Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for a PoW~ Market Cap Website to help Education - details devs >  (Read 1297 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 04:32:18 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 05:10:06 PM by digitalindustry

PoW~ Crypto Market Cap

- Education is spreading about the fundamentals of Crypto Currency, we all know that, but we still need to keep it simple.

- One thing i think that people can understand is the "Hard Cap" idea that there will never be more than a certain number, basically from a pure economics standpoint anything with a hard cap is very flawed or basically doomed, I think most developers would agree (if they were being honest publicly)

- any real Dev or economist (fiat or Crypto) knows the Hard Cap is a deal breaker, it's childish, embarrassing and immature (in many respects), especially in a system of ever growing competition.

- It drives the "pyramid" meme also it does in reality give an unprecedented advantage to early adopters. ( an unacceptable one, which won't function)

- So here is the proposal, A market Cap website with very simple basic rules, anything without the "Hard Cap", second rule; The new currency has to be Proof of Work issued. that is the requirement (as stated in the original "Satoishi" white paper:  

A. The Crypto has to have a continuing PoW issuance> - I like the idea to symbolize it as "PoW~"

B. The PoW can be any algo (totally agnostic on that) -

C. This includes yes PoW/PoS hybrids -

D. Merge mines will not be discriminated against but notes with an * and a filter option (possibly)

The list might surprise you Doge is coming in number 1 so far.

Please give help and add your crypto to the list by commenting below -
remember it only has to have a continuing PoW issuance of any type -  POW/POS hybrids are welcome ! : D
This is what I've got so far errors will be made so correct me if you either see something that is wrong or needs to be added.
May start a bounty for this to be developed into a site - we could help drive people to the Market cap site - we could have a "BTC filter" for reference.
This will help education so we know the "insiders" won't want it to happen, but it will probably happen anyhow, so lets make the list..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1   Doge   1
(merge mined)

2   Peer   2

3   Name   3
(merge mined)

4   Bitshares   4
(after 1 year?)

5   Quark   5

6   Prime   6

7   Zeta  7

8   Nova  8

9   Devcoin   9
(merge mined)

10   Hobonickles   10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~so on
----------------------

add comments.

looks like Doge gets it so far !

HBN at 10 is impressive - * forgot Devcoin I think it has a continuing PoW

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 05:02:58 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 12:12:25 PM by digitalindustry

https://twitter.com/Kolin_Quark/status/519169308568461312

Twitter for this - laughing at the fear and trepidation this inspires.

Twitter user - https://twitter.com/bitcoinpotato "Soundwallet" has asked what about  a site like

http://coingecko.com  so lets explore the differences and see if i can explain why this is completely different to what I'm proposing.

Explaining the difference between Math algorithms and human Advice - :

coinGecko could be counted as a site that gives advice, there is nothing wrong with that, you can take it as face value if you like for example I have my own investment Journal, and I give advice my opinion is as good as theirs and theirs in theory is as good as mine, if Coingecko.com advice is good then people will follow it and gain investment wealth as they will have followed the implication that thier top list are the "best investments " (i assume)

That's not what i'm proposing here - lets explain simply what this Market cap is asking:

There only needs to be Two (2) point that are met to get into this Market Cap:

Question One (1) is there a PoW distribution = Yes(1 point) or No ( 0 points)

Question Two (2) does the PoW distribution continue or is it hard capped = Continues ( 1 point)  or Hard capped ( 0 points)

So for example Bitcoin is hard capped with SHA256 PoW

so lets run it though...

Bitcoin  

PoW = Yes = 1 Point
PoW continues = no = 0 Points

Bitcoin total = 1 point and does not get included.

The difference here is we are not giving investment advice, it's just a simple 2 points requirement, this is to try to help education and for the future.  

hope that helps?

-------------------------------------------------

user Twitter user - https://twitter.com/bitcoinpotato "Soundwallet" contests that i'm against hard cap, its not the case , a hard cap can be very useful, but just not as "money"

for example Overstock is planning a "Crypto Stock market" the defining point is, this will be used with a Protocol chain "on top of the Bitcoin PoW" so you see the PoW has to be there.

basically i'm Saying that Patrick should have seeked some advice from a decentralized economists. (like myself)

now think about this, if that PoW is hard capped, and this causes a confidence loss, what happens to the "Crypto Stock market" ??

you see you can't fake PoW - (this is getting complex isn't it? )  

so you see it's not just myself that should be thinking about this, good advice can save millions? of paper dollars.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:25:06 PM

The reason I suggested coingecko is not because it has investment advice, it already has filters for algo, base currency ect. It shoudnt be that hard to add a filter for what you are talking about.

You should also just go ahead and explain in more detail your opinon on exactly how the hard capped coins are doomed if this is about education.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:36:54 PM

The reason I suggested coingecko is not because it has investment advice, it already has filters for algo, base currency ect. It shoudnt be that hard to add a filter for what you are talking about.

You should also just go ahead and explain in more detail your opinon on exactly how the hard capped coins are doomed if this is about education.

I have many times - but it seems to get complex (too complex) too quickly, if we start with a Market Cap , then explain as we go this is much better. (i feel)

Lol at Trust rating =

you say popular things

I say unpopular things.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:10:20 PM

My trust rating is from doing business here, not from discussing my opinion. What popular things am I saying?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:40:31 PM

My trust rating is from doing business here, not from discussing my opinion. What popular things am I saying?

yeah i was joking - and as i do no business here basically and everyone knows my "trust rating" how do we explain mine?

The NXT guys did that after this post - http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency-ipos-are-a-completely-corrupt-deception-the-simple-technical-guide/

Bitcointalk.org, expose a scam and get a neg trust rating.

oh PS - coingecko.com.... listing NXT there number 11 ..oops

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

yeah i was joking - and as i do no business here basically and everyone knows my "trust rating" how do we explain mine?

The NXT guys did that after this post - http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency-ipos-are-a-completely-corrupt-deception-the-simple-technical-guide/

Maybe we explain it like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781954.0
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:23:12 PM

Maybe we explain it like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781954.0

funny thing is - Patrick Byrne knows what its like to be attacked and Quark has been attacked from day one since it threatened the flawed status quo - "Quarkfx" is nothing more than a "Bitcoin" supporter and attacker of Quark.

their "grand plan" was to fork Quark and destroy investors investments - When BTC crashes, they will Attack Quark and try to kind of "DDOS" the network.

because they are desperate at this point as they are nearly as educated as myself on Algorithms and know that Bitcoin is flawed.

here is the "moderator" of "quarkcoin" stating he can "fork Quark" and destroy investors wealth.

the "attack" will come at a point in price rise after the BTC fall.

this is set in stone to fail as our volume is primarily on the BTC38 (china) and Cryptsy exchange but they have to try its their "job"

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: