Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:26:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cryptsy the only legitimate altcoin exchange?  (Read 1793 times)
h4xx0r (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:50:21 PM

What say ye? they seem to be the best option in my opinion.

- Proven Track record
- No Hacking
- No shady business
- US Company
- Registered with Fincen
- Fully staffed
- Certified for Fiat trading
- 99.9 percent uptime

Who can contest this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:10:06 PM

Its the one i would be the less nervous to trade on.

Getting verified looks like a huge pain in the ass. Didn't do that.
h4xx0r (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

Yeah i didn't do the verification either. It seemed odd that they are asking for social security numbers. I just straight up do not feel comfortable giving my social security number to anyone.

h4xx0r (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:14:15 PM

Yeah i didn't do the verification either. It seemed odd that they are asking for social security numbers. I just straight up do not feel comfortable giving my social security number to anyone.

No way i'm get verified either, I like their support all my problems were always solved

Poloniex is also a legitimate exchange in my view.

I don't really trust Poloniex that much. The interface is ugly, the code quality looks poor and the overall vibe i get from that exchange is not good.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:55:30 PM

- Proven Track record
- No Hacking
- No shady business
- US Company
- Registered with Fincen
- Fully staffed
- 99.9 percent uptime

Who can contest this?

BTC38 - China

Cryptsy

BTER has proven themselves there have been "support issues" but i can't recall any theft etc or anything like that

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

BTER has proven themselves there have been "support issues" but i can't recall any theft etc or anything like that

There was lot of millions NXT stolen on BTER, a month or 2 ago.
h4xx0r (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:14:14 PM

Hmm, i never heard about that. Then again, i haven't been around the community for almost 6 months. It seems alot has went down since i left. Typical altcoin drama, but boy was i shocked to hear about the Vericoin incident at Mintpal. that one totally caught me off guard, i thought Mintpal looked and felt like a solid exchange, but maybe it was just a polished turd like i had heard from inside sources.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:45:59 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 11:05:15 PM by EvilDave

Hmm, i never heard about that. Then again, i haven't been around the community for almost 6 months. It seems alot has went down since i left. Typical altcoin drama, but boy was i shocked to hear about the Vericoin incident at Mintpal. that one totally caught me off guard, i thought Mintpal looked and felt like a solid exchange, but maybe it was just a polished turd like i had heard from inside sources.

Yep, some naughty lad made it away with 51 million NXT and a few BTC, but BTER and Nxt negotiated most of the NXT back in exchange for a hefty ransom.
http://cointelegraph.com/ru/news/112356/exclusive-key-negotiator-in-bter-nxt-hack-speaks-out

But back on-topic: despite this spectacular fuck-up,(which they dealt with pretty well) I like BTER and trust them almost as much as I trust Cryptsy and Poloniex.
As far as the user experience goes, all 3 of these are pretty damn good, and both BTER and Polo are amazingly fast with deposits and withdrawals.
BTW: Polo is functionally ugly, the interface looks like pooh, but is actually better to use than Cryptsy or BTER, if you need to do some serious trading.

Edit:
Thought I'd give some love to HitBTC:
www.hitbtc.com
and to CCEDK:
www.ccedk.com

Both of these are pretty new, and concentrate more on fiat/bank transfer capabilities than alt-coins, but if you want a good way in or out of crypto with your fiat, both are good.
CCEDK was used, along with BTER, for the Nu-bits launch.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:05:24 PM

nobody mentions bittrex?

Bittrex/Polo/Cryptsy

all you need
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:14:57 PM

I think Mintapal did something much more catastrophic than that just recently.

Is cryptsy the only legitimate altcoin exchange?

Yes

~BCX~

Apparently when you register there you also confirm that your personal information will be shared with few people for their personal use.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:16:53 PM

Apparently when you register there you also confirm that your personal information will be shared with few people for their personal use.

Apparently that's true.
h4xx0r (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:22:37 PM

Apparently that's true.

You know, Cryptsy is probably the type of people who would come after you for spreading libel and fud about their business. there is no evidence that they have shared your identity or personal information with anyone.

BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:24:18 PM

Apparently that's true.

You know, Cryptsy is probably the type of people who would come after you for spreading libel and fud about their business. there is no evidence that they have shared your identity or personal information with anyone.

You can read our privacy policy here. https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/privacy

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

- Proven Track record
- No Hacking
- No shady business
- US Company
- Registered with Fincen
- Fully staffed
- 99.9 percent uptime

Who can contest this?

Cryptsy is fine, but it's the the only legitimate exchange. Mintpal is trustworthy, and the new management seems to have the competence required to make it even safer.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:58:20 PM

- Proven Track record
- No Hacking
- No shady business
- US Company
- Registered with Fincen
- Fully staffed
- 99.9 percent uptime

Who can contest this?

Cryptsy is fine, but it's the the only legitimate exchange. Mintpal is trustworthy, and the new management seems to have the competence required to make it even safer.

I think that statement is way to early could come true, but for now I hold judgement. The old crew seemed to know what was going on the new team not so much. There is nothing about Mintpal this is the old Mintpal except the customer list they bought.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:58:44 PM

I don't trust any of them.  I move my money out as quick as possible.  

cozk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

Apparently that's true.

''We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.''

What about share ? give ? etc.

Playing with words at its finest. I am also very skeptic about what Crypsty is doing/will do with personal information (driver license, pictures etc. heavy stuff).

In short. F their verification process.I'll let idiots fall for it.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:04:35 PM

Apparently that's true.

''We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.''

Playing with words at its finest. I am also very skeptic about what Crypsty is doing/will do with personal information (driver license, pictures etc. heavy stuff)

That only applies to verified folks on the DL, pictures etc and is required by law.

What about share ? give ? etc. No. I suppose we could pull out the thesaurus and add every variation in every language.
cozk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

Apparently that's true.

Playing with words at its finest. I am also very skeptic about what Crypsty is doing/will do with personal information (driver license, pictures etc. heavy stuff)

That only applies to verified folks on the DL, pictures etc and is required by law.

What about share ? give ? etc. No. I suppose we could pull out the thesaurus and add every variation in every language.

No i guess you could just have put a clause like, ''personal information will be kept in the exclusive possession of Project Investors Inc DBA Cryptsy.com and will not be revealed to any third party''

A general clause that exclude every possibility. Mine is pretty rudimentary but you get the idea.

Your actual one has a pretty limited range.
cozk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:15:47 PM

Don't get me wrong, i like cryptsy and think its the most honest and best exchange to trade at.

I also understand that the verification process is imposed to you by law.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: