Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official Support Thread] Goochain : search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain  (Read 11962 times)
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:54:25 AM

Concerning the xpub issue, we enforced extensive investigations and worked to fix it.

It turned out Goochain was only derived address from xpub. Our system was deriving from xpub directly. But BIP44 requests a second level of derivation. In this standard, the first level is to differentiate "change" from "external". Goochain was looking to the children, but BIP44 requests children of children. In a point of view, we weren't fully compliant with BIP44.

We have added an improved BIP44 support. Now the Goochain service checks all paths in chain, from xpub key provided.

From now on, every users of Trezor Wallet can quickly and securely check their wallet balance using Goochain service from the "xpub" code provided by Trezor.

Thanks again for your report!
Antoine

Hi,

thanks for looking into that. It's indeed working now. Are you pulling that information from the blockchain.info API?

Excuse me for slightly going offtopic now but I'm looking for alternative (and maybe open source) blockchain explorers which fully support HD wallet lookup by xpub keys. Do you by any chance know some except blockchain.info? Thanks again for the great service you offer.

Cheers
vertoe
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_beast (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 01:43:40 PM

It's indeed working now. Are you pulling that information from the blockchain.info API?
Not at all, we're 100 % independent. We run a full node dedicated for our server. Any others API providers or explorers can go offline, Goochain would be always up.
We also have developed our own BIP32/44 libraries to handle xpub searches and give out addresses list.

I'm looking for alternative (and maybe open source) blockchain explorers which fully support HD wallet lookup by xpub keys
First of all, Goochain is not a real block-explorer but a search engine. It gives you basic info and provides links to explorers. It can be seen as a "meta-explorer". Still, Goochain service can be very handy for quick basic check, as HD wallet amount for the current example. Goochain is light-weight and ad-free.
To be fair, I didn't even know BlockChain was providing this xpub feature. This is not documented at all from their side. I don't know any other website that provides this feature. I think some APIs service can have this feature (REST).

Antoine

GooChain : A unique search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain
the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 02:58:08 PM

Small update:

- Bug fixed : sort was not working sometimes

- Transactions list refined

- Transactions searching speed up : Up to 4000 results allowed

- Timeout much less likely

Goochain's volunteer team will be at Bitcoin Expo 2015 in London this weekend. Hang out with us if you come!

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 11:59:32 PM

Some Updates :

- HSTS (Strict security) added, https is now graded "A+"

- Speed improvements, notably FistBits (~2x faster)

- Date/Time selection entirely reforged, mobile user experience greatly improved

- Coinb.in block-explorer removed (service was stopped apparently)

If you face issues, flush your browser cache ( CTRL + F5 for a complete reload )
Enjoy!

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 11:26:37 AM

Friendly bump.

This saved me many times. I don't want to remember my full address. Just typing '1MZakir' gives me balance and address. Thank you!

-MZ

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:16:28 PM

Is it possible to search without an address, as long as the results are <4000? IE, could I search for any transaction on the blockchain between 95 and 96 bitcoins on March 5th 2015, regardless of address?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 06:26:19 PM

Great work!

Ones question: shouldn't the search for first bits be case-insensitive?

I see 1GooCh gets a match but 1gooch doesn't.

I thought first bits was supposed to ignore the case.

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:08:43 AM

shouldn't the search for first bits be case-insensitive?

I see 1GooCh gets a match but 1gooch doesn't.

I thought first bits was supposed to ignore the case.

Thanks for your feedback.

The search is case sensitive. It is just a matter of speed and good user experience: without case segregation, search would be slower and also it would give out a lot more results and take additional time to get every address details of the list. This is a trade-off between speed and usefulness, to stay really user-friendly. Also in everyday life, WORD is equivalent to word but in blockchain world 1goochainblaba is not the same address as 1GOOCHAINblabla.
We are actually working on a new firstbit internal engine that would be real-time, lower the amount limit, and ultimately work with any address in the blockchain. We are also working on a backend replacement so that it would be quicker to get address details. Depending on all our progress and results we would implement case-insensitive search for FirstBit feature.

Please additionally note, these days the real amount limit required is more at 0.04 than 0.02 btc announced (we haven't yet updated our description pages).

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:29:25 AM

Is it possible to search without an address, as long as the results are <4000? IE, could I search for any transaction on the blockchain between 95 and 96 bitcoins on March 5th 2015, regardless of address?

Yes, definitively. Only the first 4000 tx would be returned. This is a present limitation and this will be mitigated in the future with pages for example.

For your query you can try something like below:
Click on Date and Amount to get the full fields

For a date search, we will improve user-experience. So than when one clicks on a date, it is enough to search this kind. No need to enter time anymore.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:20:28 AM

Yes, definitively. Only the first 4000 tx would be returned. This is a present limitation and this will be mitigated in the future with pages for example.

For your query you can try something like below:
Click on Date and Amount to get the full fields

For a date search, we will improve user-experience. So than when one clicks on a date, it is enough to search this kind. No need to enter time anymore.
Thank you. I think it might have been me not using the time field that was the issue. Unfortunately it's a little difficult for what I want to use it for; searching for a specific payment. In the example above, if 95-96 went to a specific address but you don't know the amount of change, you wouldn't find it.

Are there any plans to implement a search for amount of one output within a time range?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:09:20 AM

Saw you are off for many days now but the service ia still running. Is the development still ongoing? If yes, I like to see another field when searching by TXID which shows amount transacted, now it shows total output which includes chancge. As a result, we can't know how much BTC was transacted. Thank you! Hope everything is okay for you.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:53:41 PM

now it shows total output which includes chancge. As a result, we can't know how much BTC was transacted. Thank you!
Except for when one of the destination addresses == the spending address, how would you know which one is the change, and which one is the payment?  I do agree that the display could be a bit more verbose, but that could easily start cluttering it up as well.

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 10:57:07 PM

Saw you are off for many days now but the service ia still running. Is the development still ongoing?
Not posting here doesn't mean we're off. We're still working on improving the service.  Wink
There are still some bugs fixing, components updates, and also we work to develop the service on business and marketing aspects. The present step is the creation of a consulting and service firm dedicated in Blockchain technology, which will manage and own officially the website.

For the greatest pleasure of all our users, in 3 to 4 weeks, we'll update our service with the following improvements:
  • New updated graphical identity, and as a starting point, a new logo will look more "professional"
  • A new dedicated page will show results, this will provide unique URL to search results
  • Social sharing buttons to give the ability to share (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, EMail,...) or save (bookmark or print) your search results
  • FirstBits search on full Blockchain and real-time. No need to have some funds nor to wait some hours to see the address.  Cool

We're considering update the transactions list, and eventually show ProofOfService registrations.

Stay tuned on the Twitter @goochain to have the latest news and info about our service. This is the most reliable source to keep you updated.

As a result, we can't know how much BTC was transacted.
When destination addresses != the spending address, how would you know which one is the change, and which one is the payment?
Totally agree. Still, we could add a column or change "Sum Out" so that if dest=spending, it will be subtracted and only transferred amount will be displayed.

Then I can tell you about what's in the pipe and release further :
  • Provide more info in transaction list, as detecting ProofOfExistence or similar services
  • Print out block list when searching in a large time frame
  • Search text messages written in the Blockchain
  • Improving speed with optimizations and caches

freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:16:22 AM

Very good the_beast work, it is very easy to use and very useful. Especially for those who do not have good memory. Thanks for sharing it with us.
the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 03:33:05 PM

Today, we have finally updated our server!

- New web interface :
  • New Logo
  • Responsive web design
  • Dedicated page for result
  • Saving and social sharing of results (bookmark, print, ...)

- Full FirstBits Search :
  • In the whole blockchain, all existing addresses found
  • Real-Time

also :
  • BlockTrail is now the default external link service
  • Spent transactions now found when searches for an address
  • Several bug fixes and improvements

Enjoy and give it a try!
Antoine

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 03:55:13 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 04:07:49 PM by Muhammed Zakir

Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Also did you make 'goochain.net' default url? I found links like 'goocha.in' are redirected to 'goochain.net'.

P.S. Maybe you can fetch input and output addresses of a transaction when we search txid. Thank you!

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:56:34 PM

Pretty nice update - Good to see a working FirstBits implementation again for legacy references Smiley

When clicking the "Modify search" link (or going back in the browser, could fields previously used be automatically expanded?  Right now the page (/browser) remembers the last values (e.g. date range, amount range), but the fields are collapsed.

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 08:55:54 PM

Also did you make 'goochain.net' default url? I found links like 'goocha.in' are redirected to 'goochain.net'.
Yes goochain.net is now the main and default domain name, this is mainly for SEO purpose. The 2 others are redirecting to .net domain.
Please note https for goocha.in and goochain.org could not redirect you directly as there is certificated issue and only goochain.net is valid.
But for http all redirections are working perfectly.

Maybe you can fetch input and output addresses of a transaction when we search txid. Thank you!
Well, if you search a transaction of a particular amount, inputs are not so relevant. This is like searching in a supermarket cash machine a payment of 20$ and you also want the transactions which have been paid with a 20$ bill. Goochain gives you, for now, all transactions of 20$ (on the bill) and not what was paid using a 20$ bill. A side effet is that it can also gives the transactions where the cashier gives 20$ back, as in blockchain the money back (return output) are outputs like any other outputs.
Also normally you can find the transaction "before" as the input was an output before (to continue the metaphor, the transaction where you were given a 20$ bill)
We'll consider this change after assessing impact on performance and technical details.
Still for Goochain, for a given address, it gives out inputs and outputs, as there's a link through the address.

When clicking the "Modify search" link (or going back in the browser, could fields previously used be automatically expanded?  Right now the page (/browser) remembers the last values (e.g. date range, amount range), but the fields are collapsed.
Sure, we knew about this issue. We have open a ticket internally for this matter to improve that. We think this is a major inconvenient of the user experience. We'll find a way, detecting the previous page was a search result when coming from "Modify" or dont hide if some fields are filled.
For now, we just advise to click again on "Date" and/or "Amount" in case you entered things in it. I think you already guess that Wink

Thanks for your valued feedback on our service!

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 12:48:10 PM

Can you please add http://walletexplorer.com to block explorer lists?

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:49:32 PM

i have just found your site. Goochain is really interesting to get blockchain data quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: