Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive AMT 1.25TH Setup [HD]  (Read 6780 times)
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:12:22 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:22:54 PM by mrpark

I thought this was an unlocked thread for discussion/reviews, and I was adding an actual customer review. I am not accusing him, it is just the one that he has posted is very different than the one sent me by AMT_miners. I will not post anymore.

Good try, but customers got machines with no power supplies, cut wires, and wrong type of fans.

Why did this reviewer get a nice shiny one, and your all your customers got used pieces of dusty garbage?

Because I wipe miners down before taking pictures? Can you remove size 16 font please, it does nothing but troll ME rather than AMT.
Good try? Are you accusing Dogie of something? He has AMT as the lowest rated company on his list. Why don't you take your anger with AMT to their threads.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:47:00 PM

Hello, another disappointed/angry AMT "customer." I use the term customer loosely as it's more they took my money sat on it for about 7 months and sent me a miner worth about $300 bucks. I'm a bit of a stickler for customer service as I have a management background in it, but even by most peoples standards they would fail with flying colors. I've never worked with such a rude company when it comes to fixing a problem they've caused. Beyond the rudeness, which honestly I can get over, they never fixed any of the issue. They were responsive on the phone and through e-mail in the beginning, probably until they took enough orders by their standards at which point communication stopped cold. Their phone number switched to a voice mail black hole that no message could escape from to reach their ears.

Josh had told me in a skype chat they were working with inno directly after the bitmine route burned them in the ass. Josh initiated this chat under the belief I was a crypto-security expert programmer, just that guy and I shared the same name.  My belief was he was looking to get me to do some work for him finding a away to stop his poor reputation from growing. But he never outlined what he would have wanted me to do. He did proposition opeium2 in regards to hacking bitcointalk to remove negative inf. It seems Josh has never heard the story about the effectiveness fly hunting using honey as a bait. My guess is he still manages to catch plenty of files though as he is a shitbag. He also detailed to me how in the future he plans to burn Phinneous Gage/Gelb/Bruno's house down after the heat dies down because he would be an obvious suspect.

My miner came with the dusty ass fans, no written guidance what so ever, missing the cabling that was promised and completely lacking a PSU. I've still never received a psu. I used PSU I had on hand from when he tried to send me one of the IMET produced miners they built. Unfortunately that one was running so hot the fucking heat sinks were falling off.

Oh yeah before I forget you probably shouldn't buy from AMT.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:16:25 AM

i bought a miner from AMT to the tune of $5959. almost 12 months later i still have NOTHING. If you order from AMT after reading all the information out there on Joshua Zipkin you deserve to lose your money just like I did. He is a second rate con artist that will lie about hash rates, delivery times and refunds - anything to get you to wire him that money. He talked a great game but when it comes to following through he is an abject failure.

Please take the time to Google the owner's name, Joshua Zipkin. Don't take my word for it. Do your research and please don't be scammed like we were.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:39:56 AM

This is what the FTC is saying about BFL:

Defendants cannot hold consumer money for months on
end while giving nothing in return, and then claim to operate lawfully. Moreover, up until the
time of filing, they were engaging in deceptive practices. Their website stated that the Monarch
was shipping even though the evidence shows that most of the orders remained outstanding.

Change the word Monarch to  1.2 TH/s AMT Miner and is reads exactly like what AMT did to it's customers. Funny, that.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
grimbit

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:26:34 AM

Do you know where I can get firmware for a AMT 1.25TH/s 4U? Reason is I'm not able to change the pool or stop the miner ex.. I lost the home, and setup link at the top. Thanks

As always excellent review. I will note the same as MrPark. The company should be avoided. Their hardware is deceptively advertised at rates higher than the hardware actually goes. The webUI reports inaccurately 1.27 all the time regardless of the pool rate despite the other numbers being refreshed. Leads me to think its a false hashrate. I don't see this with any other miner product. It's just another case of smoke and mirrors with Joshua Zipkin deceiving people. Also should be noted that ssh access is possible BUT sadly they don't provide that info or they lie about the logins. It required some hacking the image to actually get SSH working properly in my case.

FYI the SAME model is reported on their site as 1.3Ths. So again more lies from this company. AVOID!! Oh and according to them, I am their official support contact. I am not. They passed the buck off to me. And I am trying to get Joshua Zipkin arrested for putting my family in danger. That should speak volumes about the company itself. Considering he thought it was a terrible idea to send a review unit initially to dogie, find it hilarious he took my idea and ran with it. I will post the chat log later where that comes up Wink

I'm running a newer firmware version then the screenshots above and it does actually change values, and it does achieve higher hash rates. I do believe there are enough chips to achieve 1.25TH and its just bad firmware which is failing to achieve that hash rate. We had to go through several versions just to get one that would find the modules. Unfortunately though, he doesn't seem to have been around for a while and I had to publish as it had been too long.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:39:01 PM

Do you know where I can get firmware for a AMT 1.25TH/s 4U? Reason is I'm not able to change the pool or stop the miner ex.. I lost the home, and setup link at the top. Thanks

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: