Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Social Network For Crypto Land  (Read 3880 times)
killsig (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:34:38 PM

So I had a site, http://www.cryptobucket.com that was an old doge faucet.  I decided to turn it into a social network for crypto people.

It's really basic right now.  I'll be adding a bunch of crypto-ish features to it such as pricing and info as well as cleaning up or adding usability features.

I figure it might give people a place to network with other crypto junkies without all the clutter of everything else you get on sites like fb & twitter.

Check it out!  There will be a random draw from the user profiles (that have profile pictures and posts) for a $100 worth of crypto to be given away.

If you like the idea, awesome!  If not, please don't spoil the fun.  If nothing else this is just something for me to dabble with.   Wink
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:38:15 PM

interesting....

Smiley

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
Window2Wall

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:25:04 AM

I like the idea of a social network for people who all like and are interested in bitcoin. It could be a place where people who are invested in and are interested in bitcoin can 'gather' and discuss things as they relate to bitcoin.

I think I would call it bitcoindiscuss.....unless you wanted to use a simpler term for discuss, maybe you could replace discuss with talk, so you would call it bitcointalk
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:29:58 AM

Great idea! It will be supplement of bitcointalk. Cryptocoiners could go there to socialize their activities about cryptocurrencies. Bitcointalk as a forum is sharing and commenting everything published by every member to the public in the forum. The people who go social network as twitter could twitter their own, retweet others and follow the one they like.
killsig (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:26:49 AM

Made some progress over the last couple days.

Added BTC prices for the following exchanges: BTC-E, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Local Bitcoins US, CAVIRTEX, BTC China, Huobi

Added Bittrex markets

Added the following Bleutrade markets: BTC, LTC, DOGE, BC, BLEU, USD

killsig (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:53:32 AM

The first CryptoBucket Private Key Hunt! 

http://www.cryptobucket.com/index.php?a=post&m=46
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:03:59 AM

Consider putting your feature list somewhere.  I don't like the idea of signing up just to see what you offer.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SF-Man

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:31:43 AM

Consider putting your feature list somewhere.  I don't like the idea of signing up just to see what you offer.   Undecided

Yeah, that takes time. Smiley You have something to say, make everyone read it.

killsig (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:39:13 AM

Yeah, that takes time. Smiley You have something to say, make everyone read it.

+1
killsig (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:49:28 PM

More information about CryptoBucket here. Smiley
h4xx0r

Activity: 154

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:53:00 PM

Interesting project, but needs to be converted to MVC. i have sent you a PM. i'm sure that i'm not the only one who would be interesting in participate in working on your project. you could create a private repo on bitbucket for us to work in our own trees if you are interested. I could drop a few hours a day on it. I can dev the full stack but most notably i'm a fairly highly touted UI/UX designer.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:22:03 PM

There are many paranoids around here, you know. I'm not on facebook nor on any social network, and I'll never join any service like that. Sorry to tell you this, but this forum fully satisfies all my social desires.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
killsig (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:04:24 AM

There are many paranoids around here, you know. I'm not on facebook nor on any social network, and I'll never join any service like that. Sorry to tell you this, but this forum fully satisfies all my social desires.

Completely understandable!   This isn't a "gotta change his mind" reply, just an FYI. The ONLY required info on CryptoBucket is an email address which any paranoid person could create a throwaway account in a couple minutes.  Not trying to be facebook where the goal is to build some giant social graph of sell-able data.  Just trying to give like minded people a space where they will have many more crypto related features than the simple machines forum with a title "bitcoin forum". Smiley
killsig (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:06:43 AM

Interesting project, but needs to be converted to MVC. i have sent you a PM. i'm sure that i'm not the only one who would be interesting in participate in working on your project. you could create a private repo on bitbucket for us to work in our own trees if you are interested. I could drop a few hours a day on it. I can dev the full stack but most notably i'm a fairly highly touted UI/UX designer.

Thanks for getting in touch.  At this point I'm not interested in branching out with other developers, I have a few devs I can use already.  But thanks for the offer!
fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:14:53 AM

Completely understandable!   This isn't a "gotta change his mind" reply, just an FYI. The ONLY required info on CryptoBucket is an email address which any paranoid person could create a throwaway account in a couple minutes.  Not trying to be facebook where the goal is to build some giant social graph of sell-able data.  Just trying to give like minded people a space where they will have many more crypto related features than the simple machines forum with a title "bitcoin forum". Smiley

I don't know, this forum is already pretty good <3
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:23:59 AM

So I had a site, http://www.cryptobucket.com that was an old doge faucet.  I decided to turn it into a social network for crypto people.

It's really basic right now.  I'll be adding a bunch of crypto-ish features to it such as pricing and info as well as cleaning up or adding usability features.

I figure it might give people a place to network with other crypto junkies without all the clutter of everything else you get on sites like fb & twitter.

Check it out!  There will be a random draw from the user profiles (that have profile pictures and posts) for a $100 worth of crypto to be given away.

If you like the idea, awesome!  If not, please don't spoil the fun.  If nothing else this is just something for me to dabble with.   Wink

What tool did you use to create it?   We've got a social networking tool on our site, but are using "Social Engine" for it.  Wish there was something a lot better out there, that is also integratable with WordPress.  Any suggestions?

Great idea and looks very clean.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:04:52 AM

That page took a good 30 seconds to load...   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:22:25 AM

About 1 second for me. You might want to consider giving up the dialup service for something more up to date. lol

@OP It looks good so far but you don't have many users yet and that's kind of required to make the site valuable. The giveaways are a good idea. That might bring some users. If you can ban Bittburger I'll use it. jk

SpiderLegion

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:26:19 AM

I like the idea of a social network for people who all like and are interested in bitcoin. It could be a place where people who are invested in and are interested in bitcoin can 'gather' and discuss things as they relate to bitcoin.

I think I would call it bitcoindiscuss.....unless you wanted to use a simpler term for discuss, maybe you could replace discuss with talk, so you would call it bitcointalk

Hahaha!  Good one.  Yeah I don't see why we would want to get less formal than Bitcointalk, unless you really wanted small groups of people to circljerk even harder than Bitcointalk
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:31:07 AM

About 1 second for me. You might want to consider giving up the dialup service for something more up to date. lol

@OP It looks good so far but you don't have many users yet and that's kind of required to make the site valuable. The giveaways are a good idea. That might bring some users. If you can ban Bittburger I'll use it. jk
I think having a lot of giveaways will bring in a lot of account farmers who will create a bunch of accounts whose only purpose is to claim the giveaways. This will reduce the value of each account to the site as advertisers will not want to pay as much on a per impression/per click basis
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: