Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can Cryptsy.com serve you better? Still the #1 Digital Currency Exchange!  (Read 3761 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:18:33 PM

How much btsx did you make from all customers pts deposits on cryptsy at the time of the snapshot?

We did not participate in the snapshot so I do not have any data on that.

If you look at how many "snapshot like" coins systems there are now it is likely we will just not support this type of campaigns. Treat snapshots like stake you have to remove coins in order to participate which will likely remain our official stance.

How do you "not participate" in a snapshot?

Where ever the pts is held is the wallet that gets credit for the snap shot. Does the above mean you just did not claim the btsx?

I would also like to add I had no pts on your exchange at the time and up until the above I WAS a very happy cryptsy user.

Bottom line is prior to the snapshot we announced we would not participate in snapshots and conversions etc. The Protoshares team also told anyone who wished to participate to do so buy using their personal wallets. Meaning if you want to claim yours you had to have them in a wallet. Many customers withdrew. Those that did not, raise a fuss now because the sudden rise of Bitshares price and popularity.

Really its no different than staking if you want to stake you withdraw coins.

This policy would stand for any other snapshots rewards or anything that requires importing keys etc.The entire topic of snapshots staking and addresses is also covered in the Terms of Service

Anyhow lets move past Bitshares and snapshots in general since it is asked an answered both here now, in the past, and in the TOS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gentso1

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

How much btsx did you make from all customers pts deposits on cryptsy at the time of the snapshot?

We did not participate in the snapshot so I do not have any data on that.

If you look at how many "snapshot like" coins systems there are now it is likely we will just not support this type of campaigns. Treat snapshots like stake you have to remove coins in order to participate which will likely remain our official stance.

How do you "not participate" in a snapshot?

Where ever the pts is held is the wallet that gets credit for the snap shot. Does the above mean you just did not claim the btsx?

I would also like to add I had no pts on your exchange at the time and up until the above I WAS a very happy cryptsy user.

Bottom line is prior to the snapshot we announced we would not participate in snapshots and conversions etc. The Protoshares team also told anyone who wished to participate to do so buy using their personal wallets. Meaning if you want to claim yours you had to have them in a wallet. Many customers withdrew. Those that did not, raise a fuss now because the sudden rise of Bitshares price and popularity.

Really its no different than staking if you want to stake you withdraw coins.

This policy would stand for any other snapshots rewards or anything that requires importing keys etc.The entire topic of snapshots staking and addresses is also covered in the Terms of Service

Anyhow lets move past Bitshares and snapshots in general since it is asked an answered both here now, in the past, and in the TOS
Fair enough and thank you for your response
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:51:15 PM

Add XMR

and also...

In the chat box, make it so that Private Mentions are in a different coloured font.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:09:16 PM

Add XMR

and also...

In the chat box, make it so that Private Mentions are in a different coloured font.

We have one project that is preventing XMR from a listing today. I like the coin and its got a strong community so have little doubt it will make it in.

We will bring more features to chat in the coming months its on our roadmap.
onlyyou

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:42:22 PM

I was good enough use a cryptsy for store a coin before exchanged to btc until now i still have a balance in there even though a small amounts

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:41:35 PM

Care to explain the reason why people could not withdraw BTCD a few weeks ago?

What was the "technical" issue that presented such a challenge?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:46:46 PM

Sure we run super low hot wallets for one. It some times take some tweaking to make sure we have enough to meet withdraw demand so that is part of the snaffu. Match that with a server crash ( more of a server unplanned reboot) leading to a corrupt wallet DB you get a rough week of delays.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:59:03 PM

Add XMR

and also...

We have one project that is preventing XMR from a listing today. I like the coin and its got a strong community so have little doubt it will make it in.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:33:29 PM

Add XMR

and also...

Could you elaborate a bit more on this?

As far as the current Project its a surprise so no but you will know more sometime during the inside Bitcoin conference. As far as new chat features Ignore, PM, Mention etc its on our list but chat is always a low priority for us.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:07:14 AM

If you're going to go through the work of adding XMR, you might as well add Boolberry, another CN coin with some nice features like seeing unconfirmed transactions, faster syncing (much faster algo), and less blockchain bloat.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:28:13 AM

Sure we run super low hot wallets for one. It some times take some tweaking to make sure we have enough to meet withdraw demand so that is part of the snaffu. Match that with a server crash ( more of a server unplanned reboot) leading to a corrupt wallet DB you get a rough week of delays.

This does not explain 2~3 week delays then cancellation of the withdrawal request....

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:36:04 AM

This does not explain 2~3 week delays then cancellation of the withdrawal request....
Actually the delays were on and off not sure why yours went long. My guess was your situation was something else such as an account hold.

Withdraws would be cancelled on request or if there was a possibility of that withdraw going into a forked chain.
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:50:00 AM

Better support. Never leave a customer without a honest response. If an issue is going to take some time to be fixed, let the user know that. Other than that, it's the best exchange by a wide margin.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:55:06 AM

Better support. Never leave a customer without a honest response. If an issue is going to take some time to be fixed, let the user know that. Other than that, it's the best exchange by a wide margin.

We have been making big strides in support. Biggest support hurdle has always been training. Most of our agents understand block chains etc now was not always the case. So you can hire lots of folks but until they grasp crypto it does not help much. We are in a much better position on that front now.
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:23:43 AM

Just wanted to chime in and say what awesome transparency it is for an exchange to have it's employees out-reach to the community to ask what they can do better, if anything. How often do you get to see that elsewhere? That makes me even more happy to be a user of Cryptsy services.
+1
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:47:43 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say what awesome transparency it is for an exchange to have it's employees out-reach to the community to ask what they can do better, if anything. How often do you get to see that elsewhere? That makes me even more happy to be a user of Cryptsy services.

I've been 'only' using your exchange since earlier this March and must say that it's been smoothing sailing thus far... One time or two months ago I would get impatient/worried that a transaction didn't go through and e-mailed staff... fast responses, no probs. Everything went through. When I poke in the chat to troll my favorite saying at the bottom with "Kev" - It's always nice to see the various mods helping others so diligently with various issues. Though I haven't ever won anything, I think the weekly raffles are pretty nifty as well.

All-around, fantasic site, services, and personnel.

Thanks BitJohn and Cryptsy!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

Cryptsy Points FTW!  Cool

Thanks without amazing Customers we would never have gotten to where we are today.I am glad you enjoy the thread hope many others are as well.
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:44:05 PM

Could you look into this? It's still a problem for us. BTCD withdrawals commonly take a long time.. up to several days. For example, right now I have one that was initiated 11 hours ago and still hasn't been processed.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:40:09 PM

Could you look into this? It's still a problem for us. BTCD withdrawals commonly take a long time.. up to several days. For example, right now I have one that was initiated 11 hours ago and still hasn't been processed.

I will take a peak and see what I can figure out.
sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:41:31 AM

Hi BitJohn, can you add Pandacoin?

Thanks!

What goes around comes around...
carborundum

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:46:54 AM

Make a DECENT and RELIABLE api with low transaction costs...... learn from bitfinex where all my trading is done
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: