Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you buying now when people will only hate you when you are rich?  (Read 2303 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 11:41:56 AM

People are always complaining that those lucky early adopters shouldn't be so rich, they don't think it's fair that they have so many bitcoins.

So now that you are buying bitcoins at such a low price, are you worried about the ridicule you will get when you buy your penthouse apartment with bitcoins and fund your next business venture completely with the bitcoins you are buying right now?

Do you feel guilty?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:51:27 AM

Haha nice one OP.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:57:29 AM

It's a tough cross to bear, aye.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:34:30 PM

No obligation to tell people you got rich due to bitcoin, or due to anything at all. I just keep my mouth shut and don't tell people if I made money with buying cheap coins! That's a wise thing many people are doing, actually. Envy only destroys friendships and attracts thieves!

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:36:57 PM

If you're not already wealthy, it's best to shut up about your gains when you come up
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:43:09 PM

I'll have a cool story to tell my grandkids, and where they got their BMWs
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:51:36 PM

I'll have a cool story to tell my grandkids, and where they got their BMWs

Don't ever spoil people with wealth. Especially not children or stupid teenagers. It is a smart thing to care for a safe and sound financial background, sure, but to spoil kids is never a good idea!

nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:59:57 PM

I just find it annoying that bear trolls keep telling people to sell as if they're so concerned about other people's financial well being when they are clearly destroying newbies and those who do not understand how bitcoin works for their own selfish gain. These people could've put their life savings into bitcoin and wiping out their life savings just like that  by selling low, man that's the cruelest thing you can do to your fellow humans. I would not ask anyone to hold if they're so inclined to sell, hell it's their money not mine, but I'll try to talk sense and logic to those who would listen. Anyone who thinks buying high and selling low is actually a good idea, perhaps they really shouldn't be involved in anything financial at all and best for them to exit, rather than asking stupid questions like, 'when is bitcoin going to be $xxx' or 'should I buy or sell'. To quote Satoshi himself,

“If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry.”
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:08:45 PM

Yeah, I am jealous to everyone who knew bitcoin earlier.

bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:10:25 PM

No obligation to tell people you got rich due to bitcoin, or due to anything at all. I just keep my mouth shut and don't tell people if I made money with buying cheap coins! That's a wise thing many people are doing, actually. Envy only destroys friendships and attracts thieves!

This... So much, this.

Of course that will not be so easy if you are the playboy type of guy.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:11:32 PM

I just find it annoying that bear trolls keep telling people to sell as if they're so concerned about other people's financial well being when they are clearly destroying newbies and those who do not understand how bitcoin works for their own selfish gain. These people could've put their life savings into bitcoin and wiping out their life savings just like that  by selling low, man that's the cruelest thing you can do to your fellow humans. I would not ask anyone to hold if they're so inclined to sell, hell it's their money not mine, but I'll try to talk sense and logic to those who would listen. Anyone who thinks buying high and selling low is actually a good idea, perhaps they really shouldn't be involved in anything financial at all and best for them to exit, rather than asking stupid questions like, 'when is bitcoin going to be $xxx' or 'should I buy or sell'. To quote Satoshi himself,

“If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry.”

+1, although I do believe that people who listen to idiots do deserve it, I can see that when you are in despair and need any encouragement, even some trolls opinion on a messageboard might be enough to tip you over to making stupid decisions.

i am satoshi
Keyara

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:55:36 PM

People are always complaining that those lucky early adopters shouldn't be so rich, they don't think it's fair that they have so many bitcoins.

So now that you are buying bitcoins at such a low price, are you worried about the ridicule you will get when you buy your penthouse apartment with bitcoins and fund your next business venture completely with the bitcoins you are buying right now?

Do you feel guilty?

Paper wealth are just a digit on a database. Early adopters need to cash it out and buy "real" asset to be considered wealthy.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:13:30 PM

Paper wealth are just a digit on a database. Early adopters need to cash it out and buy "real" asset to be considered wealthy.

So the government can tax their gains.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:22:04 PM

Do you feel guilty?

Explain the difference between a "real" asset and a "fake" one?

serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:25:18 PM

LOL

Haters gonna hate...but it'll be more amusing when rich  Grin

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Torque
Legendary

Merit: 5069

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

+1, although I do believe that people who listen to idiots do deserve it, I can see that when you are in despair and need any encouragement, even some trolls opinion on a messageboard might be enough to tip you over to making stupid decisions.

The only way that bitcoin can really grow in marketcap is in wider distribution and adoption, meaning Average Joes have to continue to exponentially buy in and hold.  And this has to continue, ad infinum, until market saturation.  This is how the exchange price increases over time.

But if the bearwhales scare away all of the Average Joes with their manipulation, and only end up buying and selling to themselves, then that is NOT distribution, it's consolidation of BTC into the hands of the very few.  And when the few are left with no more Average Joes to sell to, what happens to Bitcoin then?  The price will go nowhere, because not enough people own it, value it, and use it.  And then merchants will drop it, because no one uses it to purchase things.
Rat_Poison

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:26:57 PM

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that actually wants to see the people around him succeed.

I want all of my friends to make millions. It's inspiring.

99% of people want to see everyone around them fail miserably.

I hate humanity.

You want to make millions for yourself, and then you'd like to see your friends make millions as well.

And shouldn't you be saying that you'd like your friends to make a few bitcoins, since each one will be worth millions of dollars in a few years?

People get rich from hard work and wise, long term investing. Not buying a risky, digital asset, going underwater 50% or more, and then magically striking it rich a couple years later.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that actually wants to see the people around him succeed.

I want all of my friends to make millions. It's inspiring.

99% of people want to see everyone around them fail miserably.

I hate humanity.

You want to make millions for yourself, and then you'd like to see your friends make millions as well.

And shouldn't you be saying that you'd like your friends to make a few bitcoins, since each one will be worth millions of dollars in a few years?

People get rich from hard work and wise, long term investing. Not buying a risky, digital asset, going underwater 50% or more, and then magically striking it rich a couple years later.

You mean like all those guys who bought bitcoin at 50c?

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:32:16 PM

I usually buy my friend a few drinks and they get over rridiculing me pretty quickly
Rat_Poison

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

No, you've got that all wrong, fallling.

First of all, my friends can make their money before me. Why? BECAUSE SEEING THEM DO IT WILL INSPIRE ME TO DO THE SAME. I feed off of positive energy, unlike people like you.

People don't get rich from making MAJORLY speculative investments? Are you serious?

Talk to me when you make your first 1/4 Million...which is peanuts, but definitely a start.

..or just sit here and trade .5 BTC and posting bullshit in a sad attempt to make $20 "daytrading".

You sir, are a loser.

A handful of people became rich from their early investment in bitcoin, but you will not be one of them, sir.

I have made vast riches from a lifetime of wise, steady investments, I avoid commodities with no utility like bitcoin. bitcoin is nothing but a mirage.

Take the money you've sunk into bitcoin and invest it into a mixed portfolio of stocks and bonds. IF you're still young (judging by your post history, I put you at around 20 years old), take that money and put it in a higher balance of stocks, which you can adjust to safer investments as you get closer to retirement.

If you continue chasing bitcoin riches, you will retire into a cardboard box and eat government ramen noodles!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: