Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:41:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCJam.com problems  (Read 7127 times)
wct296 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:54:43 PM

yeh its a bit lame - I think I'll bail from it slowly (as loans come in)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCJamSupport

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Support for the global P2P lending platform:BTCJam

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

wct296, as stated in our e-mails, your account was blacklisted because our system detected it to be associated with an overdue account. We have removed you from the blacklist, but you will not be able to create any loans. If you are still experiencing troubles withdrawing, please contact support.
ahs23

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:30:18 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 10:41:47 PM by ahs23

Add me to the list of people who have been unexpectedly "flagged" for a violation of the TOS without explanation or avenue for recourse...

In my case, I'm an A+ member (https://btcjam.com/users/35966)

After I contacted them about my account not entirely working (and waited all day for a response):

"Your account has been flagged by our system due to a violation of our TOS: https://btcjam.com/legal/tos. You are not able to create any new listings but you may continue to use your account."

This type of customer service is certain to put them out of business, which is sad, because I like the concept. It seems they are missing the fact the their "system" needs manual human oversight to maintain accuracy and thereby avoid off-putting legitimate customers.

If they keep it up, I think their new stats page (https://btcjam.com/stats) will end up showcasing their downfall instead of their rise.
wct296 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:01:01 AM

wct296, as stated in our e-mails, your account was blacklisted because our system detected it to be associated with an overdue account. We have removed you from the blacklist, but you will not be able to create any loans. If you are still experiencing troubles withdrawing, please contact support.

yes thats fine - but what if I wanted to do a loan? You wouldnt let me though a fault that I have no idea (and you wont declare information about) about and through NO FAULT OF MY OWN...

Am I being punished for someone else's actions?

FRigging stupid - how can I be part of the community if I cannot borrow? I've made it to A rating though doing the things that make btcjam money and now they are punishing me for it..

In short - screw you! Thats not how you foster a "lending community"
fanBitcoin

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:05:44 AM

My account is locked for about 3 days and my money are locked on account. All what i got in 3 days of sending support tickets is "Your account has been blacklisted as there has been a violation of our terms of service. See here: https://btcjam.com/legal/tos" .
I'm not the first and even not the last victim of their "mistakes" and i put on quotes because is not a mistake. They intentionally do this to rob money from users. I'm just curious how btcjam will deal with investors that invested in my loan. But what i'm talking here?... They have enough money to pay my debt from robbed "blacklisted" accounts. I'm still waiting an answer from them until monday but i doubt will come. Anyone can guide me how can i act them in court? What i need to do?
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:24:36 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 11:21:41 AM by BitLendingClub

Are you actually active lender? because "..i heard scam rate is much lower...." is not enough to be sure it is and to drive people there.  don't get me wrong scams can go anywhere but what they doing differently that others so i suposed to trust THEM?
Hi s1lverbox,
There are a number of things which differentiate BitLendingClub from BTCJam. I would say that the 3 major ones are (in order):

• BitLendingClub does not charge a transaction fee at loan closing. The fees are taken from the loan repayments, which means that if the lender doesn't get paid then we don't get our fee. This has resulted in a 96% average loan repayment rate, compared to BTCJam's 90% loan repayment rate.
  • The transaction fee is effectively 1/2 of that of BTCJam. BTCJam charges 4% for all loans up until 5 BTC, and then 1% after that. We charge 2% across the board and with 99% of the loans being under 5BTC, that results in 1/2 of the BTC fee for nearly everybody.
  • Interest rates are set by the free market. The investors compete to offer lower interest rates, by participating in a dutch-auction style bidding to offer the lowest interest rate.

There are many other reasons and benefits:

When we are building the platform, we always keep our user's needs in mind. Of course, we have to feed our families too, so revenue is important, but we've taken every step to align our interest with the lenders. This means that we do everything within our power to attract good borrowers and to filter out bad players. It's not always easy, but we work closely with the community to identify any issues.
Best Regards,
Kiril Gantchev
CEO of BitLendingClub
http://bitlendingclub.com
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:16:32 AM

Are you actually active lender? because "..i heard scam rate is much lower...." is not enough to be sure it is and to drive people there.  don't get me wrong scams can go anywhere but what they doing differently that others so i suposed to trust THEM?
Hi s1lverbox,
There are a number of things which differentiate BitLendingClub from BTCJam. I would say that the 3 major ones are (in order):

• BitLendingClub does not charge a transaction fee at loan closing. The fees are taken from the loan repayments, which means that if the lender doesn't get paid then we don't get our fee. This has resulted in a 96% average loan repayment rate, compared to BTCJam's 90% loan repayment rate.
  • The transaction fee is effectively 1/2 of that of BTCJam. BTCJam charges 4% for all loans up until 5 BTC, and then 1% after that. We charge 2% across the board and with 99% of the loans being under 5BTC, that results in 1/2 of the BTC fee for nearly everybody.
  • Interest rates are set by the free market. The investors compete to offer lower interest rates, by participating in a dutch-auction style bidding to offer the lowest interest rate.

There are many other reasons and benefits:

When we are building the platform, we always keep our user's needs in mind. Of course, we have to feed our families too, so revenue is important, but we've taken every step to align our interest with the lenders. This means that we do everything within our power to attract good borrowers and to filter out bad players. It's not always easy, but we work closely with the community to identify any issues.
Best Regards,
Kiril Gantchev
CEO of BitLendingClub
http://bitlendingclub.com

Thanks for quick response. i might give it a shot.
Davidoff

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:28:06 PM

Well.. is passed 3 days since btcjam locked my account with 130 $ on it. I have no debt, no overdue,nothing. i'm just an investor and i received same answer from support team. All what they say is i violated terms of services and nothing more.

i see a interesting post from Bitlendingclub and i want to move on their platform because btcjam seems to be scam and illegal. But first i need to recover my money from btcjam.

One question i have for who can help me.

How can i recover my money? What action i can take against BTC jam to give my money back?
wct296 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:57:56 PM

Just get them to unblacklist your account - the moment its not blacklisted you can withdraw

btcjamads

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:15:15 AM

Hey Guys

We are working hard to prevent scammers from scamming investors for more money. Occasionally we make a mistake flagging an honest user, and if that has happened to you, I am terribly sorry.

You can email either me flavio@btcjam.com or support@btcjam.com with the email that is the same as your btcjam user and we will certainly take a good look on what is going on and unblock you if it is an error on our part.

Also to clarify, BTCJam is no way inferior to our competitors, in fact we believe it's much better

- no fake reputation loans that can't be withdrawn
- repayment and volume are thus more realistic on BTCJam
- We are upfront about our investor returns: https://btcjam.com/stats
- BTCJam still much bigger than any competitor, with more investors, more borrowers and thus better diversification and more capital available to get funded.
- we purposely don't allow investors to get borrower's private contact detail information to protect borrowers and not give an unfair advantage to those borrowers who are willing to share contact data (such as business people) vs those who are in dire need for money and don't want everyone to know about their situation (like when you need pay rent or such)
- we have a heavily used commenting system where our community carefully monitors for fraudulent behavior, we have a report abuse system that our investors are using - all this on top of our verification system.

If you have any problems with BTCJam, ideas or suggestions please feel free to email me at flavio@btcjam.com and I will respond to any legitimate email.
fanBitcoin

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:37:48 AM

I just sent my 5th email to recover my blocked account.  I don't know what to do anymore..
mucegoide

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:00:27 PM

https://btcjam.com/users/14056

I'm having trouble blacklist
always been a great borrower, not understand what I this happening
I can no longer make loan application even though (A)
I made a request for loan yesterday, today I turn and says that aspired even missing 12 days
Please RELEASE my account
fanBitcoin

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:31:37 AM

I didn't see in my life such and ignorant,pathetic and weak prepared team support. We can see very clear how users post here their problems and "btcjamads" which is supposed to quick answer to any request of any user is still drunk/doped after the weekend beach party sponsored from money taken from me,you and other naive people. My account is blacklisted for 5 days stopped me to invest in their platform,reducing me the chance to pay my active debt now being BTCJam debt since i dont have any control of account. More than that they fucking blocked my money too there. I sent over 10 email to flavio@btcjam.com and support@btacjam.com but they don't answer.
But no problem. My experience on your platform will be known by every man on this earth that use an internet connection including bitcoin talk,redd it, face book and any social platform. Trust me. I don't have nothing to do anyway.
fanBitcoin

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:14:40 AM

And this is my official statement about this situation posted on my active loan: listings/21993

Hello everyone who invested here and those that read these words.This is my official statement in front of btacjam,lenders that invested on this loan or/and any legal authorities that may take an action against me.

"On 2 october i realised i cannot use my account on full capacity. Actually all what i can use is to navigate and using "like" button. I decided to inform lenders of this loan about issue that i encounter and i maded another account "users/50230". I didn't intended to use this account for anything else just to keep in touch with my investors and inform them about my situation but guess what? BTCJam blacklisted my second account to stop me keep in touch with my investors. Of course i make another one since you don't need a real email adress to can create account on this platform.

After 5 days of continous emails sendings and posting on bitcoin talk . org topic ( https :// bitcointalk. org /index. php?topic=807200.0 ) i see they still ignoring me. Not even tell why they do this to me.. This is scamming behavior.

Unfortuantely this action taken by BTCJam team against me lead me to impossibility to pay my active debt to you. Of course you can all investors send me personal adresses to send everyone the required amount but terms of service denies lenders and borrowers get in touch out of platform. So logically if i cannot full acces my account i cannot pay my debt.

This was all what i would to say and i'm very sorry for your loss. Is not my fault i have loss too my reputation here. I always paid my loans, i invested  alot..most of my positive feedbacks are as investor. That is all.

Thank you for understanding."
Xtra7973

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:59:11 AM

And this is my official statement about this situation posted on my active loan: listings/21993

Hello everyone who invested here and those that read these words.This is my official statement in front of btacjam,lenders that invested on this loan or/and any legal authorities that may take an action against me.

"On 2 october i realised i cannot use my account on full capacity. Actually all what i can use is to navigate and using "like" button. I decided to inform lenders of this loan about issue that i encounter and i maded another account "users/50230". I didn't intended to use this account for anything else just to keep in touch with my investors and inform them about my situation but guess what? BTCJam blacklisted my second account to stop me keep in touch with my investors. Of course i make another one since you don't need a real email adress to can create account on this platform.

After 5 days of continous emails sendings and posting on bitcoin talk . org topic ( https :// bitcointalk. org /index. php?topic=807200.0 ) i see they still ignoring me. Not even tell why they do this to me.. This is scamming behavior.

Unfortuantely this action taken by BTCJam team against me lead me to impossibility to pay my active debt to you. Of course you can all investors send me personal adresses to send everyone the required amount but terms of service denies lenders and borrowers get in touch out of platform. So logically if i cannot full acces my account i cannot pay my debt.

This was all what i would to say and i'm very sorry for your loss. Is not my fault i have loss too my reputation here. I always paid my loans, i invested  alot..most of my positive feedbacks are as investor. That is all.

Thank you for understanding."

Hello fanBitcoin, thank you so much for posting that info on your listing on BTCjam. I am one of your investors on your last loan. I, as one of your investors, will stand up for you if any legal action is taken against you as this is all absolutely no fault of your own doing. My name on BTCjam is ChuckB. Right before I made this post I removed all money from my account on BTCjam as im not sure why they are black listing users so erroneously. If there is anything I can do to help you please let me know. I suggest anyone who has any money in BTCjam right now might want to think about pulling it. The site seems to be full of scammers. Im well in the red as an investor on that platform. Once again fanBitcoin let me know if there is anything I can do. At least know I have your back if and when any legal action may come against you, im sure as an investor in you id have a little weight in swaying whatever legal recourse they try to take against you. ChuckB
fanBitcoin

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:15:43 PM

Hey ChuckB. Thank your for your support and i'm sorry for involving my investors into this. As you noticed here are A rated users that have same problem.
Let's hope support team is not dead how seems to be since they answer to this topic once on few days. I bet they are hard working people and they don't have 5 minutes to look on this topic.
fanBitcoin

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:58:12 PM

OMFG... No staff member answer here.. and they know well here is a big problem. 2 different admin accounts posted here and now they are busy spending our money...
btcjamads

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:19:37 PM

daluege

Your account has withdrawals enabled again, sorry for the mistake. I also just sent you an email about it.

Please don't create for fun listings, as our policy team quickly blacklists people who misbehave on the platform.

anybody else who has a legitimate claim can email me on flavio@btcjam.com as stated, and I will have a look.

Flavio
bestincome

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:28:28 PM

nice to see btcjam.com admin here's .

I don't have a problem for lock account on btcjam, but just small problem I think regarding my btcjam account.
why my facebook info don't appear on my btcjam profile ? I remember I ask Alexis to resolve this issue 2 month ago, but not resolve yet.
btcjamads

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

nice to see btcjam.com admin here's .

I don't have a problem for lock account on btcjam, but just small problem I think regarding my btcjam account.
why my facebook info don't appear on my btcjam profile ? I remember I ask Alexis to resolve this issue 2 month ago, but not resolve yet.

can you please email support@btcjam.com one more time so we can investigate?

thank you

Flavio
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: