Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you think the universe will end?
Big Crunch - 4 (12.1%)
Big Freeze - 12 (36.4%)
Big Rip - 5 (15.2%)
Other - 12 (36.4%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you think the universe will end?  (Read 6698 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3062

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:27:57 AM

I like playing with the idea that maybe this universe will make love with say, another one and create offspring universi :p

That would be the big "rip" then, or like Stephen Hawking's idea that each universe is like a bubble on a pond.  It's possible two bubbles can intersect and become one larger bubble.  We just need to think of a word larger than "universe" to describe what the pond is.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:31:40 AM

I like playing with the idea that maybe this universe will make love with say, another one and create offspring universi :p

That would be the big "rip" then, or like Stephen Hawking's idea that each universe is like a bubble on a pond.  It's possible two bubbles can intersect and become one larger bubble.  We just need to think of a word larger than "universe" to describe what the pond is.

"Megaverse"?

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:38:52 AM

super- is a Latin prefix meaning over, superverse could work

mega- means a million

yep, I think that's the one. thank you Smiley
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:41:51 AM

"Megaverse"?

No, I think it already has a name: multiverse.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:44:16 AM

I think multiverse refers to a number of universes that occupy the same physical space, that are separated by frequency or something like that. 

It's a moot discussion I guess, because I'm sure the physicists have thought of a name for it already.  Stephen Hawking is pretty well respected.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:45:40 AM

"Megaverse"?

I think this term refers to the perception of one universe within the context of multiple universes. I don't think you would call all the different multiverses out there -the- multiverse.

edit: I stand corrected: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
"The multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible universes... ."
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:52:17 AM

I was thinking that multiverse referred to all the separate universes, while Vod was looking for a term that encompassed them all as one. Then again maybe it's all the same thing. Perhaps you'd prefer to call it the omniverse or ultraverse?

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:53:29 AM

I was thinking that multiverse referred to all the separate universes, while Vod was looking for a term that encompassed them all as one. Then again maybe it's all the same thing. Perhaps you'd prefer to call it the omniverse or ultraverse?

This was really messing with my head the past couple minutes, the 'maybe it's all the same thing' thing.

and ya, I was thinking of "omniverse" too.
Victoo

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:57:48 AM

I have read somewhere that universe will end by fire from sky. It makes sense when we look at global warming.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:58:48 AM

I have read somewhere that universe will end by fire from sky. It makes sense when we look at global warming.

That sounds like the way the world could end.  There are hundreds of trillions of worlds in the one universe that we can observe.   Undecided

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:59:05 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 05:17:03 AM by Gronthaing

I think multiverse refers to a number of universes that occupy the same physical space, that are separated by frequency or something like that.  

It's a moot discussion I guess, because I'm sure the physicists have thought of a name for it already.  Stephen Hawking is pretty well respected.  Smiley

I don't know if you can say there is something outside the universes, to say they occupy the same physical space. Just as this universe didn't expand into anything, even though it is expanding. So, there probably is no physical space outside that which exists inside each universe for us to use that as reference. But I could be wrong.

I'm not sure there is a difference there. At least, I can't see it.

edit: I forgot. My favorite ending is someone turning off the switch on this virtual reality. And the laws of physics of reality might be different than in this simulation, so we can't very well speculate how that universe will end.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:34:47 AM

There are at least three possible ways the universe will "end" (subjective since ending relies on the human concept of time).

1. Big Crunch.  This theory says gravity will eventually slow the expansion of the universe and cause it to collapse on itself, eventually having all matter pressed into one singularity and probably causing another big bang.  Repeat forever.

2. Big Freeze.  The theory says gravity will not stop the expansion of the universe.  Since it keeps expanding forever, eventually all fuel will be used up leading to the heat death of the universe.

3. Big Rip.  This theory uses the "newly" discovered dark matter, which has so much energy the expansion of the universe keeps accelerating.  Eventually even the atoms in your body will rip apart as they accelerate away from each other.  Think of an expanding balloon with an infinite number of dots on it - each dot expands away from all others.

Which theory do you believe in? 
If the calculation of the particle is proved, then about a dozen years from now the universe will disappear at the speed of light. In the future, the universe will be replaced by alternative dimensions.

In the past year, a number of scientists had announced if they have managed to find a subatomic particle that has long been sought. This shows how particles get their mass material. Researchers continue to conduct an analysis of the Higgs Boson particle with a view to ensuring the character of these particles to arrive at the derived particles. So researchers can make sure if they have actually found particles that were once only limited to pure theory.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:04:35 AM

Actually we exist on a multiverse. Space is infinite and the size of things is infinite. It is possible that in one atom there is many small universe like system on it. And this universe is part of an atom like system. There will be always bigger things and there will be always smaller things it is never ending.

We cannot destroy energy so there will be energy forever,  When a universe expands so much that will absorbed by other verse or some matter will be formed and created a universe again. It is a never ending cycle.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
SBradford

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

Universe never ends. Only planets/worlds inside it get created and destroyed.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:03:17 PM

thank you for the sentiments and considerations, friends Smiley
samaricanin

Activity: 697

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:05:13 PM

Never ends

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:07:47 PM

with a whimper.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:09:44 PM

^I would prefer it with fanfare Smiley

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow