Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:52:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold was once made Illegal to hold and stolen from the public.  (Read 896 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:32:33 PM

Only the smart and non sheep were able to keep thier gold.

This is your second warning.
JohnnyBTC

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:40:53 PM

you can take away my gold but you cant take away my BITCOINS!! (insert braveheart scene here)
Inmydomain

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

People also used to thinkthewprld was flat, what's your point?

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:02:50 PM

It seems like a common thread now... Comparing BTC with gold... And co-incidentally it has all the features gold had.

But my problem is...don't compare your virtual fantasy with real world value..
Let Bitcoin be what it needs to be.... And then we'll find out whether it is gold or platinum.

My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:14:37 AM

It seems like a common thread now... Comparing BTC with gold... And co-incidentally it has all the features gold had.

But my problem is...don't compare your virtual fantasy with real world value..
Let Bitcoin be what it needs to be.... And then we'll find out whether it is gold or platinum.

The standard retort to bitcoiners comparing gold to bitcoin is people say that bitcoin inherently has no value. But the same is true of gold or diamonds or fiat money. Those things only have value because people believe they do. As bitcoin continues to gather momentum, it will continue to gain value, because people will view it as a store of value.

I don't see a difference between gold and bitcoins or gold and fiat or fiat and bitcoins.
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:48:01 AM

The standard retort to bitcoiners comparing gold to bitcoin is people say that bitcoin inherently has no value. But the same is true of gold or diamonds or fiat money. Those things only have value because people believe they do.

Gold has inherent value. It is extensively used in industrial applications where its material properties make it a better choice than other materials. Gold would maintain a substantial chunk of its value even if people stopped using it as an investment or store of value, and even if people stopped using it for jewelery. It would still have value for the same reasons elements like palladium or germanium have value.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:54:07 PM

This is not a comparison thread to gold.

If you have not hidden and protected your crypto expect to have it all taken from you for the greater good.  Your arrogance of how smart you are and how stupid the gov is will blow up very hard in your face.
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:35:11 PM

This is not a comparison thread to gold.

If you have not hidden and protected your crypto expect to have it all taken from you for the greater good.  Your arrogance of how smart you are and how stupid the gov is will blow up very hard in your face.

Right, it's our "second warning."   Roll Eyes

Puts on tin hat, digs a hole and buries all intangible assets in super secret, untraceable location.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: