Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC with PP  (Read 1274 times)
yo29787 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:48:52 PM

I have done the required reading and am well aware that I may get flamed for this, but here goes.

I am looking to buy BTC with my Paypal account (verified business account).  I am willing to use escrow services and will provide all KYC documentation required.

Please feel free to contact me if you want to have a chat about this.  PM me and I will send you my contact details.  I am available by email, skype, whatsapp and of course, pm.

Many thanks

Yo29787
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:51:12 PM

I have done the required reading and am well aware that I may get flamed for this, but here goes.

I am looking to buy BTC with my Paypal account (verified business account).  I am willing to use escrow services and will provide all KYC documentation required.

Please feel free to contact me if you want to have a chat about this.  PM me and I will send you my contact details.  I am available by email, skype, whatsapp and of course, pm.

Many thanks

Yo29787

Do you have any other method of payment , paypal is not *secure* ( because you can do chargeback) .

Money sent through PayPal and any other money transfer service that accepts credit cards can be easily reversed by the sender, even after several weeks. Therefore, you should only accept PayPal in trades with people you trust very highly.

This is why newbies are not likely to sell their PayPal USD for bitcoins successfully.

Some other services that are not totally safe:
- Bank transfers (ACH, etc.) except wire transfers
- Most gift cards.
- Moneypak
- AlertPay
- Paysafecards
- Dwolla
- Western Union (they reportedly will sue the recipient to recover money in some cases)
olocun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:59:41 PM

If anyone wants to buy Have to Take into Account the following, the escrow not Protect Anything
yo29787 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:01:37 PM

I do use other means of payment (WU, bank transfer etc) but since I live outside of the US and Europe, its not terribly practical for me.  WU fees are painfully expensive and International SWIFT transfers, painfully slow.  Which is why I have a preference for Paypal.

I am aware that as a newbie, I may not have the level of trust required.  I am also aware that escrow by and of itself is not sufficient

That's why  I will go first and provide all KYC info through pm/email/skype etc.    Hopefully all those things together will be sufficient to build trust.

Cheers

Yohaness
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:33:07 PM

WHY dont YOU use CIRCLE?

www.circle.com

instead of providing us with your information buy there with your CC.. ffs
clubminer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Let's get rich together

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:56:36 PM

using escrow with paypal useless.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

Why in the world would you use PayPal when there's Circle.com?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
yo29787 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:39:47 PM

I would gladly use Circle.com but it does not accept my credit cards, unfortunately.
extraKrispy

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:06:17 PM

You can link your bank account(s) to Circle, not just a CC.
yo29787 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:50:08 PM

I tried both, nothing works.  I don't think my country is supported by their platform at the moment.
bit_stacker

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

I've done a few paypal for bitcoin trades with eXch.cc https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=317557 and with ExpressCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224499 They both seem to have been inactive for a few days but send a PM to find out what they can do for you.

GPG ID: 45F781B4
knightingale

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:30:43 AM

So many people are recommending circle.com. Is someone from bitcointalk affiliated with circle.com? I have never seen a site getting recommended so often.
yo29787 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

So many people are recommending circle.com. Is someone from bitcointalk affiliated with circle.com? I have never seen a site getting recommended so often.

Maybe they're part of the business angels that funded circle.com? Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: