Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:19:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont follow *Anyone. Trolls, To-Da-Mooners, Falling, Sevvero, or *any Prophets  (Read 2974 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:29:43 AM

*You CANT make more of it at will*

The miners are mining coin, increasing BTC supply at 10x the dollar inflation rate.  Ten times.  Bitcoin will not become a deflationary currency in our lifetimes.
If you're impressed by the "at will" bit, I got an excellent investment opportunity for you:

Like Howard Hughes, I keep all of my piss in mason jars.
I can not produce more piss at will, and the influx of new urine will stop when I die.  Making my piss an exceedingly valuable commodity.

Get in on the ground floor?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PseudoCode (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:42:07 AM

Ho Ho.  The problem is, I have no idea how much beer you will be drinking, and thus the volume of your piss (present forum postings excluded) is not a predictable quantity.

You could well go on a binge weekend and wake up richer than anyone despite you having "pissed your beer prices away". 

Also, I cant think of any easy way for you to send your piss to anyone via the internet and Im not interested in collecting it in person.   

Liquid Gold it may be in color, but its really 95% water, subject to evaporation, and otherwise its Urea, Chloride, Sodium and a few other minor quite common organic compounds.   

Also, I cant think of any way of cryptographically verifying its actually *your urine, and not just scooped up out of any random urinal (How do I know what you do in your spare time ?)

So, no thanks, Ill pass up on this "opportunity".  Nice Try though Smiley
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

^
So you'll buy up my piss once I'm dead & can't piss any more?  How many jars should I put you down for?

Intelligent and attentive customers such as yourself are the core demographic I aim to supply with my urine.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:34:14 PM

Idiot.

You didnt even read what I just wrote did you ?  Or at least, you didnt *think about it, just took your opportunity to repeat your "See, Told Ya So, We're right,  Im out, shoulda listened to <x>" blather. 

Are you really that stupid, or just hoping to derail my attempt to encourage people to think instead of "believe" (ie, act without thought on unsubstantiated advice) by repeating your "Nyah Nyah, I won, follow me" garbage.

I read it, line after line of the same cliches and useless platitudes that the bulls toss around to convince each other that everything is all right, and that it's no problem that they're losing money every day.

ie.

Dont spend what you cant afford to gamble and you don't have to worry.

gee, how original. this coming from the guy who encourages others to "think for themselves"  Cheesy

Bitcoin *IS* a world-changing technology.  There is and has been *nothing like it in the history of the world.

this is the same dribble posted by bulls constantly, and it means jack shit if the public doesn't have interest. The distributed ledger is a new technology, but it solves a problem that nobody has. Don't believe me? Look at the market. Nobody buying, everybody dumping.

solves a problem nobody has? wow you really are stupid. first thinking banking isn't a flawed system, second thinking no one has problems waiting days or weeks and paying massive amounts to transfer money, third thinking current price has anything to do with whether or not the technology is solving a problem people have. honestly you've never posted a sinlge intelligent statement ever, on any of your shill accounts, but this statement takes the cake as one of the stupidest things you've said to date.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:52:45 PM

solves a problem nobody has? wow you really are stupid. first thinking banking isn't a flawed system, second thinking no one has problems waiting days or weeks and paying massive amounts to transfer money, third thinking current price has anything to do with whether or not the technology is solving a problem people have. honestly you've never posted a sinlge intelligent statement ever, on any of your shill accounts, but this statement takes the cake as one of the stupidest things you've said to date.

Bitcoin tries to solve a real problem.  Unfortunately, Bitcoin, as a solution, is worse than the problem it tried to solve.

Let's be methodical:
1. Banking is a flawed system?  Yeah, but  Bitcoin?  If your car has problems, don't trade it in for a pair of roller skates, fix it.
2. There are people waiting days and weeks to transfer money.  These people (the poor, unbanked, and uneducated) have expressed little interest in Bitcoin.
3. BTC exchange rate represents the market sentiment re. BTC worth.
PseudoCode (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

Bitcoin tries to solve a real problem.  Unfortunately, Bitcoin, as a solution, is worse than the problem it tried to solve.
Let's be methodical:

"Methodical" ?  How about *rational ? 

I can methodically prove *anything, provided you allow me to make completely ridiculous, unsupported assertions in my methods.

Please explain why bitcoin is "worse than the problem it tried to solve".

*What problem ?
How did Bitcoin "try" to solve it ?
Why is it "Worse" ?

Please provide supporting evidence for your statements, and not just personal opinions.   

You know, I recall hearing much the same twaddle coming from Microsoft in the early days of Linux -  "But it doesnt do anything that *we cant do !"..  Maybe, Maybe not, but it does it *for FREE.

A decade or so down the track, Linux now powers every Android Handset out there, innumerable embedded devices, the Majority of servers, Practically ALL super computers, and guess what, the average Joe in the street *Still doesn't know what it is.   They're happy enough using their virus-ridden fragile and easily broken Windows. 

But the people who *matter and provide services (Google, Ebay, Facebook, WikiPedia, Twitter, in fact practically *every large service provider) use Linux to power their services, and probably couldnt exist without it.  Can you imagine Gmail having to pay a per-user Client License Fee to MS ?

Bitcoin shares much in principle with Linux.  Its open source, it has no "owner", it requires no middleman or central authority, it has no (significant) useage fees, anyone can use it to receive payments with a few minutes of work and no approvals required.  It enables Micropayments (the long sought after Holy Grail for low-cost web-payments). I could go on, but Im not trying to Spruik Bitcoin here, Im just providing counter examples to your baseless assertions.

1. Banking is a flawed system?  Yeah, but  Bitcoin?  If your car has problems, don't trade it in for a pair of roller skates, fix it.

More meaningless analogies.  Please explain your statement that Bitcoin compares to Roller Skates.   

Are you suggesting that *everyone wants to cart 1000Kg of steel machinery about with them, powered by a noisy, polluting engine capable of producing several hundred horsepower, even although it spends 90% of its time idling in traffic, is prone to frequent breakdown and requires constant input of money and resources to keep operational, just to move a single persons lazy 80kg ass a few kilometers (in 80% of journeys) ?   Oh, thats not what you meant ?  Smiley  Then dont use weak car analogies.

2. There are people waiting days and weeks to transfer money.  These people (the poor, unbanked, and uneducated) have expressed little interest in Bitcoin.

Oh Really ?   And you surveyed *how many of them to provide this "proven fact" ?   

Perhaps a more likely (still unproven) statement is they "dont know about it, or how to use it.. YET".    Until it appears in their local store, with a User Interface such that they can put their $100 note in, and type "Email to Aunt Flora in Wales - Subject, Happy birthday from Joe In America", they probably wont either. 

But there is nothing to stop someone from building Bitcoin based money transfer machines that work exactly like this with no requirement to interface with *any of the existing banking system and no requirement for the developer to build his own hacker-proof trusted transmission network.  Its just developing the end-user applications that sit on top of the underlying technology that make it useable for the uneducated.

Example. The Internet DNS system.  Without it, who is going to be able to remember all those IP addresses ?  Add a simple lookup layer over the top of it, and suddenly Joe can www.whatever.com to his hearts content.

3. BTC exchange rate represents the market sentiment re. BTC worth.

It surely does.   But *at the moment, "The Market" is largely speculators, tech geeks, a few early adopters and a bunch of people who wouldnt recognise an SHA256 Hash if it hit them in the face, and thus fall for headlines that shout "Bitcoin Hacked, Millions Stolen !" when its completely untrue, so are "sentimentally" knee-jerk reacting to false, half-understood information.

Once "The Market" grows from its present embryonic size and the people who are seriously invested in it employ advisers who actually understand how the core technology works and can ensure the investors dont respond to illiterate incorrect noise from panic merchants, then the amateurs who are just in it hoping to make a quick buck will become a minority, and "market sentiment" will stabilise and not be as reactive to half-truths and misinformation.

So, it seems to me to have been fairly easy to counter your "methodical" unproven assertions with some simple rationality.   

Got anything more *substantial objection-wise ?   

Dont bother replying with more of the same waffle, Im not going to counter every unproven assertion that you make, I just wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to do so.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:47:43 AM

Good advice on thread title.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:29:51 AM

[wall-o-text]
Dont bother replying with more of the same waffle, Im not going to counter every unproven assertion that you make, I just wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to do so.

Your laundry list of nerdly cliches has awakened the educator in me.  I will help!
Ramblings about Linux might have thralled them back at your podunk middle school, but we're mostly adults here.  We've heard it told before, and more than once.
Before you sperge out and start rattling off another page of tiresome cringe, remember: I say all this with great love.  Think of it as an edifying rap of a ruler against your filthy knuckles--to help the lesson stick.
Now for that lesson!

Understand what you wish to say before saying it.  Think of your words as a sniper's bullet, not as a spray of birdshot from Bubba's sawed-off.
Intelligence and originality can not be taught, but I can teach you to express your hand-me-down thoughts tersely.
I have high hopes for you, PseudoCode!

Now go and play.
Rat_Poison

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:45:06 AM

Perhaps a more likely (still unproven) statement is they "dont know about it, or how to use it.. YET".    Until it appears in their local store, with a User Interface such that they can put their $100 note in, and type "Email to Aunt Flora in Wales - Subject, Happy birthday from Joe In America", they probably wont either.  

And then they find out a few days later that Aunt Flora never received the bitcoin, because there was malware running on her machine that hijacked her private keys. Maybe she received a phishing e-mail earlier that said, "Bill Gate will send you free bitcoin if you click this link and then forward the e-mail to all your friends!" She was using Windows after all.

And who sends cash to their aunts anyway? Why not buy a gift card like normal people, or even just send a check in the mail if you really insist on the cash?

Bull-tards love to give silly examples of why the world needs bitcoin, but for each one there is already a better solution in place, or it's not a genuine problem to begin with.

ie. there are very few people interested in being "their own banks" because the bank does everything for them they want, and they don't need to worry about losing all their cash on a misclick or technical issue.

PseudoCode (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:19:52 AM

The ignorance levels exhibited by the preceeding two posts would astound me, had they not already clearly demonstrated their conversational abilities.

Referring to Linux implies Im from a Podunk middle School ?  But "we are mostly adults here ?" 

Haha.  Son, just incase you overlooked the username, (which should have given you a clue had you been in the habit of using your noggin), I was hand soldering and machine-code programming my own computer designs back when the Z80 processor first came out, just to throw a little perspective into your world view.

So my claimed  erudite correspondent, your offer to "educate" me with a rap of your ruler, and your complaint that my page of counters to your brief  but erroneous statements constitute a wall of text or a shotgun spray merely confirm that you are incapable of processing any input that takes more than 2.5 seconds of cogitation and are therefore not worth bothering with.  Go and Play indeed..  What are you, 15yo ?

And to Mr Rat Poison, Who said anything about AuntFlo running the current Bitcoin client on her Virus ridden Windows PC ?  I hypothesized an ATM-like machine that enabled person-to-person transfers across national boundaries.  Aunt Flo can pop into her local corner store and withdraw her funds in the local scrip, without even having to own a computer thanks to the bitcoin network .  Its just an example end user application.  YOU inserted the Windows PC and the current Bitcoin software which is currently developmentally equivalent to Netscape Navigator v1.0 (incase you are old enough to remember it). 

End User Applications will likely hide the whole mechanics of the bitcoin operations completely from view of the error-prone end user.

Go ahead, wander into your local bank, and transfer $100 to an overseas relative.  See how long it takes, how much trouble it is and what the fees  are.

You go ahead and keep on saying that everything it does is already being done better..  repeat it often enough and you might even convince yourself.   After all, who needs email ?  Whats wrong with a written letter ?  Stamps have been good enough for AuntFlo for 50 years you know.
Rat_Poison

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:02:09 AM

And to Mr Rat Poison, Who said anything about AuntFlo running the current Bitcoin client on her Virus ridden Windows PC ?  I hypothesized an ATM-like machine that enabled person-to-person transfers across national boundaries.  Aunt Flo can pop into her local corner store and withdraw her funds in the local scrip, without even having to own a computer thanks to the bitcoin network .  Its just an example end user application. 

I'm not sure if you realize or not that the ATM-like machine will require money to run and maintain, and additionally there will be fees for transferring the bitcoin to/from the local currencies. Once you move the bitcoin client away from a home PC or smart phone, it essentially becomes another third party money transfer service.

And I've already told you that the mainstream public does not want to move money around by themselves, because they're too worried (for good) reason that they'll mess it up or that the value will crash before they can convert back to the local currency. So as you can now clearly see from my argument, bitcoin is "fixing" a problem that nobody has.

You go ahead and keep on saying that everything it does is already being done better..  repeat it often enough and you might even convince yourself.   After all, who needs email ?  Whats wrong with a written letter ?  Stamps have been good enough for AuntFlo for 50 years you know.

Here's the difference: people like getting e-mails, but nobody aside from fanatics want bitcoins. They're volatile, need to be converted for fees, prone to security issues, and can be completely lost in the case of a hardware failure.

If you lose somebody's e-mail, you can ask to have it sent again. If you lose bitcoin, then good luck!
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:40:50 AM

You responded with nothing more than a "See, We warned you, we were right"  and point to the current market action as evidence that nobody needs bitcoin, as if the current price is proof of your correctness.   Like it makes any difference.

... you're proposing there's a superior method to gauge the value of bitcoin other than the market exchange rate...?

Yes, of course there is. Otherwise the smart money (Soros, or all the early adopters here) couldn't make profit of an irrational market. The market doesn't represent the mood of the few.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:07:57 PM

Haha.  Son, just incase you overlooked the username, (which should have given you a clue had you been in the habit of using your noggin), I was hand soldering and machine-code programming my own computer designs back when the Z80 processor first came out, just to throw a little perspective into your world view...

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
PseudoCode (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:53:33 PM

LOL
DumbParrotBox

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:50:04 PM

baseless conjecture
a rational, albeit verbose counter to conjecture
no response to rational thought. resorts to eloquent, but irrelevant patronizing statements.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/arcion1/pwned.gif
Equus

Activity: 136

Why the long face?

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:13:07 PM

Fun thread, but I can't find the *footnotes. 

Did you *forget to attach a bibliography?

-.-. -.-. -- ..-.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:20:50 PM

You responded with nothing more than a "See, We warned you, we were right"  and point to the current market action as evidence that nobody needs bitcoin, as if the current price is proof of your correctness.   Like it makes any difference.

... you're proposing there's a superior method to gauge the value of bitcoin other than the market exchange rate...?

Look up the words "value" and "price" in a dictionary. I know it will be hard for you to believe you were wrong about something, but trust me. It will improve your English.

sure, the price of an education and the value of an education can being distinctly different. but we're talking about a currency  Roll Eyes

the value of a currency and price are mutually inclusive. it's getting tired arguing with these mental midgets around here...

Not being able able to separate price and value, is liking not being able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

Saying something stupid, then using that as a reason to call everyone else stupid only really points to one thing.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

Heh heh, "gorilla warfare".

You know gorillas throw poop at each other, right?

But seriously, I agree with OP. Anyone making dozens of posts trying to help message board strangers has an agenda that likely does not align with your own.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4480

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

Anyone making dozens of posts trying to help message board strangers has an agenda that likely does not align with your own.

Entertainment is my agenda.

Trolls like Faiiiiling and Sevtroll can be quite amusing. Bumbling fools have long been a comedic staple.

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:00:55 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 08:16:00 PM by NotLambchop

But seriously, I agree with OP. Anyone making dozens of posts trying to help message board strangers has an agenda that likely does not align with your own.

Me too!
Early adopters and traders pimping Bitcoin, telling others to buy because they're buying themselves.  Much selfless.  Very altruism.  Wow....

Trolls like Faiiiiling and Sevtroll can be quite amusing. Bumbling fools have long been a comedic staple.

And when the bumbling fools turn out to be right and their sagacious counterparts dead wrong--that's pure comedy gold Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: