Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinHelp.net - the best damn (beginner's) guide to Bitcoin  (Read 1703 times)
brotherbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:22:28 PM

https://bitcoinhelp.net

Howdy y'all.  I've been putting this site together for well over 6 months now, and I figure it's high time I gave it a proper announcement here on bitcointalk.

The site's goal is to be the most straightforward, down-to-earth resource for learning Bitcoin on the interwebs. I'd like to make Bitcoin more accessible, and more fun, for non-geeks, geezers, and laggards.

Because personally, I think the informational sites that show up when you google "Bitcoin" (i.e. Bitcoin wiki, bitcoin.org, weusecoins.com) are hard to navigate, boring as hell, or just don't provide enough up front key information that newbs need to have easy access to.

Now, Bitcoin Help ain't where I want it to be yet. Some of the content up there is drier than Jan Brewer's cooch on a hot day in the Sonoran desert. So I'm hoping to get feedback from y'all on the following:

• identification of any misinformation
  • suggestions on presentation of content, verbiage, writing quality & style
  • site layout and aesthetics

It'd be much appreciated. So much so that if you find any info that is heinously wrong or misleading, I will kick ya back up to .01 BTC, depending on how severe the bullshit is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brotherbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:29:50 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 08:36:49 PM by brotherbitcoin

Latest content:

Top 11 Funniest Bitcoin Videos
Bitcoin Price Chart with Historic Events
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:54:22 PM

You should remove coinabul from your affiliate earning list..

They are known scammers.  Shocked

Amagimetals and agora commodities have affiliate earnings.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:06:07 PM

"If you're privy to other Bitcoin affiliate programs that aren't listed here, give me a holler and I'll put 'em up faster than a coked up jack rabbit on a hot, greasy griddle."

this is one example of the babyish and off-putting language used almost throughout. one of these affiliates has no link, about the third one down.

actually, it's pretty good overall

brotherbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:11:18 PM

You should remove coinabul from your affiliate earning list..

They are known scammers.

I understand they've got many scammer accusations against them, and also pending lawsuit - but can you provide definitive references though?  The threads I perused seems to indicate they've just got crap customer service and slow shipping times. I'll at least add a note in the description about their scammer accusations.

Amagimetals and agora commodities have affiliate earnings.

Thank ya kindly, I'll add them to the list.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

also no link for one of the online wallets.

better than I thought at first. good job

brotherbitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:41:31 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 08:33:15 PM by brotherbitcoin

also no link for one of the online wallets.

better than I thought at first. good job

Thanks friend, I'll make the update.  The target audience is newbs and the technically challenged, so the aim is to make the verbiage downright simple.

But I'm fixing to publish more content that is more geared towards bitcoin-heads, such as:

- a big chart of the Bitcoin exchange rate history with annotated Bitcoin news/events. UPDATE: https://bitcoinhelp.net/know/more/price-chart-history
- the biggest Bitcoin losses (i.e. those due to no wallet backup, forgotten passwords, sent to wrong address, etc)
- reviews of the best escrow services, mixer services, and so on

I'm also accepting new ideas for quality content. So for all you interested writers out there, submit me a proposal with an outline (see the contact page for email + PGP pubkey).  I've  paid up to 1 BTC for some of the articles already on the site (though pay for future jobs will be dependent on experience and the quality of the writing).
CAMTRONNNNN

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

7uck7m7th

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 06:25:11 AM

Thanks for your interest on bitcoin education. I look forward to reading and potentially reviewing it. I will be in touch with Criticisms, additions, and/or addedums as they arise Smiley.

Bitcoin student and passionate speaker.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:45:24 AM

I just take a look at your site
The topic is very simple

And you should add some basic to identify bitcoin scam investment
Lot newbie fall into scam investment  Sad

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:56:15 AM

I'm also accepting new ideas for quality content. So for all you interested writers out there, submit me a proposal with an outline (see the contact page for email + PGP pubkey).  I've  paid up to 1 BTC for some of the articles already on the site (though pay for future jobs will be dependent on experience and the quality of the writing).

I'd definitely be interested in writing for you seeing that you seem willing to pay fair. As for topics... that'd be Brother Bitcoin's choosing as 1) I love all things crypto, 2) wrote a handy guide myself targeted at BTC nooBs (which you're more than welcome to include within your BTC resources) and 3) simply love crypto projects geared at lowering the barrier for the "technically challenged".

I highly encourage you to check out my writing portfolio:

http://altcoinwarrior.com/about-altcoinwarrior/

Feel free to PM me if you'd be interested in partnering up on your endeavour!

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: