense - don't be a More~On - YouTube.

Other Info

http://voidjudgments.com/ = The Secret is most judgments are Void on their face and not merely voidable.

http://educationcenter2000.com/Trinsey-v-Paglario.htm = Trinsey v. Pagliaro - Attorneys cannot "speak" in common law trials if the one who is bringing the suit orders it. Holding from Trinsey v. Pagliaro: "An attorney for the plaintiff cannot admit evidence into the court. He is either an attorney or a witness."

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:20:33 PM

Clearly the cop over-reacted and there should be consequences for the cop, otherwise it sends a message that they can get away with murder whenever they want.

Are you under the impression that cops regularly don't get away with murder? I'd love to see nationwide statistics on what how often police departments rule their own shootings to be justified, but those statistics don't exist because police aren't interested in being overseen by civilians.

Police departments shouldn't be able to investigate their own shootings. Every single one that results in a life taken should be investigated by an impartial, outside source that has no ties to the police department. In Wisconsin, police shootings used to be investigated by the police department that did the killing. In every single case over 129 year period, not one shooting was ruled unjustified. Does that seem likely to you? It sounds to me like police looking out for each other, and not the public they are sworn to protect.

I highly recommend this story about a shooting in Wisconsin that spurred one father's fight to get the law changed so that police departments couldn't investigate their own shootings:  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/08/what-i-did-after-police-killed-my-son-110038.html

tl;dr his son was sitting on a street corner in police custody with his hands cuffed behind his back. A cop shot him in the head twice at point blank range (he pulled the trigger twice because the first shot misfired). The shooting was ruled justified by the same Wisconsin police department that shot him because the officer believed that the handcuffed kid sitting on the curb was trying to get his gun. An outside review determined the officer got his gun holster caught on a car mirror as he walked by it, mistook this for the kid reaching for his gun, and his first instinct was to shoot him in the head twice while he was still seated with his hands cuffed behind his back.

The opening of this article is chilling:

After police in Kenosha, Wis., shot my 21-year-old son to death outside his house ten years ago — and then immediately cleared themselves of all wrongdoing — an African-American man approached me and said: “If they can shoot a white boy like a dog, imagine what we’ve been going through."

I'm not anti-cop, but I'm certainly anti-bad cop. There's just no room in our society for those who take lives needlessly and then hide behind their badge and the police union to protect their job or pension.

newflesh

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:23:10 PM

I highly recommend this story about a shooting in Wisconsin that spurred one father's fight to get the law changed so that police departments couldn't investigate their own shootings:  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/08/what-i-did-after-police-killed-my-son-110038.html

After police in Kenosha, Wis., shot my 21-year-old son to death outside his house ten years ago — and then immediately cleared themselves of all wrongdoing — an African-American man approached me and said: “If they can shoot a white boy like a dog, imagine what we’ve been going through."

I'm not anti-cop, but I'm certainly anti-bad cop. There's just no room in our society for those who take lives needlessly and then hide behind their badge and the police union to protect their job or pension.

Tip of the iceberg dude, police brutality in the US has got way out of hand. Not saying they're all psychopaths but there does seem to be a culture now of shooting first and asking questions later. The militarization of the cops certainly hasn't helped, they're policing the country as if it's a warzone.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:43:44 PM

Tip of the iceberg dude, police brutality in the US has got way out of hand. Not saying they're all psychopaths but there does seem to be a culture now of shooting first and asking questions later. The militarization of the cops certainly hasn't helped, they're policing the country as if it's a warzone.

Exactly. It's not the use of deadly force per se that is the problem, it's the immediate use of all types of force as the solution to the immediate problem. Tasers aren't the solution, it just reinforces the notion that cops have these instruments to make people do what they want when they order it, and the fact that they're supposed to be nonlethal (which is not always the case) increases the likelihood they'll use them.

Oh say for instance this cop who tasered an elderly woman in the back as she was walking away from him:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/florida-police-tase-woman/index.html?iref=allsearch

NOT A JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE.

newflesh

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:31:53 PM

Exactly. It's not the use of deadly force per se that is the problem, it's the immediate use of all types of force as the solution to the immediate problem. Tasers aren't the solution, it just reinforces the notion that cops have these instruments to make people do what they want when they order it, and the fact that they're supposed to be nonlethal (which is not always the case) increases the likelihood they'll use them.

Oh say for instance this cop who tasered an elderly woman in the back as she was walking away from him:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/florida-police-tase-woman/index.html?iref=allsearch

NOT A JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE.

Yeah I read about that woman getting tazered, absolute disgrace. Expect the cop will not get charged, probably get himself a nice fat pension when he retires.

Their operational procedures do need to drastically change, cops are meant to serve the public, not act like some roid-raged Judge Dredd.
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:41:48 PM

thats hardly murder, clearly it was not premeditated.  I'm not saying this kid deserved being shot, but he saw the car pull up, and decided to run off.  and anyone with half a brain knows you dont try to do jumpy stupid things like stick your hands down your pants when a cop is trying to talk to you.  its sad, yes, but not murder
anyone with half a brain knows the difference between "running off" and "walking casually" away still.
It is murder. They are supposedly trained to make those split second decisions and see a weapon. Not just shoot because
the person did what they were told to do.
So if they didn't take their hands out of their pockets than what?

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: