Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius 10BTC Silver Round /w Gold B  (Read 12442 times)
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 04:20:37 AM

Well who ever has it needs to sell it to me..So far there is 4 total Casascius Silvers with MS-68..

3 x Silver + Gold singles
1 x .1 silver

Are all of those singles gold-b ?

Yes that are all Silver + Golds.  I wish I also had an all silver MS68 too.

I think people that focus on the grades are a bit weird. Not like it really matters. Most of these coins other than the very early brass ones were never circulated and handled like gems. They are all in mint condition unless you handled them like a retard. Besides, people that buy these coins are all over the world.  ANACS is just one in the US that does it. What if someone in Germany had a German grader grade it. or someone in Sweden have it graded. It's just a mess. What matters is that you have the coin. Majority of them other than the early brass are in excellent or mint condition. Stop wasting your time with this graded bullshit.

Personally I would pay more for the 10BTC silver round /w gold B than the solid-silver one. Sure there are less of them but I think the coins with the gold B are much more attractive and desirable. I feel the majority would agree.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 04:27:11 AM

Well who ever has it needs to sell it to me..So far there is 4 total Casascius Silvers with MS-68..

1 x .1 silver

Yes that are all Silver + Golds.  I wish I also had an all silver MS68 too.

I think people that focus on the grades are a bit weird. Not like it really matters. Most of these coins other than the very early brass ones were never circulated and handled like gems. They are all in mint condition unless you handled them like a retard. Besides, people that buy these coins are all over the world.  ANACS is just one in the US that does it. What if someone in Germany had a German grader grade it. or someone in Sweden have it graded. It's just a mess. What matters is that you have the coin. Majority of them other than the early brass are in excellent or mint condition. Stop wasting your time with this graded bullshit.

Personally I would pay more for the 10BTC silver round /w gold B than the solid-silver one. Sure there are less of them but I think the coins with the gold B are much more attractive and desirable. I feel the majority would agree.

Grades are all about the strike quality of the coin. If you compare several of the same coin types some are nicer than others. The more a die is used etc.. Can directly effect the quality of the coin. Grades are important for people to know just how good their coin is versus another. Grading them also vacuum seals them in a slab which is the best long term storage you can do for a coin. ANACS is not the only company that grades them, but they are the best.

I agree the gold BTC on a single or 10 carries a higher premium.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:23:40 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:03:49 AM by TookDk

I think people that focus on the grades are a bit weird. Not like it really matters. Most of these coins other than the very early brass ones were never circulated and handled like gems. They are all in mint condition unless you handled them like a retard. Besides, people that buy these coins are all over the world.  ANACS is just one in the US that does it. What if someone in Germany had a German grader grade it. or someone in Sweden have it graded. It's just a mess. What matters is that you have the coin. Majority of them other than the early brass are in excellent or mint condition. Stop wasting your time with this graded bullshit.

Can you give me a link to a German or Swedish coin grader that would be willing to grade a Casascius coin?
As far as I know, there are no Swedish or Danish coin graders at all and German coin graders only grade historical German coins.
Right now is there only one serious player for Crypto coins, ANACS.

The grading bullshit make sense for coins that change hands a lot, since the quality of the coin is defined, both buyer and seller, know the quality and there is less chance of a dispute. Further I like the image service that ANACS offer (optional), where a high res pictures are stored in the data base. Graded coins are great for selling online across the world, in most cases is not even a picture needed in your listing.

I have seen a ungraded Casascius Silver 1 BTC, perfect condition which I was willing to pay 2.5 BTC for, I have also seen the same type coin with a nasty nick and a scratch on the hologram, which I was only willing to pay 1.8 BTC for, that is more than 30% price different.  

Grading bullshit is also good for coins like error coins, since these had no numismatic value to begin with, so they have been carried around in pockets and thrown around in the office while others have been kept nicely in a plastic capsule, obviously these have very different quality. I am sure that there are more than 30% different in the price between the best and the worse.

For a coin like the one you have here. I would not even consider grading it, I can totally follow you here, grading is bullshit for a 10 BTC Casascius.
The higher the numismatic value are the less sense does it make to grade the coin.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:37:14 AM

Unfortunately, the ownly European Grading Institute is in Paris, France.
Other than that, you'd have to ship your coins to the US.

Good luck.
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:13:32 PM

1 x .1 silver

Yes that are all Silver + Golds.  I wish I also had an all silver MS68 too.

Any idea who has the 3 gold and silver 68s ?

I now have the silver 0.1 68, but it's looking for a big brother 😊
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 01:50:46 PM

I think people that focus on the grades are a bit weird.

\o/

bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:21:20 AM

I think people that focus on the grades are a bit weird.

\o/
nuffsaid Smiley
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:13:36 PM

The coin listed SOLD.

That doesn't mean I'm out of the 10BTC silver /w gold B coins. Just the one in the photo sold with the prefix pictured. I will update the OP with another coin and continue this listing.

How many of these bad boys you holding back? Congrats on the sale by the way, been following this for months. I wasn't quite sure you'd get the full 20BTC but your patience got duly rewarded.
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:09:49 PM

The coin listed SOLD.

That doesn't mean I'm out of the 10BTC silver /w gold B coins. Just the one in the photo sold with the prefix pictured. I will update the OP with another coin and continue this listing.

How many of these bad boys you holding back? Congrats on the sale by the way, been following this for months. I wasn't quite sure you'd get the full 20BTC but your patience got duly rewarded.

Was actually reluctant to let it go even for 20. I think it's worth more than that. I think I won't sell the next one for less than 22BTC. One day these gems will be highly desired.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 04:18:12 AM

I hope you're right.

It would mean mine is worth a lot more.
Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.

ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:28:28 AM

I hope you're right.

Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.
We best be on our adventures to aquiring 22BTC for that coin...

Offering special services, 1BTC...

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 05:07:22 AM

You win.  I can't beat that.

ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:16:19 AM

You win.  I can't beat that.
Well want to create a special service monopoly? That raises funds for both of us.

Then buy the coin and split it in half. Right down the middle. It'll be one of a kind and the rarest thus making each half worth 22BTC.

Very sound business strategy.

*Also extremely off-topic Cheesy

bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 07:19:20 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 07:33:49 AM by bitmarket.io

I hope you're right.

Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.

Hold on to your coins Michail. Believe me they will be very valuable one day. Anyone can buy digital bitcoins, but these will only be in the hands of the people involved in the very early days. In the next 5 years, by 2020 these gems will be better than gold.  You know just as well as I do how revolutionary bitcoin is. These physicals are iconic and a slice of its history.

I mean no one would have thought that the first Apple I computers would sell for over $660k 30 years later. I feel BTC will move MUCH faster. Population is only going up, everyone's getting connected, and the Internet has much more growing to do. And folks are generally getting more tech savvy. This internet money is absolutely essential and necessary and more folks will value it as time goes by.

I bought these coins for a reason. I have lots of faith in them and know the value of owning a piece of history. Anyone with lots of fiat can always buy a bunch of BTC and hold them as a commodity and watch it appreciate. But the physicals are more than that... you can't just go out and buy them anymore. You can only acquire them from serious bitcoin enthusiast.

Just look at what Goat did. He bought every coin including multiple 1000BTC gold coins very early on. Bought the 1K BTC coins for $6k each. No one at that time did because they didn't believe in it... and look where things stand now. Lets see where things stand 5 years from now. Smiley

@ezeminer stop spamming my thread
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 01:46:24 AM

Just look at what Goat did. He bought every coin including multiple 1000BTC gold coins very early on. Bought the 1K BTC coins for $6k each. No one at that time did because they didn't believe in it... and look where things stand now. Lets see where things stand 5 years from now. Smiley
\

More like people did not even know about them, let alone bitcoin itself, back then.  I didn't.

bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 09:46:00 PM

Cheesy
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:53:53 AM

Awesome Coin. was going to make an offer but sold. Congrate Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:56:42 AM

Unfortunately, the ownly European Grading Institute is in Paris, France.
Other than that, you'd have to ship your coins to the US.

Good luck.

I am in France (not that my french is any good) . Do you know where exactly and the name?

To peel or not to peel.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 12:05:34 PM

Honestly if it is not done via a known grading company I would not bother... You might as well make your own grades up and write them on slabs with a Sharpie.
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:20:40 PM

Honestly if it is not done via a known grading company I would not bother... You might as well make your own grades up and write them on slabs with a Sharpie.

Now come on Blazed, stop sitting on the fence and say what you really mean  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: