Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My company can no longer take BTC.  (Read 2553 times)
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

why don't you try bitpay?
actually I don't know why godaddy doesn't work with coinbase
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:54:51 PM

Get a programmer to make a program that accepts Bitcoin, maintains a float on a more private exchange, checks the transaction and then sells on the exchange of your choice.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:01:06 PM

http://straight.romansnitko.com/

https://github.com/snitko/straight-server

Has anyone tried this open source free payment gateway?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:22:41 PM

And now Coinbase is demanding way too much information - this is the last straw.

What, an address and contact number is too much?

What if a customer asked for this info?

687_2 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:27:22 PM

Yes, GoDaddy sucks. Fine. But switching to a different server or host doesn't address an issue in this thread. Odd that it keeps being brought up. Suppose the OP gets a different server/host. Q: What does he do with it so that he starts making sales in BTC? A: Nothing. He spends money on a better server/host and gets nothing in return.

And advertise? Sure. But advertising is very expensive. The OP would need to decide if spending a few thousand dollars on advertising will result in more than a few thousand dollars worth of BTC in sales. It seems unlikely to have this effect if his current BTC sales are zero.

BTC is a niche. Very few people have it and very few of those use it. If you don't believe me, start a BTC accepting business. Tell me how the crickets sound where you live.

100% agree. It's easy to tell who here actually owns businesses on these forums, eh?

ROI is how I have to manage things. Right now I have to consider whether spending another 12+ hours getting one of these open source BTC solutions setup is worth the potential 2 sales in the next 6 months, or whether my time is better spent on less speculative projects.

This is the second time Coinbase has changed their information requirements for merchants, and your code just breaks on your website if you don't have their form fully filled out (I was caught by surprise the last time they did this). I don't think they're entitled to any of this information, especially considering 0 sales have occurred and I've never sold BTC for fiat through their system.

My company's industry is niche as it is, so maybe BTC will mature as a payment option in a year or two.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:51:28 PM

Coinbase complies with AML/KYC and is registered with FINCEN. They need to ask those things. The info requested is very basic and any legit business should have no problem divulging. Really, what's the problem here? Coinbase processes your payment, I'm pretty sure they need to keep this info on file. You go to your bank to open a business account, are you going to complain how they request this info as well?

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:57:04 PM

As for the second part of your concern; Bitcoin is still going through growing pains. I hope you didn't expect people to line up to pay you in btc. You've spent your time just setting up the payment on the website, but no time or money was spent on advertising. How do you expect your potential btc customer when word never got out in the first place? You even admit the products you sell is a niche.

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:35:30 PM

I can take BTC. Just point your phone here or copy this address:

1M72Sfpbz1BPpXFHz9m3CdqATR44Jvaydd

https://blockchain.info/address/1M72Sfpbz1BPpXFHz9m3CdqATR44Jvaydd

So complicated...
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:44:33 PM

So complicated...

Merchants need POS apps, plugins, API's and shopping carts as Bitcoin remains volatile. They cannot price their goods and services in BTC directly and shouldn't be expected to need to manually change their prices every 10 minutes.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:44:23 PM

Maybe your product sucks. How many orders have you received in fiat?

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:47:01 PM

http://imgur.com/GSwxxQz

I invested a lot of time setting up my company's website to work with Coinbase's API. Three months have passed; not a single order has been paid for with BTC. And now Coinbase is demanding way too much information - this is the last straw.

I need a Bitcoind client that can be installed on a Godaddy server. Until then, my company can't take BTC.

Why don't you just use Bitcoin the way it was intended to be used?   Get a receiving address and post it on your site.  You don't need Coinbase.  Or BitPay.  If you need something to "convert" the price, that can easily be created.  And I'm sure something exists somewhere. 

Bitcoin "Merchant Services" are a legacy concept that exist because legacy systems are too afraid to use Bitcoin the way it was intended, yet.  Nobody is stopping you from accepting Bitcoin payments the "direct" way.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
PandaMac

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

Tough luck.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 07:30:00 PM

Merchants need POS apps, plugins, API's and shopping carts as Bitcoin remains volatile. They cannot price their goods and services in BTC directly and shouldn't be expected to need to manually change their prices every 10 minutes.
Right. They just need to automatically change their price once a minute.

The basic service Coinbase provides is that they'll guarantee a Bitcoin buy price to a merchant for a minute or two. This removes market risk from the merchant.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:42:17 PM

Right. They just need to automatically change their price once a minute.

The basic service Coinbase provides is that they'll guarantee a Bitcoin buy price to a merchant for a minute or two. This removes market risk from the merchant.
There are also auto-convert bitcoin addresses offered by exchanges and processors. Send bitcoin to the address and it auto-converts to USD. You can also use a simple API bot and auto-sell bitcoin to USD on the exchange...

For a project that took weeks to adopt the Coinbase API, you would expect some serious effort. Most open source carts appear to offer bitcoin integration, I'll have a look later and see if I can help Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: