Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NO Trading Fees At Mintpal??? yeah!!!  (Read 2097 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:33:33 AM

Mintpal is back up and running, site looks ok, but the winning news is ZERO TRADING FEES ... not just for a day, or a bunch of trades, but for months, yippie!!!

I was happy not to get goxed, but this is fantastic ...  welcome back Mintpal!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oppahdoggystyle

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:40:32 AM

I'm glad you are happy. Now, all we have to solve is why mintpal isn't processing withdrawals.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:54:53 AM

I'm glad you are happy. Now, all we have to solve is why mintpal isn't processing withdrawals.

WHOOOPS ... sorry to hear that, but if I were to venture a guess, it would probably be that they are inundated with withdrawal requests.

Especially BTC

I made a huge withdrawal just to be safe (it will go back as needed), had no issues whatsoever.  And I expected many problems, but nodda one.

Good luck.

If there's a run on the bank, we could expect a memo telling us operations have slowed or stopped.
twister

Activity: 672

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:24:25 AM

An exchange not charging trading fee?? Did they just started doing charity? Looks fishy to me.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:33:48 AM

An exchange not charging trading fee?? Did they just started doing charity? Looks fishy to me.

Mintpal was a super exchange that started off fantastic and was doing really well until it got hacked for lots of vericoin, the hit caused them to sell the business.  The new owners decided they wanted to beef up the site so they took it down for a while -- a long while, at least longer than they anticipated and reported.

Well here we are a few days later and the site is back up.   Apparently the owners of the site knew the delay would cause a run on the bank, so apparently to nip that in the bud they got rid of the trading fees to encourage people keep their money in place.

Well it worked on me, I was planning to withdrawing almost everything, but after I saw no fee I decided to keep a third of what was there there.

I'm told the discount will last for a while -- I look forward to it.

twister

Activity: 672

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:01:33 AM

Mintpal was a super exchange that started off fantastic and was doing really well until it got hacked for lots of vericoin, the hit caused them to sell the business.  The new owners decided they wanted to beef up the site so they took it down for a while -- a long while, at least longer than they anticipated and reported.

Well here we are a few days later and the site is back up.   Apparently the owners of the site knew the delay would cause a run on the bank, so apparently to nip that in the bud they got rid of the trading fees to encourage people keep their money in place.

Well it worked on me, I was planning to withdrawing almost everything, but after I saw no fee I decided to keep a third of what was there there.

Read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812889.0;topicseen

People are unable to withdraw their coins and this " no trading fees" feature is probably to lure and acquire more coins.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
oppahdoggystyle

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:17:44 AM

People are unable to withdraw their coins and this " no trading fees" feature is probably to lure and acquire more coins.

Honestly, I do not believe the people who are claiming to have their withdrawals processed.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:09:07 AM

Honestly, I do not believe the people who are claiming to have their withdrawals processed.

What, you don't believe who?  

I can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, with empirical irrefutable evidence that I withdrew a large sum from mintpal on Sept 6th 2014.
Care to make a wager, your belief vs my proof?

As for the "lure" comment they don't need to lure anyone, their intentions are not nefarious, but they do recognize the fact that they wore at the patience of their customers.  

The CC industry is getting smaller and smaller, so if they want to keep things flowing they better keep as much market share as possible.   The no-fee thing is a smart move to do just that.

Today is their first day up, the glitches are expected for the rest of the week. as well as all of the withdrawal issues, and all of the complaints.   Remember, before they took the site down the demand for service was huge, that run on the bank enabled them to know what was going to happen on the other side of 'rebot'.

oppahdoggystyle

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:25:25 AM

I can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, with empirical irrefutable evidence that I withdrew a large sum from mintpal on Sept 6th 2014.

As for the "lure" comment they don't need to lure anyone, their intentions are not nefarious, but they do recognize the fact that they wore at the patience of their customers.  

The CC industry is getting smaller and smaller, so if they want to keep things flowing they better keep as much market share as possible.   The no-fee thing is a smart move to do just that.

Today is their first day up, the glitches are expected for the rest of the week. as well as all of the withdrawal issues, and all of the complaints.   Remember, before they took the site down the demand for service was huge, that run on the bank enabled them to know what was going to happen on the other side of 'rebot'.

What the fuck does a Sept 6th withdrawal have to do with anything? My post simply stated that I do not believe anyone who claims they were able to withdraw in Mintpal V2, which opened approximately a day ago (OCTOBER). Obviously prior to Mintpal V2, which includes the Sept 6th date, there were generally no issues with withdrawals for any user.

My post is not based on simply a belief. It's a fact that my BTC, LTC, DRK and DOGE withdrawals continue to be pending in Mintpal V2, despite requesting the withdrawal when V2 was publicly available. It's a fact that my friends and colleagues are waiting for their withdrawals in Mintpal V2 as well.

Congratulations to you for being able to withdraw on Sept 6th... but who the fuck cares? That's one month ago. I was able to withdraw on or during Sept 6th as well. We are talking about now (the present, October). Stop living in the past and trying to challenge me to a unreasonable bet. We all get it, you are a Mintpal warrior and fanboy. Whatever you say won't change the fact that me and many other users are facing a current dilemma where our coins are stuck/missing in Mintpal V2.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:40:01 AM

What the fuck does a Sept 6th withdrawal have to do with anything? My post simply stated that I do not believe anyone who claims they were able to withdraw in Mintpal V2, which opened approximately a day ago (OCTOBER). Obviously prior to Mintpal V2, which includes the Sept 6th date, there were generally no issues with withdrawals for any user.

My post is not based on simply a belief.  It's a fact that my BTC, LTC, DRK and DOGE withdrawals continue to be pending in Mintpal V2, despite requesting the withdrawal when V2 was publicly available. It's a fact that my friends and colleagues are waiting for their withdrawals in Mintpal V2 as well.

Congratulations to you for being able to withdraw on Sept 6th... but who the fuck cares? That's one month ago. I was able to withdraw on or during Sept 6th as well. We are talking about now (the present, October). Stop living in the past and trying to challenge me to a unreasonable bet. We all get it, you are a Mintpal warrior and fanboy. Whatever you say won't change the fact that me and many other users are facing a current dilemma where our coins are stuck/missing in Mintpal V2.

["September" was an error, the context is clear you acknowledge that: "we are talking about now (the present, October)", I was referring to October 6th 2014.]

So I repeat with emphasis:

I can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, with empirical irrefutable evidence that I withdrew a large sum from mintpal on October 6th 2014.

Furthermore, You said:  My post is not based on simply a belief.  It's a fact that my BTC, LTC, DRK and DOGE withdrawals continue to be pending in Mintpal V2, despite requesting the withdrawal when V2 was publicly available. It's a fact that my friends and colleagues are waiting for their withdrawals in Mintpal V2 as well.

Those are irrelevant facts they don't address the focal subject of contention.  The focal subject wasn't 'who can't make withdrawals' the focal subject of contention was your statement: Honestly, I do not believe the people who are claiming to have their withdrawals processed. . That foolish statement directly provoked the bet; put your money where your belief is, and I will put my money where the TRUE relevant fact is.

MCXnever

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:31:30 AM

Anything you want to know about not doing business with these guys can be found in this video with their CEO http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e63_1404777061

Nothing about this new launch is going to go well get your money out while you can.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:49:21 PM

Anything you want to know about not doing business with these guys can be found in this video with their CEO http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e63_1404777061

Nothing about this new launch is going to go well get your money out while you can.

Sadly, it is quickly going from bad to worse. 
sky_g

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:31:47 PM

Well what about this ...LOST 150 DRK coins which was deposited. No response from support
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:44:13 AM

Well what about this ...LOST 150 DRK coins which was deposited. No response from support

The entire V2 transition was a massive ROBBERY.
So many coins are missing... and the records are gone.

And the site looks like it was designed for 10 years olds...
It's as if these guys have never seen a trading platform before...
At least 50% of the screen space is completely wasted with retarded headers.

I don't believe any of their volume numbers... it's all fake.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:58:14 AM

The entire V2 transition was a massive ROBBERY.
So many coins are missing... and the records are gone.

And the site looks like it was designed for 10 years olds...
It's as if these guys have never seen a trading platform before...
At least 50% of the screen space is completely wasted with retarded headers.

I don't believe any of their volume numbers... it's all fake.

they are offering 1.25 BTC to the first 100 people who do 100BTC in trade volume, so of course there are many people trying to get to that goal, especially with no fees to worry about.
so the numbers you are calling "fake" are likely real.  They represent manipulated truth, the stats produced will be used by everyone involved from the individual investor to try to say he's a major player, to the coin to say it is in high demand, to the site owners who want to show their investors that they are still in the game.

As for the "robbery" comment, I doubt that because they didn't need to start up again to rob everyone, they already had the money, all they needed to do was walk away it their intent was to rob.  They just screwed up.

Audits will handle most of the lost fund. 

Dallski

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

I don't think Mintpal will recover from this and will probably die by the end of the year, fees or no fees. How come I have a Mintcoin balance, but there is no Mintcoin market? And where is Monero (XMR)?! And how come it took so long to migrate everything when none of my trade or deposit history is there?! The balances tab is awful, you have to hit your up and down key to go through them one by one. It's just one big fail!
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:30:37 PM

Start taking a look at richlist involving wiped accounts and lost coins.  You'll notice mintpal at the top of most of the rich lists consolidating everything into one account for each coin. while everyone I've talked to including myself with small.balances have been wiped clean.  Larger balances seem to have transitioned fine, and even withdraw fine.  They seem to be stacking the pennies only  And now have control of in some cases 25 % of each major coin merged into single addresses.

I'm not certain but is this supposed to be how this works?   Their 24 hour volume today posted vs adding up the coins volumes do not match up at all. 

It felt eerie in there today. And seems quite obvious they used everyone's funds for something during the transition as all history and records wiped out Inc all small.balances so cannot even trace

Anyone else have their pennies wiped clean?  Balances just a little bit off?

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
sky_g

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:49:43 PM

Start taking a look at richlist involving wiped accounts and lost coins.  You'll notice mintpal at the top of most of the rich lists consolidating everything into one account for each coin. while everyone I've talked to including myself with small.balances have been wiped clean.  Larger balances seem to have transitioned fine, and even withdraw fine.  They seem to be stacking the pennies only  And now have control of in some cases 25 % of each major coin merged into single addresses.

I'm not certain but is this supposed to be how this works?   Their 24 hour volume today posted vs adding up the coins volumes do not match up at all. 

It felt eerie in there today. And seems quite obvious they used everyone's funds for something during the transition as all history and records wiped out Inc all small.balances so cannot even trace

Anyone else have their pennies wiped clean?  Balances just a little bit off?

Mine is completely wiped off . Lost all coins and support do not respond to any query but mintpal have time to write some really good thing about V2.

#mintpal tag on twitter - The of new screen has bought for $25 template.
SpainCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 12:58:00 PM

I have the mintpal.exchange new domain for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817295

Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:24:12 PM

I have the mintpal.exchange new domain for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817295

I was looking at Market Cap site yesterday and was surprised to see spaincoin so far down the list. 

Are you still involved with the coin? 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: