Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:31:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just throwing this out there.  (Read 2755 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:24:46 AM

what bitcoin needs is a some hot ebay like market place that implements multi-sig in a easy way anyone can do it.

open bazaar has the right idea, but they messed-up the execution, i was all excited, then i learnt its in beta, and have to use linux plus have to read some long installation manual  just to try it...

being able to spend coins at new eggs is gr8 and all.

but  participating in a marketplace where poeple really do use bitcoin as it was intended, would be cool, like really cool.

bitmit was really taking off, until they got hacked and lost 15BTC

the trick will be to implement a JS multi-sig wallet so that the site itself never handles users funds and escrow is done with the multi-sig by the users themselves, in fact the multi sig wallet generated and signed by the participants should be temporary wallets that will unlock and forward the funds directly to the merchants personal secure wallet solution of choice, after the required n of m signateurs fulfill the contract, implemented is a straightforward easy way for users.

your thoughts?

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:32:08 AM

Wait for OpenBazaar to go out of beta?

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:36:21 AM

will it ever?

and if it requires a linux machine and can't be accessed with a tablet or smartphone it's not going to be accessible to 99% of the poeple.

wait wait wait.

i want to build!

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:38:52 AM

I'll need a JS library that makes implementations of m of n transactions possible

does this even exist?

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:38:56 AM

the trick will be to implement a JS multi-sig wallet so that the site itself never handles users funds and escrow is done with the multi-sig by the users themselves, in fact the multi sig wallet generated and signed by the participants should be temporary wallets that will unlock and forward the funds directly to the merchants personal secure wallet solution of choice, after the required n of m signateurs fulfill the contract, implemented is a straightforward easy way for users.
Multisig is not the panacea everybody is making it out to be.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:39:49 AM

will it ever?

and if it requires a linux machine and can't be accessed with a tablet or smartphone it's not going to be accessible to 99% of the poeple.

wait wait wait.

i want to build!

says the dumbass with penguin avatar.....

Hey dumbass, are you aware that it will run cross-flatform?guess what lang is it coded on?
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:40:22 AM

While not familiar with openbazzar, I certainly agree that this would serve a great deal of value to cryptocurrencies.

I'm certainly a proponent and would like to help such an effort however I can.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:44:43 AM

Multisig is not the panacea everybody is making it out to be.

giving buyers the ability to only unlock funds once the product arrives + a merchant reputation system, would make P2P commerce online posible.

maybe the site could be the part of every contract and act as aribtor in case of disputes, a  fee would be charged when the the  aribtor is required, thats where the site would make its money

Multi Sig sounds promising

we need to play with it and see what we can achieve.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:46:59 AM

will it ever?

wait wait wait.

i want to build!

I think development is doing good:

We’ve had a huge increase in community participation since our 1.0 launch last month. Since OpenBazaar launched at the end of April this year, we’ve had over 700 issues opened and pull requests (new code) submitted. More than 400 of the 700 have come in the last month alone, from 40 different contributors. We also passed 600 stars on Github. You can check out more stats on our Github page.

https://blog.openbazaar.org/launching-openbazaar-beta-2-0/

This kind of platform is no easy task.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:48:30 AM

While not familiar with openbazzar, I certainly agree that this would serve a great deal of value to cryptocurrencies.

i'm not all that familiar with openbazzar either.

i just read the headlines, and saw it required some effort to try the beta and was just a little disappointed.

hopefully they can make it work on all platforms flawlessly  

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:51:07 AM

i just read the headlines, and saw it required some effort to try the beta and was just a little disappointed.

You should listen to this. They are basically building exactly what you are proposing. The main challenge is to build a decentralized escrow reputation system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_iZvKw0IZU

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:52:15 AM

will it ever?

wait wait wait.

i want to build!

I think development is doing good:

We’ve had a huge increase in community participation since our 1.0 launch last month. Since OpenBazaar launched at the end of April this year, we’ve had over 700 issues opened and pull requests (new code) submitted. More than 400 of the 700 have come in the last month alone, from 40 different contributors. We also passed 600 stars on Github. You can check out more stats on our Github page.

https://blog.openbazaar.org/launching-openbazaar-beta-2-0/

This kind of platform is no easy task.

good stuff

i guess just waiting for OpenBazaar to come out of beta will be the thing to do

cool.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:56:23 AM

You should listen to this. They are basically building exactly what you are proposing. The main challenge is to build a decentralized escrow reputation system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_iZvKw0IZU

this seems interesting i will have to listen to this tomorrow

thanks.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:01:27 AM

Escrow idea is good.
Westin Landon Cox

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

From what I've read, JavaScript is a terrible language for a program that is meant to be secure.
It has no well defined semantics. It would be easy for browser implementations to maliciously
interpret code (e.g., secretly sending private keys to the NSA). Trusting a program written in
JavaScript means trusting Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, etc.

Am I wrong about this?

Bitpreneur

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 10:56:03 AM

I couldn't agree more.  I run/am building a few Bitcoin-based businesses and would love to see more opportunities to reach customers.  Open Bazaar was just... bizarre.  I like what they're doing with it, but it'll never expand to the critical mass that it needs due to the amount of technical work that needs to go into it.  One truth about anything web-based - if you make it too hard to use, people won't use it. 

I like what happened with Bitcoin Black Friday  that did a lot to boost the Bitcoin economy - but we need it year round!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:13:48 PM

If there was one that relies solely on bitcoin and nothing else as payment mode, that would be great

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:37:02 PM

I couldn't agree more.  I run/am building a few Bitcoin-based businesses and would love to see more opportunities to reach customers.  Open Bazaar was just... bizarre.  I like what they're doing with it, but it'll never expand to the critical mass that it needs due to the amount of technical work that needs to go into it.  One truth about anything web-based - if you make it too hard to use, people won't use it. 
It's currently in beta.  There will be a Windows install package in due course.

Open Bazaar really does tick all the boxes.  Soon, people, soon.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:06:00 PM

When the official version Open Bazaar come out, it will hit the market. The first e-commence system is implementing decentralized concept paying by bitcoin. It will save a lot of fees for the buyers and sellers. Every one who know about cryptocurrency will rush to try their service.

Bitpreneur

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

When the official version Open Bazaar come out, it will hit the market. The first e-commence system is implementing decentralized concept paying by bitcoin. It will save a lot of fees for the buyers and sellers. Every one who know about cryptocurrency will rush to try their service.

Patience... how long is that going to take?! Wink  It's cool, I'm just really wanting to see something happen soon.  Many ideas, and I need a place for them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: