Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Exchange Rate Site  (Read 20315 times)
FreedomFirst (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2010, 11:34:16 PM

http://btcrates.nfshost.com/

The site contains tables for the exchange rates of bitcoin for 50 world currencies as well as copper in oz, silver in oz, gold in grams and platinum in grams.

The site will be updated daily.

Eventually it will be moved to a more permanent web address.

Feedback on the site is appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NewLibertyStandard

Activity: 252
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2010, 02:27:58 AM

A two dimensional table is useful for displaying multiple exchange rates as well as inverse exchange rates.

Here's an example.
http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/exchange-rates/

It makes the math simpler if you show the exchange rate per 1 bitcoin, not 50. Just be sure to include a certain amount of significant digits. I realize that my suggestion is contrary to my own exchange rate, but if I was displaying a table of exchange rates like I describe above, I would base the table on the value of a single bitcoin.

Treazant: A Fullever Rewarding Bitcoin - Backup Your Wallet TODAY to Double Your Money! - Dual Currency Donation Address: 1Dnvwj3hAGSwFPMnkJZvi3KnaqksRPa74p
FreedomFirst (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2010, 02:38:42 AM

I appreciate the feedback.

A two dimensional table is something I will consider. However, Im not quite sure how it would layout as a 51x51 cell table would be massively wide or require multiple smaller tables . I'll look into it and experiment with it a bit and see how workable it is.

As far as 1 bitcoin versus 50 bitcoins, It would make my tables needlessly large and require several extra digits to each number. It will be something that is more workable in the future as bitcoins increase in value, reducing the need to use so many digits when working with a single bitcoin.They are also issued in blocks of 50 so to me it just seemed more natural. I tend to view 50 bitcoins as a single unit, especially now when they are worth less than one cent per bitcoin.

DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2010, 05:46:14 PM

Nice, thank you.
riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 17, 2010, 02:56:48 PM

Whose rates are those?

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
FreedomFirst (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2010, 10:54:49 PM

I apologize for the site not being updated for the last week. I was in the hospital and in and out of doctor appointments during the last week. The site will continue to be updated now once daily in the evening as usual.

The BTC to USD is from http://newlibertystandard.wetpaint.com on the exchange found there. All other rates are calculated based on current closing market values for the day of currencies or metals based on the current BTC rate.
inforocker

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:55:43 PM

such service can work only automatically as manual conversion rates filling every day would really be Sysiph work...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: