Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Hong Kong protests affecting ASIC dispatch?  (Read 1078 times)
Elphamyto (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:10:42 PM

I placed an order from Innosilicon a week or so ago and have not received an updates on shipping nor order status. Maybe I'm being paranoid about this, but I'm reading that these pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong are temporarily halting certain businesses, banks, and shipping. I'm not sure where Innosilicon Technologies LTD is located, however I was under the impression that they shipped out of Hong Kong. Does anyone know anything about this, or perhaps, can someone who is in Hong Kong comment on this? 
verloren

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:46:21 AM

I placed an order from Innosilicon a week or so ago and have not received an updates on shipping nor order status. Maybe I'm being paranoid about this, but I'm reading that these pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong are temporarily halting certain businesses, banks, and shipping. I'm not sure where Innosilicon Technologies LTD is located, however I was under the impression that they shipped out of Hong Kong. Does anyone know anything about this, or perhaps, can someone who is in Hong Kong comment on this? 
Impacts on businesses and banks are primarily limited to the areas around the protest - several roads have been closed off by police, and for good reason. A car drove through a sit in area in Mongkok/TST a couple of days ago and would have run over several people if they didn't get out the way. The road closures has meant that some banks cannot get armored cars in to transfer money, or an increased amount of hassle for staff to get to work. Traffic has also slowed down due to some main thoroughfares being shut down.

Wednesday and Thursday were public holidays in HK (Wednesday was a holiday in China), so that might have an effect. Most of the shipping (DHL/FedEx) headquarters are based out of an area far from where most of the protests are staged.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: