Bitcoin Forum
October 22, 2017, 04:59:38 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Seriously Should I Take Counterparty?  (Read 720 times)
KJBit

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:37:04 PM

I recently stumbled upon a website called Counterparty (https://www.counterparty.co/). They claim to provide an innovative peer-to-peer financial platform that leverages the bitcoin blockchain.

Allegedly, it includes the ability to do the following, among other things:

- Token/Asset Creation
     - Create your own currency (coin)
     - Issue a crypto-equity (and easily pay dividends to shareholders)

- Decentralized Exchange (DEx)
     - Trade BTC directly for any Counterparty created asset

- Peer-to-Peer Betting
     - Binary bets
     - Contracts for difference (CfD)

All of this sounds very exciting to me. But the problem is, since I'm new to this whole crypto-based technology thing, I am not able to make an educated call on how seriously I should take this technology/service.

So can somebody with more experience in this field tell me what are the future prospects of Couterparty?

Since this is supposed to be a decentralized service based on bitcoin blockchain technology, can I expect it to be relevant as long as bitcoin is relevant, at least?

My main concern here is, if I were to issue a cryto-equity on a real business I own (it's just a blog, nothing too big), using counterparty, can I expect this thing to be around for let's say the next 5 years at least?

Your reply will be appreciated.

Regards,

KJBit
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:18:35 PM

I recently stumbled upon a website called Counterparty (https://www.counterparty.co/). They claim to provide an innovative peer-to-peer financial platform that leverages the bitcoin blockchain.

Allegedly, it includes the ability to do the following, among other things:

- Token/Asset Creation
     - Create your own currency (coin)
     - Issue a crypto-equity (and easily pay dividends to shareholders)

- Decentralized Exchange (DEx)
     - Trade BTC directly for any Counterparty created asset

- Peer-to-Peer Betting
     - Binary bets
     - Contracts for difference (CfD)

All of this sounds very exciting to me. But the problem is, since I'm new to this whole crypto-based technology thing, I am not able to make an educated call on how seriously I should take this technology/service.

So can somebody with more experience in this field tell me what are the future prospects of Couterparty?

Since this is supposed to be a decentralized service based on bitcoin blockchain technology, can I expect it to be relevant as long as bitcoin is relevant, at least?

My main concern here is, if I were to issue a cryto-equity on a real business I own (it's just a blog, nothing too big), using counterparty, can I expect this thing to be around for let's say the next 5 years at least?

Your reply will be appreciated.

Regards,

KJBit

Is not counterparty itself a crypto corrency ? I saw this name on Coin Market Cap.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.