Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:04:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do most of FUD creators are newbies! Whats their plan?  (Read 1692 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:15:03 PM

I read a fud and I see them mostly newbies!

what do they gain? is it not logical that if they want to create a fud it would be more powerful if they are posted by a senior or hero member but they choose to create a  new account to create FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT posts.

This is one such among many

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=809370.0
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:16:50 PM

Those posts are good places to collect ignores before they waste my time in real discussions.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:20:17 PM

They want the price to drop so they can get BTC cheaper.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:21:52 PM

Their accounts are new, but are they new? Perhaps one can earn a small amount from posting FUD in an effort to drive down price?  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Those posts are good places to collect ignores before they waste my time in real discussions.
My sentiments exactly.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:25:35 PM

My sentiments exactly.

self-moderated posts are also an indicator of how worthwhile they are on a forum bear that in mind Tongue
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:40:35 PM

what do they gain? is it not logical that if they want to create a fud it would be more powerful if they are posted by a senior or hero member but they choose to create a  new account to create FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT posts.

Thje actual quoted FUD thread is a clear wallstreet boy who just lost his ass on a bitcoin investment or investment firm who just lost a section of a portfolio to bitcoin.

If bitcoin really ants to concentrate on a merchant to pick bitcoin up,. they need more concentration on investment firms, since the only thing controlling bitcoins demand is its tradable value why not target them instead of places like amazon dell and other coin dumping merchants, we need merchants that want to buy bitcoins not sell them DAAAAAAH.

FUD from new users is most likely due to them being pressured by someone and got in on a bad investment situation. Personal due diligence was not addressed and they need a place to vent.

They could be just generally angered that they were not able to get rich quick, thus need a place to complain about it.

ignoring all FUD is not the answer, there are stupid FUD people and there are FUD that has substantial proof and backing. If you got in to late sorry about your luck thats life, if you felt pressured into an investment and are now loosing your butt, you should have done your own research before investing. Even I (as a FUD poster) can tell you buying in the past 5 months to next 3 months is not a good idea. as history shows the regular movements are downward at the end of the year add that with the merchants dumping a lot of coins every two weeks and its just not a good decision to make.

Altho i post a lot of FUD postings I hope people will run out of bitcoins to throw at these merchants soon. the sooner the kids and bitcoin stupid people get rid of all thier bitcoins the faster the price will raise. We need to kill the faucets and gambling sites. I hate to say that, but that is where the idiots are getting the coins to spend with the merchants. we need people buying the coins in order to spend them not gambling a win and getting free faucets earnings and referral earnings of over a bitcoin a week. And yes it can be done if you know what you are doing Smiley

I cant really say I am a complete FUD poster, but a lot of my posts do relate to Bitcoins inability to create a true demand for Bitcoin. I wish someone with one of those damn 1 million coin wallets would put them to use in a positive way.

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:47:01 PM

Their accounts are new, but are they new? Perhaps one can earn a small amount from posting FUD in an effort to drive down price?  Wink
I don't think they can earn that much. An account that posts nothing but FUD and trolls is liable to get neg bombed if they go too crazy which would decrease the value of their account.

A FUD spreader would need to buy a lot of accounts if they wanted to use older accounts. This would eat into their ROI from spreading FUD

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:50:48 PM

So that people can sell their btc at $300 and they can grab it cheap

xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:57:26 PM

I assume it's to give the appearance of multiple people supporting the FUDster's viewpoint.

When in reality it's just one or two people. (Probably "Falllling" in many guises. The manner of speech is often familiar).

as to actual motive, who knows?

Paid by some establishment member, scared of Bitcoin?
someone who was burned? By the bubble, or gox, or who knows what.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:47:37 PM

I don't think they can earn that much. An account that posts nothing but FUD and trolls is liable to get neg bombed if they go too crazy which would decrease the value of their account.

A FUD spreader would need to buy a lot of accounts if they wanted to use older accounts. This would eat into their ROI from spreading FUD
I don't think its all that profitable, but some people are trying.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

i think most Fud spreaders are people with maybe $20 spare cash to their name and they are trying their damned hardest to provoke panic in the hopes of one day owning a whole bitcoin.

they wont be satisfied until bitcoin hits double digits, and even then they will keep trying to cause panic amongst the sheeple.

i gave up watching exchange prices months ago, as they are flawed anyway. localbitcoins and OTC is were the fun is these days.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:14:29 PM

conspiracy  Cheesy

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:17:27 PM

conspiracy  Cheesy

Yes. A psudo-conspiracy of greedy, self interested individuals. lol

Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

The speculation section has many trolls. Often times they just insult people and tell them to sell. If they are right (which they have been this year) they insult people for not selling. These accounts do sometimes get banned, so the owner would not want to risk their real account.

Not to say there isn't trolls on there other side, but we haven't seen them as much with the price going down for awhile now.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:31:08 PM

The way some of them talk, its clear they are sockpuppet accounts.

Absence of Newbie jail means you can sign up and start trolling from go.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:18:16 AM

...and sig campaigns help the manipulators cover their costs. Here's how; some kid starts an account and posts many, many insignificant posts to drive up his activity and his ranking because he hears that people will purchase accounts with high ranking. He acheives "full member" status then sells account. Buyer of account joins whatever sig campaign will take him, hires some trolls over in Services section, puts each troll in charge of a handfull of sock-puppet accounts and sends them out on "missions" manipulating valuations of securities, businesses, btc itself. There is an ulterior motive to holding fake accounts, but thanks to sig campaigns, manipulators can most likely make back all their expenses and spread FUD for free.

You will notice I advertise in my sig. I do so with a clear conscience because I know I have no hidden agenda here. If banning sig campaigns will limit the trolls ability to operate I have no problem with that.

Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:18:57 AM

They want the price to drop so they can get BTC cheaper.

^^^ THIS ^^^
a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:38:57 AM

conspiracy  Cheesy

Yes. A psudo-conspiracy of greedy, self interested individuals. lol
I don't think they are so much each a different person (as implied above) but rather are controlled by a small number of people who are trying to use their sockpuppet accounts to promote their shitcoins. I can't even count how many threads I have read recently in the bitcoin discussion subforum that is advocating to change the mining algo to PoS (piece of shit)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███