Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:53:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would this work?  (Read 1060 times)
42kang (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 04:15:54 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2011, 04:28:07 AM by 42kang

The whole deal with bitcoin is an alternative to regulated currency, a true free anonymous market, correct?

Hows about a program that once installed, you can put in your general geographical location and it will patch you in as a node in a local network for your area (each computer running the program in the area becomes a node). The program shares a distributed set of information and is continually checking itself for corrections and validations, like bitcoin. In this way I can become a node and share some weight in the data distribution then anonymously put an item I would like to sell to someone else in the local network, ask a price in BTC and then once the item is dispatched at a pick up point I can then forward the buyer the details of collecting. Or alternately I could use the programs to see a listing of things for sale in my local area, the price in BTC and then once bought wait for directions to collect.

Assuming everything is lawful and tor compatible, would this work as a agorist program? How might the details for the pick up point be communicated to the buyer?
The idea is to maintain anonymity, have a locally distributed agora which runs on a trust/rating program.

Floating thoughts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skittixch

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 05:33:25 AM

Nefario has taken an idea of mine similar to this and run with it.

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6279.0

I like your local spin on it.  You might read through that thread, and throw your two cents in.
42kang (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 06:49:32 AM

Well thought out.
An inter lapping node network where each node is instructed on a need to know basis and is assigned only jobs that meet their trust mandate.
Someone mentioned a sort of sender trust mandate so the first node isn't set up in a sting.
Lots of good ideas, I hope an idiot proof and secure interface can be used as a way of accessing the cloud agora.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: