Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With Ebola striking in Texas  (Read 10807 times)
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 05:50:59 PM

They're selling them as a pre-order, probably a scam.

Ya think?
Pretty sure Tongue

But, you guys over there in the State's should not be worried, the sickness can be prevented by soap. Litteraly, just wash your hands and don't do stupid things.

+1. The Power of Soap!  Grin By the while practicizing good hygiene also make men looking hotGrin

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:10:00 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/authorities-search-homeless-man-exposed-dallas-ebola-patient-n218691

At the same news conference, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said authorities were looking for a "low-risk individual" identified as someone who may have been exposed to the deadly virus.

He said authorities were “working to locate the individual and get him to a comfortable, compassionate place where we can monitor him and care for his every need for the full incubation period. Jenkins noted that the "person has not committed a crime."

The individual was last monitored on Saturday, Frieden said, then went "missing."

Is the above a script for a combined Three Stooges, Marx Brothers, and Abbott and Costello movie?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:24:54 PM

Is the above a script for a combined Three Stooges, Marx Brothers, and Abbott and Costello movie?
No, it's more like Outbreak, The Strain, and World War Z.

In that order.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:37:29 PM

In that order.

Are those movies any good. I seen world war z, but outbreak and the strain?  Smiley

I personally think the ebola should be contained, since they are running out of vaccines.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:52:26 PM

What would you do if you would live there. Barricade and fight it or get the hell out of Texas.

In any pandemic, you either want to be one of the first or last that gets sick.  If you are first, you have access to medical care.  Once the medical systems gets overloaded you are screwed.

I agree, if you get sick at last, no one will help you get better. here will much more die among those last then among this first ones.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:44:23 PM

In that order.

Are those movies any good. I seen world war z, but outbreak and the strain?  Smiley

I personally think the ebola should be contained, since they are running out of vaccines.

It'll be contained alright. No way will it be able to cross south of the border. Sorry, Canada.
LitecoinBoss

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

✘AΦΩ✘

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:08:22 AM

Is texas in state of calamity?

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:01:49 AM

Is texas in state of calamity?
No more than usual, except for that whole looming threat of Ebola that has people on edge.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:30:18 AM

Are people going on tilt or just edgy? Is it really that serious, I'm reading that this stuff is kinda like influenza in which case we're talking business as usual. Not implying that that's good.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:37:20 AM

Doctor: Mr. Burns, I’m afraid you are the sickest man in the United States. You have everything.
Burns: You mean I have pneumonia?
Doctor: Yes.
Burns: Juvenile diabetes?
Burns: Hysterical pregnancy?
Doctor: Uh, a little bit, yes. You also have several diseases that have just been discovered — in you.
Burns: I see. You sure you haven’t just made thousands of mistakes?
Doctor: Uh, no, no, I’m afraid not.
Burns: This sounds like bad news.
Doctor: Well, you’d think so, but all of your diseases are in perfect balance…
Burns: So what you’re saying is, I’m indestructible!
Doctor: Oh, no, no, in fact, even a slight breeze could —
Burns: Indestructible…
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:40:18 AM

Doctor: Mr. Burns, I’m afraid you are the sickest man in the United States. You have everything.
Burns: You mean I have pneumonia?
Burns: Juvenile diabetes?
Burns: Hysterical pregnancy?
Doctor: Uh, a little bit, yes. You also have several diseases that have just been discovered — in you.
Burns: I see. You sure you haven’t just made thousands of mistakes?
Doctor: Uh, no, no, I’m afraid not.
Burns: This sounds like bad news.
Doctor: Well, you’d think so, but all of your diseases are in perfect balance…
Burns: So what you’re saying is, I’m indestructible!
Doctor: Oh, no, no, in fact, even a slight breeze could —
Burns: Indestructible…

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:48:29 AM

Are people going on tilt or just edgy? Is it really that serious, I'm reading that this stuff is kinda like influenza in which case we're talking business as usual. Not implying that that's good.

I've seen people go from one extreme to the other on this one.  Some people are buying into the hysteria and are completely freaking out.  Like SARS, I expect to see people walking the streets wearing particulate masks any day now, LOL!

It can only be passed through direct contact of bodily fluids.  There is no reason it should have got as big as it has.  Starting to think it's only got to this point so big brother can come up with a miracle vaccine . I imagine there are Billions and Billions of dollars to be made for a "cure"
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:49:09 AM

The false positives are signs of being edgy.

Otherwise I wouldn't compare Ebola to influenza.  Ebola virus can survive up to 10x longer than influenza and kills up to 50%-80% of people it effects.   Center for Disease Control thinks there could be 1.5 million cases within 4 months.

Still that's only 700,000 people dying when the US has over 1+ million legal immigrants in a year

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:30:59 AM

I'm really not worried about it; as far as I know about the disease, while its effects are extreme, it's hard to actually get the stuff; you'd have to actually be near a person who has it, then you have to get some of his fluids not just on you, but in you, which even then the former can be subverted by washing your hands with regular soap.  Until I hear about ebola cases occurring in my own town, I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.  There is no scare, it's just that the areas in Africa in which ebola is occurring, the people are stupid as hell.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:51:34 AM

Best I can tell, people are surprisingly calm for the time being in the Dallas area.

Are we concerned Ebola has landed in Dallas ? Yes.

Are people in Dallas losing their shit ? No. Not yet.

If it has been spread to others, then I'm fairly sure people will become more on edge, but it's not like we're expecting the end of the world or anything.

The general feeling I get is that people are expecting this will become a non-issue in the next 40 days. I hope.

Meanwhile, on the cover of Dallas Weekly Magazine...

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2014/10/dallas_newspaper_may_want_to_rethink_its_taste_of_africa_comes_to_dallas_cover.php

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:40:13 PM

I'm really not worried about it; as far as I know about the disease, while its effects are extreme, it's hard to actually get the stuff; you'd have to actually be near a person who has it, then you have to get some of his fluids not just on you, but in you, which even then the former can be subverted by washing your hands with regular soap.  Until I hear about ebola cases occurring in my own town, I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.  There is no scare, it's just that the areas in Africa in which ebola is occurring, the people are stupid as hell.

True that! Otherwise we would be seeing HAZMAT decom... Oh, wait!

Meanwhile, this is how fucked we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yvlU-mFCpI

Dude reminds me of this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdiPHMPiJvE

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:17:50 AM

It spreads.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29514920
"Ebola outbreak: Nurse infected in Spain"
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:19:58 AM

In that order.

It'll be contained alright. No way will it be able to cross south of the border. Sorry, Canada.

How does that make sense for you? Assuming your in the states and you just had a case, an outbreak would mean it woul dbe contained in the states with your quote and thus Canada would be safe?
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:58:08 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 03:58:45 AM by Gyfts

The false positives are signs of being edgy.

Otherwise I wouldn't compare Ebola to influenza.  Ebola virus can survive up to 10x longer than influenza and kills up to 50%-80% of people it effects.   Center for Disease Control thinks there could be 1.5 million cases within 4 months.

Still that's only 700,000 people dying when the US has over 1+ million legal immigrants in a year

1.4 million under the complete best circumstances is what the CDC predicts and that's a long shot. That's the best scenario with people slobbering all over each other. In my opinion, Ebola while deadly, is containable. In Africa, the death toll is at 3,400 plus after months with mediocre treatment, and the most of all, ignorance. When I say ignorance, I mean people believing Ebola is a government scam or personally carrying Ebola victims with no protection. Even with the ignorance and poor technology, we are at a relatively small amount of deaths for the magnitude of the disease.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:27:22 PM

Ebola swim the sea and landed on Spain.

Run run for the hills!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: