Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price  (Read 1739 times)
GuitarFan (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:18:23 AM

Hello, sorry for my English.
Can you tell me why the bitcoin price so low? Can anyone tell me will it go up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:26:28 AM

small answer: price manipulation

exchanges are only doing a few hundred coins of actual trade vs real bank account withdrawal/deposits. the other 14,000 coins+ volume is from manipulators messing around with the prices on the mysql databases pushing the prices down.

for the last 2 weeks the main traders have been obvious. look at btc-e.

the majority of orders are 0.011 or 0.0212. and then there is an occassional order of 50-250 coins causing a wall, which stops price movements going beyond that wall.

it has been the same pattern for many weeks.

the best advice is to not worry about exchange prices. if you really need fiat (bank account money). then use localbitcoins.com
if you are simply trading for profit, then trade bitcoins for stable altcoins. and ignore the bitcoin-USD value.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:45:45 AM

It's good news about price going to low I like to use Value Investment I can hold  Grin

DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:48:29 AM

It's not low, it is still ridiculously overpriced. Over $300 dollars for a single bitcoin? Give me a break
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:50:47 AM

It's not low, it is still ridiculously overpriced. Over $300 dollar for a single bitcoin? Give me a break

When the value of bitcoin was  1200 $ , tell me ( please ) was it overpriced  or not?
DeadCoin

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:53:46 AM

It's not low, it is still ridiculously overpriced. Over $300 dollar for a single bitcoin? Give me a break

When the value of bitcoin was  1200 $ , tell me ( please ) was it overpriced  or not?

Obviously, $1200 was insanity, top of a mania
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:54:22 AM

Do not trade bitcoin for USD because by doing that you support the manipulators and crooked exchanges. However, what you could do is buy NuBits for your bitcoins because NuBits are always 1$ each. That way you are still supporting the cryptos and it's a nice hedge against bitcoin's decline. Oh and what is best about nubits is that you don't need to hold them on an exchange account like it is the case with USD but in your wallet instead.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:55:17 AM

Cultists, bulltards, whales, devs, early adopters and industry insiders are all dumping their stash, since they know the ponzi scheme is coming to an end. Plus: Miners got bills to pay, so they can't hold a rapidly depreciating asset. Thus they sell every coin they mine. This makes Bitcoin spiral further down, faster and faster.

No, price will not go back up. But there will probably be a few dead cat bounces along the way to zero. Expect double digit prices in a week or two, at most. That will be the time to buy "cheap coins". Still, no one will do so.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:58:56 AM

Cultists, bulltards, whales, devs, early adopters and industry insiders are all dumping their stash, since they know the ponzi scheme is coming to an end. Plus: Miners got bills to pay, so they can't hold a rapidly depreciating asset. Thus they sell every coin they mine. This makes Bitcoin spiral further down, faster and faster.

No, price will not go back up. But there will probably be a few dead cat bounces along the way to zero. Expect double digit prices in a week or two.

Doomsday prophet Smiley
DeadCoin

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:05:36 AM

No, price will not go back up. But there will probably be a few dead cat bounces along the way to zero. Expect double digit prices in a week or two.

Doomsday prophet Smiley

You don't need to be a prophet to see a naturally occurring ponzi scheme unraveling.
zeroday
Donator

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:12:19 AM

You don't need to be a prophet to see a naturally occurring ponzi scheme unraveling.

All I see is people making huge profits on shorts Wink
GuitarFan (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:15:24 AM

So what can you advise me? Withdraw money now or later?
zeroday
Donator

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:18:24 AM

This forum is a worst place for seeking advice. Just do research yourself and make conclusion.

GuitarFan (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:21:36 AM

This forum is a worst place for seeking advice. Just do research yourself and make conclusion.

I do not know what determines the price of bitcoin. And i really have no time for research Sad
DeadCoin

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:24:51 AM

It's hard to tell, depends on why did you get in the bitcoin in the first place. There's a possibility of a dead cat bounce/fake recovery. If it bounces back to $350 I recommend insta dump.
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353

Impossible

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:25:58 AM

the majority of orders are 0.011 or 0.0212. and then there is an occassional order of 50-250 coins causing a wall, which stops price movements going beyond that wall.

Those orders vary by one satoshi each. It's mostly how they're listed that makes every order look small. Exchanges couldn't be faking trades in such a was thay it would cause the price to drop so much. Part of it is real, and I think this part is 95% or so. Exchanges are supposed to be the middleman for p2p trades. If someone doesn't have the money, he won't be able to trade (MtGox is an exception). Or else the exchange would be insolvent if trades with fake coins or money were made.
zeroday
Donator

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:29:27 AM

Now it's bear phase and nobody knows where is the bottom. Who knows, we may hit 300 and start next rally. Just make you bet.
Those who spent on bitcoin more than they can afford to lose are now dumping in panic and suffer huge losses.

alesx.onfire

Activity: 966

It's Not Enough

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:45:38 AM

anyone buying right now is either completely blind or very bold. sells are only winers here. even if you think the price will moon later your still doing worse then if you were in fiat as it drops.

antonioserrano72

Activity: 353

Impossible

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:59:33 AM

anyone buying right now is either completely blind or very bold. sells are only winers here. even if you think the price will moon later your still doing worse then if you were in fiat as it drops.

It's the lowest price of the year. It sounds logical to me that people are looking to buy now.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:03:23 PM

It's the lowest price of the year. It sounds logical to me that people are looking to buy now.

It is the lowest price of the year because people feel it might drop lower.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: