Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If an comet came.  (Read 901 times)
DigitalPirateman (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:15:57 PM

If a comet came at the earth would it be up to the weatherman to give us that warning? and would it be a tornado warning sound?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:26:01 PM

If a comet came at the earth would it be up to the weatherman to give us that warning? and would it be a tornado warning sound?

Yes, the local weather girl has priority access to data regarding near earth objects.

DigitalPirateman (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:29:38 PM

Lol
nakazznicek

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

I believe that with current technoloies and systems aimed at spotting things that may collide with earth we would have plenty of time not only to watch weather guy/girl announce it, but also make some debates, polls, protests and many others things pror to impact Smiley

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:50:25 PM

I believe that with current technoloies and systems aimed at spotting things that may collide with earth we would have plenty of time not only to watch weather guy/girl announce it, but also make some debates, polls, protests and many others things pror to impact Smiley

yep and no matter what they say were still going to get pummeled by a rock. humanity had no chance

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:42:49 AM

yep and no matter what they say were still going to get pummeled by a rock. humanity had no chance

Actually, I think that whether or not humanity would have a chance, would depend on a couple of things: mainly, how long before the impact you detect the comet, how large it is, and its composition. If you have years of advance notice, you can try to tug it out of harm's way (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_tractor) - that would be the best bet at the moment, I guess. Less than that, you could try more direct approaches (destroy, deflect, etc.), but chances might be good that we would still get it, if not by the comet itself, by the debris.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:54:54 PM

what has comet to do with meteorology? Cheesy Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

DigitalPirateman (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:43:10 PM

what has comet to do with meteorology? Cheesy Cheesy

Have you watched the weather channel? They post images from the latest events from space like today they posted a solar flare from the sun. If earth gets hit by a comet and there is no trees to make paper well bitcoin will come in handy lol just sayin
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:11:23 AM

^ No trees to make paper would be the least of our problems then. Going the way of the dinosaurs would be the harder part. Besides, isn't "paper" money made out of cotton or something, and others out of some polymer?
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:19:32 AM

Its easy to trace the comet when it comes, but I dont think its easy stopping it.. Most likely they will build some bunker and hide inside...

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:31:01 AM

Yes, the local weather girl has priority access to data regarding near earth objects.

Grin
LOL. By the while I would give the weather girl above a priority access to my bed!
 Grin

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:33:36 AM

Grin
LOL. By the while I would give the weather girl above a priority access to my bed!
 Grin

Virgin detected
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:48:08 AM

Double check your detector...a lot of years & partners have passed since i was a virgin.  Wink

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: