Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why the bitcoin price is going down ?  (Read 4167 times)
kaykawa (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:18:58 AM

What is the main reason?

You are holding your coins ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:59:45 AM

more and more merchants suddenly accepting bitcoin and not enough people buying more btc. The merchants are also converting the btc back to fiat and that also drives the price down.. good time to buy.
kaykawa (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:01:32 PM

more and more merchants suddenly accepting bitcoin and not enough people buying more btc. The merchants are also converting the btc back to fiat and that also drives the price down.. good time to buy.

i'm was thinking the same... the are selling too fast at low price  Undecided

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:06:19 PM

Absolutely! The question is how to push up the demand of bitcoin. When the price is low enough and really bargain for consumers. More people will rush to buy bitcoin. The price will skyrocket.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 12:10:32 PM

I'll wait for below 100 threshold before considering placing the buy order  Grin

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:14:27 PM

localbitcoins is still above $400 while sheeple are panicing while looking at the crappy btc-e/bitstamp small valuations

wake up sheep theres less actual bank movements on exchanges compared to localbitcoins

stop valuing bitcoins 13 million coins based on movements of just 200 coins!!!!

exchanges are just bot movements on a mysql database..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:17:09 PM

i'm was thinking the same... the are selling too fast at low price  Undecided

Most merchants are not interested in Bitcoin itself.

They see that it potentially can get them extra revenue, and that's the main reason for them to accept it.

And also, any payments made with Bitcoin will directly be converted to Fiat Currency, unless the merchant decide to keep the coins.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:19:08 PM

Merchants are real businessmen that used Bitcoin for marketing stunt and short term attention.

They don't actually believe in magic bean money and that's why they sell it on the spot.

Merchants are not stupid, bag holders and lazy nerds are the stupid ones here.
kaykawa (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:19:57 PM

I'll wait for below 100 threshold before considering placing the buy order  Grin

Really?

The lowe price for bitcoin will be 300.

lower than that... miners will turn off their miners.

imho

Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:20:25 PM

localbitcoins is still above $400 while sheeple are panicing while looking at the crappy btc-e/bitstamp small valuations

wake up sheep theres less actual bank movements on exchanges compared to localbitcoins

you do understand that nobody is even buying on LBC.  plus it is super over priced because of high fees and chances of loss due to scam or disputes.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 12:24:57 PM

shhhh I'm still trying to let them drive the price lower for cheep coinz!

waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:00:27 PM

What is the main reason?

sorry for those 2014 holders its a loss for them.
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:06:59 PM

Continuing to accumulate and use Bitcoins as much as possible Smiley

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:23:38 PM

I'll wait for below 100 threshold before considering placing the buy order  Grin

Really?

The lowe price for bitcoin will be 300.

lower than that... miners will turn off their miners.

imho

Has anybody considered the possibility that Chinese and Russian miners pay almost nothing in electric because of kickbacks? Even soverign nations might be mining and dumping at this point

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:28:40 PM

Why? I'm guessing pure manipulation by one or a few whales.
If you look at the order books you see there's almost no selling pressure. So basically nobody is crazy enough to sell at these prices except a few that want to trigger panic, which will work at some point of course. Then they buy back double... That's how you make money if you have money :p

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:40:37 PM

Merchants are not the reason for this price fall. Why would anyone pay with BTC anywhere, if the price is shitty. It's like selling BTC for $ now
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:23:27 PM

Merchants are not the reason for this price fall. Why would anyone pay with BTC anywhere, if the price is shitty. It's like selling BTC for $ now

Yea, 'cause bitcoin loses all it's utility when the price isn't considered to be high...
The least you could do before saying stuff like this, is read up on what bitcoin is, how it works, the philosophy behind it's various uses.

I still use bitcoin almost every day for purchases, i stack up again and i buy stuff with it, i try to accumulate some in the process for the long term to make profit.
It's as useful to me at $50 as it is at $5000.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:26:29 PM

Normal for price to go down as high as 70%.

It has happen every year since it creation.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:27:42 PM

Continuing to accumulate and use Bitcoins as much as possible Smiley

What's the highest you paid recently, and are you still holding them?
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:41:37 PM

Also I think Russia is getting out this week: http://www.coindesk.com/russia-proposes-fines-bitcoin/

a press release was posted elsewhere on bitcointalk that linked to a new release in Russian that allegedly said the central bank of Russia rejected the proposals due to it not being consistent with their objectives.  Either way, they are merely proposals.  And even full out laws banning bitcoin will likely have the same effect as if they attempted to ban bittorrent.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: