Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Could Bitcoin Evolve?  (Read 3605 times)
bitcoinbot (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:52:59 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I was wondering how Bitcoin could evolve over the next 10 years or so.

I guess the best thing would be if  shops would accept Bitcoin at the terminal as well as paying for things like flights online with it.
Aside from this though, what kind of things could happen to Bitcoin?

I saw that there is a 'new' wallet which is like a lite version that means you don't need to download the whole blockchain.

Thanks.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:59:51 PM

IF??

bitcoin is already accepted at the cashiers desk in thousands of retail stores

bitcoin is already accepted for flights and vacations
cheapair.com
airbaltic.com
expedia.com

to name just a few.

as for the big event of bitcoin in the next 10 years.. that would have to be the detachment to the dollar valuation.

imagine a common measure that can be used in all countries.

now here is the idea
imagine cost of living was a measure of minimum wage of whatever counntry yo were in multiplied by 40.

this would give you an estimate of your native cost of living.

now imagine that for instance instead of a dollar reference, we simply had buy and sell orders based against that measure.
thus right now bitcoin is about 1.5 'col'

now whatever country you live in you can work out how much bitcoin is based on your own currency without having to know dollars conversion rate.

also the average cost of bread is 1% of cost of living. thus if bitcoin is 1.5col. you can instantly know you will now get 150 loaves of bread for 1 bitcoin.

if bitcoin doubled in value to 3 col. you know instantly that you can get 300 loaves of bread. anywhere in the world.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:23:37 PM

First end PoW mining, otherwise it might not even survive long enough to "evolve".

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
bitcoinbot (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:49:19 PM

Thanks, I didn't know Expedia accepted Bitcoin.
I was thinking more along new technologies to make the process smoother, clearer and quicker than just adoption.

I know a few select pioneer stores accept Bitcoin but how long till we see that in Wallmart?

I have no idea what Pow mining is.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:11:04 PM

First end PoW mining, otherwise it might not even survive long enough to "evolve".

You certainly are on a mission, aren't you? Just fork it and let the better protocol win.

Why would I do that? I'm a stakeholder of the existing protocol, I am entitled to express my concern regarding the insane PoW expense, which is perpetually sucking value out of my stake in Bitcoin.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:15:52 PM

You certainly are on a mission, aren't you? Just fork it and let the better protocol win.

Why would I do that? I'm a stakeholder of the existing protocol, I am entitled to express my concern regarding the insane PoW expense, which is perpetually sucking value out of my stake in Bitcoin.

like 0.1 btc?

Why does POW expense matter? Do you even know Economics?

If the money supply is cheap (lol) then so is the value of that money. If the supply rate is too high, then that means the adoption rate (velocity) is too low.

Now think about it for a second and see how dump you sound for thinking POW expense matters at all.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

like 0.1 btc?

If the money supply is cheap (lol) then so is the value of that money. If the supply rate is too high, then that means the adoption rate (velocity) is too low.

Now think about it for a second and see how dump you sound for thinking POW expense matters at all.

$500 million per year in PoW expense doesn't matter? it's value transferred out of the Bitcoin eco-system. It's dumb to think PoW expense doesn't matter

seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:18:39 PM

like 0.1 btc?

$500 million per year in PoW expense doesn't matter? it's value transferred out of the Bitcoin eco-system. It's dumb to think PoW expense doesn't matter

like i said, you didnt even spend a min to think huh?

you dont even know what you want is lowering money supply rate. It has nothing to do with ......POW expense retard.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

like 0.1 btc?

like i said, you didnt even spend a min to think huh? Stupid

Because you have no clear argument for me to think about? because you are trying to spin the concept of transferring $500 million USD value out of the Bitcoin eco-system is something that doesn't matter?

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:22:19 PM

like 0.1 btc?

you dont even know what you want is lowering money supply rate. It has nothing to do with ......POW expense retard.

Wow, how dumb can you be? do you think PoW expense magically goes away when money supply is gone? then who's going to secure the Bitcoin network at that point? Like I said PoW is a PERPETUAL expense, that has NOTHING to do with money supply.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:26:50 PM

like 0.1 btc?

Oh I see why you are arguing for PoW now, you are a PoW miner, you post a lot on hardware threads. So go away, PoW miner shill with no logical argument.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:27:49 PM

pretty sure the core devs all agree, pow is the only proven secure method to achieve distributed consensus.

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:28:09 PM

PoW means fair distribution.

In PoS only, you basically have to buy coins someone premined or created with his premined coins. What a joke! Yet some support this idea  Cheesy

yo
seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:28:18 PM

like 0.1 btc?

Wow, how dumb can you be? do you think PoW expense magically goes away when money supply is gone? then who's going to secure the Bitcoin network at that point? Like I said PoW is a PERPETUAL expense, that has NOTHING to do with money supply.

Stupid fck with POS addiction i see.

You must have think POS has no expense..... lol. DUMBtard.... i wonder why your altcoins went down the drain.
seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:29:52 PM

In PoS only, you basically have to buy coins someone premined or created with his premined coins. What a joke! Yet some support this idea  Cheesy

because it fits their ponzi perfectly.

The dumb fck cant even see a simple Economics, so he blame it on POW expense.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Yeah, Satoshi mined 50%+ of the coins in the first year, that's really fair? Most PoS has better distribution in the first year. Also if you really love PoW for distribution, you could use it for distribution, Like peercoin did, and the fade it out later, I'm not really against distribution via PoW. It's the PERPETUAL part that annoys me.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:32:46 PM

because it fits their ponzi perfectly.

The dumb fck cant even see a simple Economics, so he blame it on POW expense.

Yet you still haven't explained how $500 million value transferred out of the Bitcoin eco-system "doesn't matter". Just explain this if you think it's simple economics.

seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:33:02 PM

Yeah, Satoshi mined 50%+ of the coins in the first year, that's really fair? Most PoS has better distribution in the first year. Also if you really love PoW for distribution, you could use it for distribution, I'm not really against distribution via PoW. It's the PERPETUAL part that annoys me.

It annoys you because you dont understand shit.

Had bitcoin used POS, Satoshi's stash would be .....what? ah.... i guess you didnt think of that.

The inventer of blockchain had to mine to keep it useful for others to contribute. Not like your POS scam, dumbass.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:33:39 PM

like 0.1 btc?

Stupid fck with POS addiction i see.

You must have think POS has no expense..... lol. DUMBtard.... i wonder why your altcoins went down the drain.

PoW miner shill still have no real argument other than personal attacks I see.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:35:19 PM

Yeah, Satoshi mined 50%+ of the coins in the first year, that's really fair? Most PoS has better distribution in the first year. Also if you really love PoW for distribution, you could use it for distribution, I'm not really against distribution via PoW. It's the PERPETUAL part that annoys me.

It annoys you because you dont understand shit.

Had bitcoin used POS, Satoshi's stash would be .....what? ah.... i guess you didnt think of that.

The inventer of blockchain had to mine to keep it useful for others to contribute. Not like your POS scam, dumbass.

Satoshi's stash in a PoS system would depend on how he decides to structure the distribution, just like he could structure the PoW distribution in his favor too, by mining 50%+ of all distribution in the first year (he could have just made the reward very high in the first year too, but he didn't, so there's no reason to think he would have given himself bigger stash in a PoS system).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: