Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 10:22:35 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOlved] I need a Ip x to weather y at time z query! 10 BTC bounty  (Read 933 times)
ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:46:25 PM

Hi,

I have about 4 days of chat data (roughly 70 chats a day), along with the chatter's IP addresses.

I need a script or program to tell me what the weather was like at the location of the IP, at the time of the chat.

The script must look-up the location of the IP using a Geo location database, then take that location and look-up the weather at the time of chat.

I do not want the script to make a lot of queries as it may get blocked from submitting further queries, but 50 queries at a time should be OK.

The data is available in:
HTML
XML
XLS
CSV

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:51:52 PM

Hi,

I have about 4 days of chat data (roughly 70 chats a day), along with the chatter's IP addresses.

I need a script or program to tell me what the weather was like at the location of the IP, at the time of the chat.

The script must look-up the location of the IP using a Geo location database, then take that location and look-up the weather at the time of chat.

I do not want the script to make a lot of queries as it may get blocked from submitting further queries, but 50 queries at a time should be OK.

The data is available in:
HTML
XML
XLS
CSV

FTFY

Now its much easier to read!

Busy ATM.
ptshamrock

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:02:05 PM

Thanks a bunch !

sorry i am just in a hurry !  I swear i woulkd made it better to read later on Smiley 

Thank u very much!

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
jack-o-lantern

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:30:40 PM

I've never worked with Geo IP before; but do you have a specific site in mind? Even a database you can access?

I may be up for it if you know more about the actual way of acquiring the data; I don't feel like regexing and stuff.
ptshamrock

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:47:32 PM

I've never worked with Geo IP before; but do you have a specific site in mind? Even a database you can access?

I may be up for it if you know more about the actual way of acquiring the data; I don't feel like regexing and stuff.

http://www.wipmania.com/en/base/

http://www.geoio.com/

http://whatismyipaddress.com/geolocation-providers

for weather data i am still searching..

I need around 20 days back in time.. because the deadline for the thing is tuesday ^^

or if the script  can be ready by tomorow i can feed it with Saturday,Sunday data.

Only weekend data is needed..
 I am still searching..

this one looks good..I am just googleing ..i don`t know much about this at all^^

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/weather-api.aspx

I hope ur the Man for the job !

jack-o-lantern

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:59:23 PM

Do you mind if I make it in Python? I'll see what I can do.
ptshamrock

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 05:34:55 PM

as long as it works i won´t mind if you get it rhought smoke signs lol

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!  send u an pm

jack-o-lantern

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 06:39:47 PM

So, I made a program only to discover that you needed to pay money in order to use their historical api key. I started looking at other sites; so far, I haven't found a site that provides historical weather data for free. Unfortunately, because of this, I'll abandon this project.
If you ever find a site that provides historical weather data and has an API with json or XML, feel free to contact me again.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.