Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Torn between two lovers, Honest opinion please.  (Read 1643 times)
lophie (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:12:12 AM

Hi guys,

I have sold a decent amount of Bitcoins at $400 to buy back at $350. Now the time is here and I am thinking of waiting a little bit longer. The weekend is nigh, But it might be the last weekend before the rend upward /:.

I realize that currently if I consider my initial decision, That I am moved by greed and not rationale. But if I buy this week and it keeps on down-trending for 3-4 weeks, I consider it a loss, personally.

What do you guys think? $350+ in 3-4 weeks? a pure speculative question either you want to share your rationale with us or not.

p.s. $560k people and $100 people are just trolls and not invited in this gentlemen conversation, thank you.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:16:01 AM

I would definitely hold out for 349.50, but 349.25 is not out of the question.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
lophie (OP)

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:25:16 AM

You sir is what they call in social circles, an asshole.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:45:22 AM

You sir is what they call in social circles, an asshole.
You ask about 350 when we are already in the 35x range. The difference between now and 350 isn't even worth the trading fees. Why can't it go back to 560 or down to 100? Those are all reasonable speculations, though 100 seems a little unlikely.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:49:24 AM

350 is a pretty solid resistance given that spring flash crash went to it and stopped. so it either holds or get broken, if it does break then you might see lower 300's but I would not bet much on it.

as for practical advice, buy half now and see how it unfolds.

i am satoshi
lophie (OP)

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:59:06 AM

350 is a pretty solid resistance given that spring flash crash went to it and stopped. so it either holds or get broken, if it does break then you might see lower 300's but I would not bet much on it.

as for practical advice, buy half now and see how it unfolds.

You sir are the opposite of the person first responded to this thread, thank you it is indeed a good advice.

SunBin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:18:42 AM

Hi guys,

I have sold a decent amount of Bitcoins at $400 to buy back at $350. Now the time is here and I am thinking of waiting a little bit longer. The weekend is nigh, But it might be the last weekend before the rend upward /:.

I realize that currently if I consider my initial decision, That I am moved by greed and not rationale. But if I buy this week and it keeps on down-trending for 3-4 weeks, I consider it a loss, personally.

What do you guys think? $350+ in 3-4 weeks? a pure speculative question either you want to share your rationale with us or not.

p.s. $560k people and $100 people are just trolls and not invited in this gentlemen conversation, thank you.

We are in down trend and catching the falling knife is dangerous.

What is your exit plan if you do buy at this price?
lophie (OP)

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:23:43 AM

Hi guys,

We are in down trend and catching the falling knife is dangerous.

What is your exit plan if you do buy at this price?

I am a long term hodler who gets in and out in % of the portfolio. For this particular endeavor my plan is as follows. I got out at 400 and wants to get back in at 350. Will not touch the funds for 3-4 weeks and then trinkle a bit from time to time. 10% -15% at a time.

Feneusens

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:29:26 AM

Hi guys,

If you don't buy now you risk missing the boat.... bitlicence coming..

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:42:49 AM

Don't buy now. This is my advice.

By the look of things we are going much lower.
This thing is NOT gonna just pump right now out of thin air (nobody is buying from the asks)

This is my advice. Don't worry about missing "cheap coins", a lot cheaper coins are coming anyway.

If you really want to buy, wait a few days and see what's up.
blitzbad

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:43:19 AM

Hi guys,

If you don't buy now you risk missing the boat.... bitlicence coming..

what boat? the Titanic?
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:09:17 AM

You could replace the coins you sold and keep the difference in usd as profits, or keep the fiat on hand to buy lower if you want.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
marvinrouge

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:18:38 AM

Wait for enough volume. You can buy with a quarter of your fiat and buy the rest later.
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:21:59 AM

There seems to be a regular cycle of partial recoveries after declines, so perhaps gradually buy back in after each decline?
Ie buy 20pc now, then wait a week...
lophie (OP)

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:28:14 AM

Don't buy now. This is my advice.

By the look of things we are going much lower.
This thing is NOT gonna just pump right now out of thin air (nobody is buying from the asks)

This is my advice. Don't worry about missing "cheap coins", a lot cheaper coins are coming anyway.

If you really want to buy, wait a few days and see what's up.

Yes in a sense I agree but I have 2 problems with this idea.

1- No one can know if money is coming in from a big buyer until it is too late to get money in as well especially if you trade according to an exchange price and not on the exchange itself.

2- It is mostly greed moving me now since obviously I reached my estimated goals.

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:36:34 AM

We dropped 26% in the past 4 weeks, we have risen and fallen even faster in the past, in this small and emotional economy it's hard to tell what will happen in a few days, extreme price fluctuations are a real thing here.

Currently i feel there is a very negative sentiment. But that could just be because of all the troll posts..

I think we may check around 266 but i have to say it completely baffles me why anyone would sell that low considering the scarcity of btc and difficulty to mine them. Infrastructure growth and adoption are at an ever increasing rate.

This is just panic selling. I suspect we will recover to 400-500 soon and hang around there for a bit.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:45:01 AM

We dropped 26% in the past 4 weeks, we have risen and fallen even faster in the past, in this small and emotional economy it's hard to tell what will happen in a few days, extreme price fluctuations are a real thing here.

Currently i feel there is a very negative sentiment. But that could just be because of all the troll posts..

I think we may check around 266 but i have to say it completely baffles me why anyone would sell that low considering the scarcity of btc and difficulty to mine them. Infrastructure growth and adoption are at an ever increasing rate.

This is just panic selling. I suspect we will recover to 400-500 soon and hang around there for a bit.

This.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:47:03 AM

I'm expecting another Gox type event when the panic buying starts. I never recommend bulk buying or selling. Use cost averaging incremental trading always. The profits are not as much, but you don't kick yourself for getting burned.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:06:49 AM

i have to say it completely baffles me why anyone would sell that low considering the scarcity of btc and difficulty to mine them. Infrastructure growth and adoption are at an ever increasing rate.

Alot of profit chasing - short selling makes money, so invites more short sellers. I'm not sure when will this thing explode, but it should, just like any leveraged longs rally explodes when it runs out of steam.

i am satoshi
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:24:26 AM

This.

+1 BTW: there are LOTS of shorts atm.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: