Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: who do you think is responsible for the crash of btc  price ?  (Voting closed: December 30, 2014, 03:54:53 PM)
miner - 4 (5.1%)
consumer - 1 (1.3%)
speculator - 19 (24.4%)
GOD - 12 (15.4%)
manipulator - 37 (47.4%)
hacker - 5 (6.4%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who is responsible to this bitcoin price mini crash ?  (Read 2613 times)
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:54:53 PM

I have a theory that in monetary system like bitcoin it has 3 major component :

1. Miner   (primary function : Sell)
2. Consumer (primary function : buy and  Sell)
3. Speculator (primary function : buy and  Sell)

as the wake of acceptance of btc among big online commerce, suddenly consumer become seller and they was reluctant to buy back   (as my poll suggest : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796697.msg9012848#msg9012848).  Speculator seeing that trend soon join the bear too. so what happen is all 3 component each become "net sell". hopefully that trend will reverse as we will reach the a price that acceptable to consumer and speculator to become "net buyer" again.  Cry

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:03:53 PM

This is quite obvious now that it is a coordinated attack; somebody is deliberately selling through all support levels supported by jumping monkeys spreading doom and gloom.  I don't like conspiracies, but if we'll ever learn the truth I'm sure it will be fascinating. Meanwhile, buying all I can off that attacker, thanks anon.

i am satoshi
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:04:23 PM

someone who stole alot of bitcoin and is cashing out
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:06:00 PM

This is quite obvious now that it is a coordinated attack; somebody is deliberately selling through all support levels supported by jumping monkeys spreading doom and gloom.  I don't like conspiracies, but if we'll ever learn the truth I'm sure it will be fascinating. Meanwhile, buying all I can off that attacker, thanks anon.

How are you still so confident there will be a reversal? I wish I was as confident as you... I'm not scared or in a doom and gloom mindset per say.. but I'm not confident either

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:11:16 PM

This is quite obvious now that it is a coordinated attack; somebody is deliberately selling through all support levels supported by jumping monkeys spreading doom and gloom.  I don't like conspiracies, but if we'll ever learn the truth I'm sure it will be fascinating. Meanwhile, buying all I can off that attacker, thanks anon.

How are you still so confident there will be a reversal? I wish I was as confident as you... I'm not scared or in a doom and gloom mindset per say.. but I'm not confident either

I am confident that there will be a reversal because nothing has changed. They try to scare you that something did you just don't know, but I prefer to trust the known facts. Known fact - everything is fine, bitcoin works perfectly, paypal started accepting it, and someone is so shitlessly scared of bitcoin that he invested alot of money to try and bring it's price down. So I use what I know - he does not have endless coins to do this, sooner or later he will run out, then there will be a recovery.

My advice - buy what you can, move off exchanges immediately in case it turns out the coins were "imaginary" - yes, exchanges can do that.

i am satoshi
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:11:43 PM

oh dear...

i never thought that. im include that in the poll.

i think you right. fast crash even with good news. this market is manipulated

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:14:19 PM

This is quite obvious now that it is a coordinated attack; somebody is deliberately selling through all support levels supported by jumping monkeys spreading doom and gloom.  I don't like conspiracies, but if we'll ever learn the truth I'm sure it will be fascinating. Meanwhile, buying all I can off that attacker, thanks anon.

I am confident that there will be a reversal because nothing has changed. They try to scare you that something did you just don't know, but I prefer to trust the known facts. Known fact - everything is fine, bitcoin works perfectly, paypal started accepting it, and someone is so shitlessly scared of bitcoin that he invested alot of money to try and bring it's price down. So I use what I know - he does not have endless coins to do this, sooner or later he will run out, then there will be a recovery.

My advice - buy what you can, move off exchanges immediately in case it turns out the coins were "imaginary".

You think Stamp wall could be fake?

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:15:46 PM

My advice - buy what you can, move off exchanges immediately in case it turns out the coins were "imaginary".

You think stamp wall could be fake?

The only way to figure out is to buy it and move somewhere Smiley Pretty obvious that it is one player though. I won't trust stamp with even 1% of money needed, so somebody either has alot of balls or it's stamp...

i am satoshi
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:49:52 PM

we need another willy bot..  Grin

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:54:10 PM

we need another willy bot..  Grin

need fake money to run willy bot...

btw nice beartrap on 275 by mr manipulator. i hope he caught just a few bear.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:00:43 PM

In the past it was exchanges themselves. Mt Gox and Bitcoinica were evidently responsible for major manipulation. No reason to think it isn't also  exchanges playing with the market this time.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:02:44 PM

All of them together. Claiming on just one is a bit stupid.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:15:48 PM

If it goes up or down I wont loose anything.
the goverment around here got greedy and wanted a part of the bitcoin adventure, we have to give up any proffit or losses on our tax return.
So if bitcoin goes down I can just write it of on my tax return.
So if it goes down, the goverment looses, not me.
For now I'm enjoying cheap coins
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:20:02 PM

Guys I am trying to see the "upward" reversal but really...... there are 2k coins at least to get it up to $300.......

Will someone buy 2k coins tomorrow or throughout next week without more and more selling?

Did you guys forget the miners weekly sale of thousands coming tomorrow?

I know there will be a massive insane reversal but I do not know when.... But I do not think it is this week either.....

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Luckylui

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:21:01 PM

Chinese!

http://bitcoinpricelive.com/chinese-bitcoins-crash-market/

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:21:52 PM

Everyone is responsible. Everyone in the Bitcoin game is starting to panic, since they're realizing that Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme doomed to collapse.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:23:55 PM

Not a mini crash.  Just a part of the entire settlement of the MTGOX engineered bubble (s)
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:43:26 PM

My advice - buy what you can, move off exchanges immediately in case it turns out the coins were "imaginary" - yes, exchanges can do that.

But what doesn't make sense to me is why does someone with a near endless supply of bitcoin want to crash the price down and invoke fear to the public? Wouldn't he make more money by allowing bitcoin's price to rise? He is deeply invested in bitcoin yet he's purposely causing damage, which may even be permanent, to people's confidence and discouraging people to put in money? I doubt he is trying to create a cheap re-entry point for himself.

Which makes me think it could be the big miners who have been collecting bitcoin for a long time or someone with stolen coins who don't care about the exit price.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:51:18 PM

But what doesn't make sense to me is why does someone with a near endless supply of bitcoin want to crash the price down and invoke fear to the public? Wouldn't he make more money by allowing bitcoin's price to rise? He is deeply invested in bitcoin yet he's purposely causing damage, which may even be permanent, to people's confidence and discouraging people to put in money? I doubt he is trying to create a cheap re-entry point for himself.

Which makes me think it could be the big miners who have been collecting bitcoin for a long time or someone with stolen coins who don't care about the exit price.

or someone who want to kill bitcoin because if bitcoin is dead today, there will be no bitcoin 2.0. 

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

That is rather silly, there is no point in low prices for either group; besides, stolen coins, on an official KYC exchange? Riiiiight. Also, why do you think thieves or miners don't care at what price to sell? You think they are all idiots?

No, this is rather obvious that the price was pushed down *on purpose*. Naked short selling, or manipulation, or an expensive attempt to discredit bitcoin, I don't know all the possible dirty tricks that could be at play here. Maybe it's Satoshi who decided to fix the project by shaking out all non-believers? Smiley We don't know, but I am quite positive by observing how this unfolds that this is an orchestrated event, not simply some panic or stupidity.

i am satoshi
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: