Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bottom around 200$ in summer 2015?  (Read 3175 times)
frienemy (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

To be honest, I'm annoyed by this prolonged bear market and I would like it to stop right now. I drew some lines here, however, which would indicate the bottom around 200$, maybe even a bit lower in summer/autumn 2015 (and after that hopefully breaking upwards to da moon)

I'm not a TA expert, so what are your thoughts on this chart? Feel free to insult, ridicule and praise (I will mostly ignore the former two as I know there are strange people on internet forums)

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:39:39 PM

So when you suggest we buy BTC?
frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:46:22 PM

If the graph turns out to come true, best entry point would be next year at 200, but I would not rely on that. I hope this graph doesn't come true because with all the adoption going on, I can't imagine bitcoin would go lower than the multi year support line. As I said, I'm not a TA expert. I just bought another coin @300, just in case Smiley

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:52:33 PM

At these prices you don't need, nor want, to wait for hit to hit bottom. I've always said if it goes this low, to buy as much as you can, (If you have the fiat, lol) Never try to guess the bottom,  youll only hit it if your lucky, its like throwing darts or selling at its peak. You just dont know or can guess which one is.. So, just buy when its cheap, if it goes lower, just keep buying. That way you get your cost averaging down. Thats the important part. So if you bought in at 700 and then bought in at 275 then you average could be 400 or so, depends on how much you buy of each. Bottom line, buy if you can and hodl..
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

At these prices you don't need, nor want, to wait for hit to hit bottom. I've always said if it goes this low, to buy as much as you can, (If you have the fiat, lol) Never try to guess the bottom,  youll only hit it if your lucky, its like throwing darts or selling at its peak. You just dont know or can guess which one is.. So, just buy when its cheap, if it goes lower, just keep buying. That way you get your cost averaging down. Thats the important part. So if you bought in at 700 and then bought in at 275 then you average could be 400 or so, depends on how much you buy of each. Bottom line, buy if you can and hodl..

People have used that logic & have been buying since $1,000... This is why they're all dumping it now that it's at 300! Doesn't matter how much you bring your cost average down when the market is constantly crashing! I love how little pops here and there get you bulls so excited....... Im watching this dead cat bounce over and over and over and over again!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:55:12 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 05:12:44 AM by instacash

If the graph turns out to come true, best entry point would be next year at 200, but I would not rely on that. I hope this graph doesn't come true because with all the adoption going on, I can't imagine bitcoin would go lower than the multi year support line. As I said, I'm not a TA expert. I just bought another coin @300, just in case Smiley

How about $20 next year Wink

I'm pretty sure it's going to stay in the 2XX range.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:07:56 AM

To be honest, I'm annoyed by this prolonged bear market and I would like it to stop right now. I drew some lines here, however, which would indicate the bottom around 200$, maybe even a bit lower in summer/autumn 2015 (and after that hopefully breaking upwards to da moon)

I'm not a TA expert, so what are your thoughts on this chart? Feel free to insult, ridicule and praise (I will mostly ignore the former two as I know there are strange people on internet forums)

I am no TA expert either, but I like this chart because it seems right in my gut. Next bubble would start when the hype for the halving begins....

Biggest risk for me frankly is an alt coin that rises up in that time frame.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:32:12 AM

I am no TA expert either, but I like this chart because it seems right in my gut. Next bubble would start when the hype for the halving begins....

Biggest risk for me frankly is an alt coin that rises up in that time frame.

Yep, had the same thought about the halving. But on the other hand, the market is clearly being manipulated right now. Maybe someone trying to make the recent low fit for this graph? For those who have already some coins and want some more for trading, I would buy now and sell only those speculative coins at 400, just to be on the safe side.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:38:00 AM

If that's the StochRSI at the bottom then we are very oversold and it might go up earlier.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:53:59 AM

If that's the StochRSI at the bottom then we are very oversold and it might go up earlier.

In fact, we could go up right now. There's enough upwards pressure, if that manipulator wall would not be there. But question is how high we can go and whether this is A bottom or THE bottom

fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

In fact, we could go up right now. There's enough upwards pressure, if that manipulator wall would not be there. But question is how high we can go and whether this is A bottom or THE bottom

Did anyone consider the crazy idea that this might be a top?!  Huh
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

We will break out much sooner. We may go into the $200s again, sure. A dip below $200 seems possible, but not very likely at all! But staying here until next summer, nah, don't think so! We will at least recover to about $500 and start a slow climb from thereon!

Gargulan

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:02:41 PM

200 target should be a conservative point to buy and hold.

frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:15:00 PM

Yep, when I turned my screen upside down.

frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

We will break out much sooner. We may go into the $200s again, sure. A dip below $200 seems possible, but not very likely at all! But staying here until next summer, nah, don't think so! We will at least recover to about $500 and start a slow climb from thereon!

Hope so, too. In case we climb to 500, my graph would be invalidated. So everyone please buy some BTC in order to show me my poor TA skills suck Smiley

frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:20:58 PM

I am the top...

That is, until I come home and my girlfriend is wearing a corset and strap on.

Goddamnit that girl is crazy.

Pics or it didn't happen Wink

fewcoins

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 03:47:41 PM

Using past performance to determine where the price is headed is the dumbest thing you can do... This could very well be a top & you would have no idea!!!
frienemy (OP)

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:08:48 PM

Using past performance to determine where the price is headed is the dumbest thing you can do... This could very well be a top & you would have no idea!!!

I know I know. It is a top and right now it's massively breaking downwards to zero and below....

...Oh wait, I still got my screen upside down...

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:33:31 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 05:57:42 PM by Tzupy

Summer 2015? I don't think so. If it would last that long, bitcoin would be as good as dead.
If the 2013 low of about 63$ would be broken (impossible IMO), early adopters would panic and sell millions, effectively killing it.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:33:41 PM

When next year? Which month?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: