Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thats it! I'm out! :@  (Read 2526 times)
LeMiner (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:14:55 PM

Of fiat trying to buy all these cheap coins  Wink.

Let's be honest, prices are at a record low, a perfect time to double up on old coins converted to fiat, or to simply invest some fiat into bitcoins. Wise traders invest when others don't. And sell when others buy. If all you're going to do is follow everyone else you'll end up like everyone else.

People should see this as an opportunity to invest further, or to make the first tiny investments.

Buy low, sell high.

Happy Bitcoin'in
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:17:18 PM

buy buy buy.
people will be talking about this in a year, saying " Man.. the PRICE WAS SO LOW... I SHOULD HAVE..... FFFFffuuuuUUU"
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:19:11 PM

Let's be honest, prices are at a record low, a perfect time to double up on old coins converted to fiat, or to simply invest some fiat into bitcoins. Wise traders invest when others don't. And sell when others buy. If all you're going to do is follow everyone else you'll end up like everyone else.

People should see this as an opportunity to invest further, or the invest something.

Buy low, sell high.

Happy Bitcoin'in

The problem is that we dont know what is the low. Some thought 600 is low, some 500 and some 400. They all kept buying buying and buying. Now it is standing around 300. The Q is what is the lowest ?

LeMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:25:38 PM

People should see this as an opportunity to invest further, or the invest something.

Buy low, sell high.

Happy Bitcoin'in

The problem is that we dont know what is the low. Some thought 600 is low, some 500 and some 400. They all kept buying buying and buying. Now it is standing around 300. The Q is what is the lowest ?

My expectation is that we "MIGHT" drop down to pre-willy levels, at the absolute worse.... A more realistic bottom would be 200-220$. The community has grown immensely in the last year and honestly, we're stronger than ever.

With the strong movements that we're experiencing currently it's very easy to day-trade (although with bitcoins it's really more like minute-trading), to make a quick few %'s on hard drops or strong raises.

I say get out there and have fun, this might be the lowest that we could get for a while, and even if it drops further the potential for the future is very very huge, as long as you can be patient if the price DOES drop and aren't looking to make a quick $, go invest Smiley.
Wattda

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:29:31 PM

I wonder if the asic script miners are effecting the price?
LeMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:39:08 PM

I wonder if the asic script miners are effecting the price?

Yes and no, anyone buying "equipment" to mine bitcoins or altcoins is unlikely to want to sell at losses.

So imagine investing 10.000$ into ASIC miners (or any miner for that instance).

You'll want to make more than 10.000$ or you'd be at a loss. So imagine making 6 bitcoins with the miners in a few months time. You'll not want to sell anything for less than 1600$/btc or you would be at a loss.

Effectively any equipment invested into mining (securing the blockchain), is in some way influencing the price in a positive way. Most miners hoard their coins so they can make a profit later, instead of immediately selling them off.

Regardless of that altcoins are still very small compared to Bitcoin, all the altcoins together only have a market-cap of around 300 million us$, only 7% of bitcoins market-cap.

Don't forget that what has been invested into scrypt asics gets invested into bitcoin mining equipment daily on a much larger scale.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 12:22:09 AM

People should see this as an opportunity to invest further, or to make the first tiny investments.

Buy low, sell high.

Happy Bitcoin'in

1st - Bitcoin is not an investment. Learn about what is Bitcoin.
2nd - "(...)prices are at a record low(...)" - really? I understand that is "record low" from when you're in Wink
3rd - "Wise traders invest when others don't." - Well ... Maybe just more traders than people who just love Bitcoin.
        We need more people who will love BTC Smiley
4rd - "If all you're going to do is follow everyone else you'll end up like everyone else." - Depends on what others are doing.

Smiley

Kind regards

ps. ♥BTC no matter how much it will cost Smiley Bitcoin is the way to transfer the money around the world with decentralized network in minutes with low fee. That's what Bitcoin is if anyone ask.

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:45:56 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 12:58:07 AM by bgibso01

ps. ♥BTC no matter how much it will cost Smiley Bitcoin is the way to transfer the money around the world with decentralized network in minutes with low fee. That's what Bitcoin is if anyone ask.

That's it in a nutshell.  Right now it's the only thing that can be offered that no one else is able to.  Figure out that worth and that's what bitcoin is worth right now.

From an economic and equilibrium standpoint, the price of a bitcoin is the $ cost of electricity for mining one bitcoin. Hardware costs doesn't count.  Equilibrium will be only the marginal cost of production.  There's always going to be someone to sell it cheaper. BTW, that's currently somewhere between $65-$80 per BTC. Ouch!
PrimedicePlayersUnion

Activity: 70

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:57:48 AM

Buy low, sell high.

Happy Bitcoin'in

i thought 600 was low

santaClause

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:19:11 AM

That's it in a nutshell.  Right now it's the only thing that can be offered that no one else is able to.  Figure out that worth and that's what bitcoin is worth right now.

From an economic and equilibrium standpoint, the price of a bitcoin is the $ cost of electricity for mining one bitcoin. Hardware costs doesn't count.  Equilibrium will be only the marginal cost of production.  There's always going to be someone to sell it cheaper. BTW, that's currently somewhere between $65-$80 per BTC. Ouch!
I think that hardware costs will count, but there will be a much smaller markup on the production costs.

I believe that difficulty will mirror that of average electricity costs (with a negative coloration).

As far as the price is concerned, I would say that I would say that the current decline is temporary and hopefully will rebound sometime in the near future.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:31:23 AM

Nice post OP! You had me tricked when I clicked on the heading!

A couple months ago I spent a ton of BTC to pay off my credit card. Now I'm doing the opposite, and getting a ton more BTC than I had!
SF-Man

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:29:02 AM

lol.. byebye fiat! Smiley

newyorker91

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:29:43 AM

If you're out then good luck. More coins for us
iamnotcool
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:38:48 AM

Did you even read OP's post? Tongue

colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:55:20 AM

Did you even read OP's post? Tongue
lmao

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:56:12 AM

I am slightly overextended on my long positions I think in terms of my diversification strategy, but I'm wary of putting any more money in stocks, between my ROTH and buying more bitcoin, bitcoin is winning.  Was hoping to see lower prices, but this manipulation is hard to trade.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
chenka563

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:21:48 AM

It's easy to say but difficult to do

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
☆★☆ High ROI Bonds |  Long, Medium and Short Term Options | Bitcoin Bond Network ☆★☆
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:47:53 AM

It's easy to say but difficult to do
Absolutely everyone knows the price is cheap but rarely has courage to make decisive actions to buy a little bit of it.
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

there is zero chance I will sell at these levels. I am being careful though before buying to much at these lvls' I want to make sure we are going to get support here and push back towards 400+

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
LeMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:44:08 AM

there is zero chance I will sell at these levels. I am being careful though before buying to much at these lvls' I want to make sure we are going to get support here and push back towards 400+

Like I said, my absolute lowest logical low would be pre-willy levels. Seeing how much market adoption we've secured over the last year tough it's very doubtful that would happen. A more logical bottom would be around 200-220$, regardless if it does hit that price it wouldn't be for very long. All in all it's a perfect moment to buy some. If we do stable out at this price we could be up to the 400's by the end of next week again.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: