Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 25k btc's are about to be dumped on just bitstamp  (Read 7245 times)
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:11:02 AM

Don't forget that whales can always pretend their walls are real by buying into their own walls and thus not actually dumping any coins at all.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:12:46 AM

What does the rest of the book look like?  If (s)he hit "sell now" how far down would 30K bitcoins take us?  I went to stamp, but it didn't show the whole thing.

They don't display whole Orderbook but fairly comprehensive (Bids:$240, Asks:$359.90)

https://www.bitstamp.net/market/order_book/     Scroll down
Ryota

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:12:53 AM

Maybe this wall is real? He wants to sell his coins but he doesn't want to kill bitcoin with dumps.

Satoshi, Tim Draper, Winklevoss twins, Ethereum?
krb91

Activity: 254

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:13:55 AM

What does the rest of the book look like?  If (s)he hit "sell now" how far down would 30K bitcoins take us?  I went to stamp, but it didn't show the whole thing.

I could only read it down to about $240, but the home page says their 24h volume was 69600 BTC, which is over two times bigger than the amount the whale is selling. If (s)he hit "sell now" it might clear all the buy orders, but I doubt the effects would last long.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:14:35 AM

I could only read it down to about $240, but the home page says their 24h volume was 69600 BTC, which is over two times bigger than the amount the whale is selling. If (s)he hit "sell now" it might clear all the buy orders, but I doubt the effects would last long.

Good to know.  Thanks.
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:15:11 AM

So Bitcoins are at what most people think is close to "bottom", and all of the sudden this whale shows up and wants to sell 25k coins? Something is very fishy, and in a scary "insider knows shit is going down soon" sort of way.
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:20:20 AM

Maybe this wall is real? He wants to sell his coins but he doesn't want to kill bitcoin with dumps.

The wall is very real (when it's up)

Seems like the behaviour of a lone whale deciding to get out. prolly mined them all on a laptop.

Any org like ethereum would probably get out in a more sedate manner, trying to stay under the radar.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:23:39 AM

Could it be that dumping stopped producing a desirable result? Or maybe he is deliberately trying to establish support?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
krb91

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:32:03 AM

Seems like the behaviour of a lone whale deciding to get out. prolly mined them all on a laptop.

Any org like ethereum would probably get out in a more sedate manner, trying to stay under the radar.

Ethereum still has 26.6 K of their original 31.6 K bitcoins left untouched in their IPO address, so the wall's not down to them.

https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2

Ryota

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:33:16 AM

such as the guy who sold a pizza for +10,000 BTC. They are numerous.

But one thing is sure, the price will fall quickly if this wall is not removed in the next hours.
krb91

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:38:47 AM

The pace they are being sold at is accelerating. There were 1436 sold 7 minutes ago and he only has 18127 left to sell.

snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:41:50 AM

maybe he's not manipulating the market, and just wants to get rid of a lot of his coins

If you want to sell 25000 coins, the worst technique must be to make a giant wall with all of them Grin

Agree.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Cortex7

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:45:19 AM

Could it be that dumping stopped producing a desirable result? Or maybe he is deliberately trying to establish support?

I'm just perplexed as to why (if the seller want to maximise fiat received) the wall doesn't get moved up a little, it sure looks like all markets would follow it up at least for a little while, but no, rock steady at $300.00.

Maybe the seller will will miss their coins tomorrow and we will see a massive bid wall appear tomorrow at $290, that would give support, but the seller might end up holding rags... the market will probably surge up a little if it manages to digest this wall...
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:45:42 AM

maybe he's not manipulating the market, and just wants to get rid of a lot of his coins

If you want to sell 25000 coins, the worst technique must be to make a giant wall with all of them Grin

Agree.

What about the guy who bought 30K coins at auction? Bulltards then saying its impossible to buy that many without sending price to the moon
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:46:02 AM

The wall has just been nibbled away to 17936.

I hope it is still there in the morning Austin time, so that I buy a small piece of it when my local ATM opens.
Cortex7

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:46:38 AM

Agree.

The very worst technique would be to hit "sell now".
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:48:03 AM

Agree.

The very worst technique would be to hit "sell now".

Yes, this
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:48:47 AM

This is fucking insane.

Massive dumping to surely follow.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:54:39 AM

I'm thinking engineered rally. Recent dumps and superbuys were to test market sentiment, then when the time is right (may or may not be now, no way to tell) make it look like things are changing. Or something like it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:58:31 AM

This is fucking insane.

Massive dumping to surely follow.

Why?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: