Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy delaying deposits?  (Read 1121 times)
worhiper_-_ (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:05:00 PM

Why is this happening?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:16:21 PM

Step one get VERIFIED you will get confirmed much faster you also get other benefits like a different fee scale.

There are some technical reasons you could get past 6 however usually 9 means its something we have to dig deeper into.

A newer unverified customer's deposits will take longer to confirm...

So could be any of those.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

I never liked cryptsy because it bugged and was pretty slow about everything
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:20:58 AM

I never liked cryptsy because it bugged and was pretty slow about everything

Are you talking about the dawn of ALT Crypto? Yeah, it was a new sector a year and a half later we have made vast improvements.
worhiper_-_ (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:53:36 AM

Indeed cryptsy has improved a lot and you guys handled some massive growth despite all the competition in the industry. I've been trading through your platform since early 2013 and I still believe that it's the most stable among them all. But this recent change bugs me.

The fact hat I would have to use my real name, address, ID etc. just to get my transactions to verify faster and get better fee rates sounds a little bit over the top to me. I always used pseudonyms everywhere possible, I'm generally avoiding exchanges that ask for your real information and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's good that it's not mandatory to verify the account to use the exchange. But I really feel that everyone deserves to get full service, whether he'd like to remain anonymous or not.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:49:58 PM

Indeed cryptsy has improved a lot and you guys handled some massive growth despite all the competition in the industry. I've been trading through your platform since early 2013 and I still believe that it's the most stable among them all. But this recent change bugs me.

The fact hat I would have to use my real name, address, ID etc. just to get my transactions to verify faster and get better fee rates sounds a little bit over the top to me. I always used pseudonyms everywhere possible, I'm generally avoiding exchanges that ask for your real information and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's good that it's not mandatory to verify the account to use the exchange. But I really feel that everyone deserves to get full service, whether he'd like to remain anonymous or not.
Well the reason a verified customer gets faster deposits and we take more risk is we know who they are and where they live. So double spends, attacks, manipulation become less of a risk and we can speed things up for them. It is not we like them more we just know them better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: