Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:05:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question : Cloud mining  (Read 2142 times)
stan.stan (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:22:05 PM

Hi Guys
Sorry if this seems like a silly thread , I am new to bitcoining and I would like to know a little bit more about mining / trading bitcoins. I have been reading some posts from fellow users here concerning cloud mining services. My question is this , How profitable is cloud mining and what is the minimum amount I could use to start mining / trading bitcoins , If possible I would also appreciate if you guys could suggest reliable cloud mining / trading services that I could use . I would really appreciate some response.
Thanks in advance
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:25:40 PM

NO! Just NO! Mining days are over and so called "cloud mining" is just a scam to hook N00bs.
with the current prices, you will be WAY more profitable if you just buy BTC.
demonz

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

If you want to get into crypto, go to circle.com/coinbase or localbitcoin and purchase some coin. Hold it and the price will surely go up.

Cloud mining is risky because you are trusting the hosting company completely. If they go belly up, so does all of your "virtual equipment". If you still want to proceed, I personally have had some good results with gawminers.com. Apparently, LTCGear has a much cheaper price/MH (about $5.30 vs 20.95 for gaw) but it is seen as a much sketchier company.

Again your best bet is to just buy some BTC and hold it
Some1else0

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:33:03 PM

Honestly, cloud mining is not that profitable, at least with GAWMiners. However, if you were to purchase a 1600 share package on LTCGear, which would give you a hash rate of 160 MH/s for Scrypt mining either Litecoin or Feathercoin, you'll make about .05 BTC per day and ROI in about 2 months.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:51:36 PM

You can make a profit on cex.io by buying GH/s and selling it.  Much like trading.  But just buying the GH/s won't be profitable at all as of the difficulty increasing. 

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
mnmShadyBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:55:26 PM

Hi Guys
Sorry if this seems like a silly thread , I am new to bitcoining and I would like to know a little bit more about mining / trading bitcoins. I have been reading some posts from fellow users here concerning cloud mining services. My question is this , How profitable is cloud mining and what is the minimum amount I could use to start mining / trading bitcoins , If possible I would also appreciate if you guys could suggest reliable cloud mining / trading services that I could use . I would really appreciate some response.
Thanks in advance
Cloud mining is generally overpriced and will not be profitable for customers. In order for you to profit from cloud mining the rate that difficulty increases will need to slow dramatically. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 HAS LAUNCHED @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:59:51 PM

Simple, don't do it.
Explanation: Do you think cloud companies would sell you their services for lets say 50$ a month if they can earn 60$ a month mining with those same equipment? Of course they would not.

stan.stan (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:05:37 PM

NO! Just NO! Mining days are over and so called "cloud mining" is just a scam to hook N00bs.
with the current prices, you will be WAY more profitable if you just buy BTC.

Simple, don't do it.
Explanation: Do you think cloud companies would sell you their services for lets say 50$ a month if they can earn 60$ a month mining with those same equipment? Of course they would not.

Cloud mining is generally overpriced and will not be profitable for customers. In order for you to profit from cloud mining the rate that difficulty increases will need to slow dramatically. 

Thanks for all the replies. Going by what most of you have said here cloud mining isn't the way to go . So I would like to know what methods you would suggest for making profit through bitcoin. Would bitcoin trading (bitstamp) work ? I need some advise on what would be profitable.
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

Best way to make money from bitcoins is to buy them and then forget about them for sometime. Good luck!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
stan.stan (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:39:36 PM

Best way to make money from bitcoins is to buy them and then forget about them for sometime. Good luck!

How do I know when to sell and where exactly do I sell ?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:41:28 PM

The issue is basically this:  In order for you to profit from cloud mining, the miner has to give you more BTC than you gave him. In other words, you make money if the miner loses money. Cloud mining services are not going to stay in business very long if they have to lose money to keep their customers happy.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:55:50 PM

The issue is basically this:  In order for you to profit from cloud mining, the miner has to give you more BTC than you gave him. In other words, you make money if the miner loses money. Cloud mining services are not going to stay in business very long if they have to lose money to keep their customers happy.
This is not really true. If you pay 10BTC for the service, the miner makes 20BTC and you get 15BTC back, both you and the company would've made 5BTC each.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
szmarco

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

The issue is basically this:  In order for you to profit from cloud mining, the miner has to give you more BTC than you gave him. In other words, you make money if the miner loses money. Cloud mining services are not going to stay in business very long if they have to lose money to keep their customers happy.
This is not really true. If you pay 10BTC for the service, the miner makes 20BTC and you get 15BTC back, both you and the company would've made 5BTC each.

The price of hashrate is made by miner according to his predict of the future hashrate growth rate. If you want to win profit, he must be wrong with the predict. He is right at most of all situation. because he know more in mining than you.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:38:40 AM

In your scenario, the miner loses because he could have made 10 BTC if he didn't make the deal with you. The miner gave up 5 BTC and gained nothing.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:22:47 AM

If the miner would have made 20 btc then most likely they will not sell it for 10.  I would like to see a senario where with fees and charges you make 2x on any cloud miner.

Hardware mining in hand still beats cloud mining in my opinion as long as you have no vat, and decent priced electricity.
Cboy

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:28:14 AM

As other said , cloud mining is not profitable. If you want bitcoins better buy them.
Bitzkrieg

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

------bitcoiner@heart.email

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:17:48 PM

As other said , cloud mining is not profitable. If you want bitcoins better buy them.

Right... Easy and avoids future headaches ..

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:24:26 PM

You can 'trade' as many bitcoins as you like! This isn't different from, say, trading gold or other tangible or intangible assets as stocks or whatever! Cloud-mining Bitcoins, on the other hand, is most likely not profitable (why would they sell their hashing power then, huh?) They could even not be mining at all (almost a ponzi scheme!)

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:04:14 PM

But there is still possibility to get PROMO CODE, for example for DIGITAL OCEAN.. That's cloud mining site? Am I right? In many places I have seen 10$ promo codes for this site.. But I don't know how to set "DROPLET"  :/ for me thats complicated.. But maybe someone know where i can find step by step instruction?

█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PCComf

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

Digital Ocean is not a cloud mining site.

Buy BTC and hold. Anything else is a gamble. You are not only putting your trust in the price of BTC to go up, but also people who have invested significant capital into mining equipment, yet don't believe they could make as much (or have acceptable risk) without bringing in a bunch of people to "share the wealth."
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: