Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:07:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What/who is behind the 30k ask wall on Bitstamp
A Government intent on killing Bitcoin - 12 (5.9%)
An evil manipulator trying to get cheap coins - 90 (44.3%)
A panicked 2011 HODLer - 44 (21.7%)
A panicked whale that knows more than you - 36 (17.7%)
Gox-like Bitstamp fraud - 21 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 203

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Source of 30k+ ask wall on Bitstamp  (Read 7795 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:35:53 PM

Has to be manipulation, whoever has 30k to sell knows that the number of people with that much fiat on Bitstamp is probably zero.

If they really wanted to sell they would do it out of an exchange. Unless they are an unconnected foolish 2011 HODLer.

There are too many people with tens of thousands of coins, too much ability to manipulate this market, and not enough day to day volume.....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

Exchange operator or insider.

Noone trusts anyone with 30k coins in this environment.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:43:51 PM

some BTC rich russian?

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:43:57 PM

I guess i didn't think that the ask is completely fake... interesting

Do we have another Gox problem with Stamp...... desperate attempt to buy cheap coins?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:44:08 PM

I voted  for :

Code:
A panicked whale that knows more than you

I think some early adopters woke up and now try "to manipulate" the price.
krb91

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:44:30 PM

It's probably loads of bitcoin holders all shitting themselves about the crash, and trying to sell as fast as possible for whatever they can get.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:02:56 PM

It's probably loads of bitcoin holders all shitting themselves about the crash, and trying to sell as fast as possible for whatever they can get.

Yes, they all mentally align in a perfectly orchestrated 30k btc wall. Smoke crack much?

It is someone very close to the exchange owners, that is for sure; noone gives unknowns in slovenia 10mil without being able to hold their balls gently. Motive is also pretty obvious - make a very large investment into BTC. What I am surprised most about is - who the hell is actually selling at $280? Smiley It is possible that these are imaginary bitcoins you are buying there; withdraw all you can, that should scare the crap out of the manipulator.

i am satoshi
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:05:01 PM

If I was not mistaken I saw that the people who run stamp are Ripple supporters, so them manipulating t0 cause a crash in BTC I would not put out of question.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1869
Merit: 1387

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:11:19 PM

A panicked whale that knows less than us  Wink
krb91

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:12:07 PM

There's not much point manipulating one exchange if you can't simultaneously manipulate all the other big exchanges. People would just buy cheap off your one manipulated exchange and dump at high prices on the other exchanges.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

Yes, they all mentally align in a perfectly orchestrated 30k btc wall. Smoke crack much?

It is someone very close to the exchange owners, that is for sure; noone gives unknowns in slovenia 10mil without being able to hold their balls gently. Motive is also pretty obvious - make a very large investment into BTC. What I am surprised most about is - who the hell is actually selling at $280? Smiley It is possible that these are imaginary bitcoins you are buying there; withdraw all you can, that should scare the crap out of the manipulator.

this.  we should audit Stamp.

and this says it all.  thx inca!:

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:15:50 PM

Nejc Kodric, if you're listening, your rep is on the line.
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:18:52 PM

shouldn't be holding anyway and be using it as it's intended. a currency.
or is it hodling as the 13 yr old say?

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:20:37 PM

shouldn't be holding anyway and be using it as it's intended. a currency.
or is it hodling as the 13 yr old say?

real currencies over the ages have a right to be hodl'd.  it's part of the bargain; don't punish savers.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

interesting. Is there a graphic with the percentage of all bitcoins owned by top100/500?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:49:59 PM

WTF this is counter intuitive to me completely. I would think that the number of addresses that holds a large percentage of Bitcoin would go down not up over time as old holders bail out into fiat......

This can't be good can it?

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:55:31 PM

I tried to figure out what happened, and here is my short conspiracy theory:
Nemesis dumped some 5k BTC, hoping to trigger a death spiral, he said he wants to kill the hardware (ASIC?) vendors.
The market was already in an oversold condition, so it didn't drop much further. But another (large?) whale panicked
and flashed that 30k BTC wall. Anyway, Nemesis said he'll be back with more ammo.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:57:32 PM

Maybe this is the "genius" :

https://blockchain.info/address/159SCycgn8weAy2XGUEhD6V1RTFni7E3iq?filter=1
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

we should audit Stamp.

lol
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1869
Merit: 1387

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

An evil manipulator trying to get cheap coins
if that is true why did he pulled back order ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: