Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying Advertisements  (Read 848 times)
Vortex20000 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 10:56:10 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 02:24:30 PM by Vortex20000

I'm not raising money. Just gauging interest.

The Drone

My family and I are going for a holiday in Taiwan soon and I've got a decently big quad-copter to mount a live-feed GoPro Hero Black 3 on. I'm not going to be flying this with advertisements in Taiwan (duh) but once we get back from the trip it'll just be sitting around collecting dust. Instead of that, I plan to attach lightweight cloth banners (not so good image quality, but should do) and fly that around. Electricity to charge the battery only really costs me half a buck or so and I can get a 30 minute flight from one charge.

Location & Audience

I live in Singapore. I've checked with the local authorities and they've given the go-ahead to fly the drone wherever I want in Singapore except over military bases and over a certain distance up in the air. However, I don't even live by a military base and the drone isn't capable of reaching the max allowed altitude they specified carrying a banner. The drone will be flown on weekends, for sure, and whenever I feel like it during the weekdays. Public holidays are a must too. I'm wondering if anyone in the Bitcoin community would be interesting in buying [physical] adspace on the banner. It will be flown at approximately 20ft (6.6m) up in the air and it will be carrying an A3-sized banner. The text can be large, whatever, but I encourage the ad to have a white background so it's better readable.

Your audience will mostly consist of unenlightened citizens of Singapore who are not aware of Bitcoin. I realize this is a big downpoint. However, Singaporeans tend to pay attention to anything electronic and interesting and a flying drone is electronic and interesting. I estimate an impression count of roughly 2,000 people per flight.

Register Interest

If you think you or your company would be interested in an ad, post below! I'm not selling anything; this is no scam. I just want to see the responses and whether or not it would be a good investment of my money buying 2 drones.

If you think you or your company would be interested if not for something that bothers you, post that below too. We can work around it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinbuddy

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:00:19 AM

Copy Cat  Shocked Shocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=799975.0

i hope that you will get something good
Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

Copy Cat  Shocked Shocked

Firstly, unlike you, I already have one drone. This thread is intended to gauge interest. If the interest is great enough I'm purchasing a second dedicated drone.

Secondly, unlike you, I'm not raising money. I'm not asking for donations and there's not even a bitcoin address in my signature. To get my address you have to view my profile.

Thirdly, expanding on my first point, looking by the timestamp on your "original" post, I've owned my quad-copter since before you made that thread. On top of that, my copter is no toy. It's the same model that the main news channel in my country uses for bird's eye camera shots.

Before you accuse people, do your homework.

Coinbuddy

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:27:28 PM

Copy Cat  Shocked Shocked

Firstly, unlike you, I already have one drone. This thread is intended to gauge interest. If the interest is great enough I'm purchasing a second dedicated drone.

Secondly, unlike you, I'm not raising money. I'm not asking for donations and there's not even a bitcoin address in my signature. To get my address you have to view my profile.

Thirdly, expanding on my first point, looking by the timestamp on your "original" post, I've owned my quad-copter since before you made that thread. On top of that, my copter is no toy. It's the same model that the main news channel in my country uses for bird's eye camera shots.

Before you accuse people, do your homework.

LOL there is no BTC address in my signature ;P

Well nice work

I think you have DJI Phantom
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:20:07 PM

Exactly how big is the drone?

Is it possible to place banners and such?
(Requesting Pic please)

Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 04:43:27 AM

Exactly how big is the drone?

Is it possible to place banners and such?
(Requesting Pic please)
It's about 1m by 1m.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: