Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:15:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official Support Thread] Goochain : search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain  (Read 11974 times)
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:24:46 PM

Great resource! Thanks a lot!
the_beast (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:48:40 PM

Small Update :
  • Major speed improvement for "Block + Amount" and "Date + Amount" searches
  • Press zone added

GooChain : A unique search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:01:39 PM

Small Update :
  • Major speed improvement for "Block + Amount" and "Date + Amount" searches
  • Press zone added

Thanks! Can you add www.blocktrail.com ? It is a nice one. Thanks in advance! Smiley

~~MZ~~

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 12:38:50 PM

Added 3 block-explorer services for external links in choice list :
  • BlockTrail
  • My Chain
  • CoinBin

Cheesy

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 12:54:35 PM

Added 3 block-explorer services for external links in choice list :
  • BlockTrail
  • My Chain
  • CoinBin

Cheesy

Thanks!

Really bad, couldn't find your BTC address in the post. Wink PM me. Grin

~~MZ~~

AleCrypt0

Activity: 157
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:05:38 PM

Good job, my congrats! Smiley
maxme

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

Can't find this address "1Maxime7WnLqq24hasMA872JZ4VBGMDbKk" by first bits "1Maxime".
the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:43:40 PM

Thanks for using the service Maxime. Still, I'm really sorry but your address is, for now, not "eligible" to work with first bits, since it has around 0.012 BTC. The minimum is 0.02.

As stated in Support page :
"Find address from First Bits (4 starting chars) only if address has at least 0.02 BTC. Disposable address (part of HD wallet) may not be found out."
For the sake of search time speed, I consider addresses enclosing less than 10$ are not relevant.

To use GooChain with your address, you need either to enter the full address or put more than 0.02 BTC on it.
When you add fund on it, you may wait some hours to found it from first bits, as this search capability is not real time. First bits database cache is refreshed several times a day only.

These amount and update frequency limitations would be mitigated in the future developments.

MarsuIV

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:36:45 PM

Really bad, couldn't find your BTC address in the post. Wink PM me. Grin

~~MZ~~

You can find on main post the tip address: 1GooChA5ScVdBx3kXktQnULBdm9s1seAcj
the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 12:18:24 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 01:03:18 PM by the_beast

Video presentation of the GooChain service
at La Maison du Bitcoin, Paris, France

VIDEO with English sub-titles Here

Enjoy!

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

New little feature but very useful : now saves the selected block-explorerSmiley
This is saved at each search, automatically in your web-browser (in a basic cookie).
Take care to access to the exact same domain (www/org/net/..) to get the saved value, each time you connect.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:34:53 AM

New little feature but very useful : now saves the selected block-explorerSmiley
This is saved at each search, automatically in your web-browser (in a basic cookie).
Take care to access to the exact same domain (www/org/net/..) to get the saved value, each time you connect.

Thanks for taking the time to read! Smiley But... a parameter was better(if it can be done) because cookies will be cleared anytime.

~~MZ~~

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 03:29:21 PM

But... a parameter was better(if it can be done) because cookies will be cleared anytime.

Well, this is still a parameter. Now, it is saved automatically in your browser.
If you don't delete cookie manually, it won't be cleared. In case of clearance, you just need to setup again the parameter.

Then, how would you like to save permanently this parameter? I would need to ask for a login and authenticate every single user who needs to save their configuration, meaning each time, you need to login. Eventually, you can save the account in your browser like "remember me", but this is done by cookies also, so if you erase cookies, you need to re-login. I consider a login is much more complex, embarrassing and longer for the user. Do you think selecting the block-explorer again (in case of lost or new browser) is harder than logging to your account?
Also this raises privacy/anonymous concerns, as it means every logged user could be identified when they perform searches. And the idea to have a user database in my server is not enjoying me so much.

Maybe you thought of other method to save the parameter, I'm attentive to any proposal. Generally speaking, there's no perfect ways of achieving something. I just choose one, and I'm listening to any feedback and improvements ideas.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 07:09:49 PM

But... a parameter was better(if it can be done) because cookies will be cleared anytime.

Well, this is still a parameter. Now, it is saved automatically in your browser.
If you don't delete cookie manually, it won't be cleared. In case of clearance, you just need to setup again the parameter.

Then, how would you like to save permanently this parameter? I would need to ask for a login and authenticate every single user who needs to save their configuration, meaning each time, you need to login. Eventually, you can save the account in your browser like "remember me", but this is done by cookies also, so if you erase cookies, you need to re-login. I consider a login is much more complex, embarrassing and longer for the user. Do you think selecting the block-explorer again (in case of lost or new browser) is harder than logging to your account?
Also this raises privacy/anonymous concerns, as it means every logged user could be identified when they perform searches. And the idea to have a user database in my server is not enjoying me so much.

Maybe you thought of other method to save the parameter, I'm attentive to any proposal. Generally speaking, there's no perfect ways of achieving something. I just choose one, and I'm listening to any feedback and improvements ideas.

Thanks for the brief explanation. I think something like goocha.in?explorer=BT for Block Trail and BC for BlockChain and so on. With it, there will be no need of an account, I think. I am poor at these things, so I might be suggesting what can't be done, if it is I am sorry.

It is easy to just select from the list if the cookies are cleared. I suggested just to make this better. Smiley

~~MZ~~

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 01:26:17 PM

Any idea is good to know. Your idea could be easy to implement. I understand this would let you easily bookmarked the url containing blockexplorer choice, so no need of cookie keeping.
Still, we did an other way, and we are not about to implement your idea in the immediate future. But we definitively keep it in our mind.  Cheesy

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 10:45:16 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 02:35:31 PM by the_beast

Lot of updates for this project:

New capabilities
- HTTPS enabled and default (end-to-end "Full SSL", A grade)
- HD Wallet (BIP32 / 44) support:
  Input extended public key ("xpub...") and gives out all used addresses and sum of balances

Improvements
- Listing improvements:
  Tx list refined
  Number of txs added in addresses list
- No more output in scientific notation for small amounts

Bug Fixes
- Bug fixed : some hash160 didn't work
- Date of Tx not in blockchain displayed properly
- Bug fixed in amount sorting

Others
- New twitter account @goochain

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 11:11:59 AM

Excellent project!
and have more features and updates Cheesy
tested ok with my address and other address.
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:48:17 AM

Hi,

Searching for xpub6CUGRUonZSQ4TWtTMmzXdrXDtypWKiKrhko4egpiMZbpiaQL2jkwSB1icqYh2cfDfVxdx4df189 oLKnC5fSwqPfgyP3hooxujYzAu3fDVmz does not yield any results.
Comprare blockchain.info: https://blockchain.info/xpub/xpub6CUGRUonZSQ4TWtTMmzXdrXDtypWKiKrhko4egpiMZbpiaQL2jkwSB1icqYh2cfDfVxdx4df189oLKnC5fSwqPfgyP3hooxujYzAu3fDVmz

Any idea, is HD wallet support broken? You say it allows BIP32 HD lookups, does this include BIP44 HD wallets yet? (I'm not sure but the address above could be a BIP44 wallet.)

Cheers
vertoe
the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 02:06:02 PM

Hi,

Searching for xpub6CUGRUonZSQ4TWtTMmzXdrXDtypWKiKrhko4egpiMZbpiaQL2jkwSB1icqYh2cfDfVxdx4df189 oLKnC5fSwqPfgyP3hooxujYzAu3fDVmz does not yield any results.
Comprare blockchain.info: https://blockchain.info/xpub/xpub6CUGRUonZSQ4TWtTMmzXdrXDtypWKiKrhko4egpiMZbpiaQL2jkwSB1icqYh2cfDfVxdx4df189oLKnC5fSwqPfgyP3hooxujYzAu3fDVmz

Any idea, is HD wallet support broken? You say it allows BIP32 HD lookups, does this include BIP44 HD wallets yet? (I'm not sure but the address above could be a BIP44 wallet.)

Cheers
vertoe

Dear Vertoe,

As stated to you on PM, we cannot find, for now, any problem from our server, everything is working well.
Our service should work with BIP32, BIP39 and BIP44, since derivation is (?) the same.
Still, BlockChain is sending back your transactions and not Goochain. Sadly, BlockChain doesn't seem to provide any details about their "xpub" capabilities. They may compute also "old" derivation method.

We have tested our "HD" entries with BIP32 and BIP44 wallets. Our "full in-house" BIP32 implementation pass all non-hardened tests vectors listed in the standard. It can work with BIP32 HD wallet and it works with Ledger Wallet and Mycelium (BIP39+44 : xpub from "44'/0'/0'/0" path). We might have missed some cases, there is a catch somewhere around CDK. This would be worthwhile to dig it further, as it would definitively improve GooChain service.

We have open internally an issue ticket for this problem. Thanks for this report. We're waiting for your answers on PM to have further details.

Maybe some "forumers" can describe here what is done on BlockChain with xpub.

Antoine

the_beast (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:51:42 AM

Concerning the xpub issue, we enforced extensive investigations and worked to fix it.

It turned out Goochain was only derived address from xpub. Our system was deriving from xpub directly. But BIP44 requests a second level of derivation. In this standard, the first level is to differentiate "change" from "external". Goochain was looking to the children, but BIP44 requests children of children. In a point of view, we weren't fully compliant with BIP44.

We have added an improved BIP44 support. Now the Goochain service checks all paths in chain, from xpub key provided.

From now on, every users of Trezor Wallet can quickly and securely check their wallet balance using Goochain service from the "xpub" code provided by Trezor.

Thanks again for your report!
Antoine

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: