Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now is the time to go all-in with maximum leverage  (Read 4004 times)
money420weed

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:13:37 AM

Hopefully they can use some of that money to fix all the bugs and glitches that started after the database outage earlier in the year. Didn't realise Ben Reeves was still involved. The whole thing ran much more smoothly when it was just his one man band.

EDIT: Maybe they can start by fixing their incredible accurate graphs

Well that graph may or may not be inaccurate as it is one that shows how much a specific address received per day and it would be possible that it received large amounts on several days.

I would speculate that blockchain will use much of it's new funding to build new features and products.

I do not think it is wise to use leverage with bitcoin as it makes it easy for you to lose everything when you see even a modest price decline you could get a margin call

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:37:18 PM

There is now an incredible amount of smart money in Bitcoin:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/dealbook/2014/10/06/blockchain-is-latest-bitcoin-start-up-to-lure-big-investment/

Bitcoin is not just the playground of speculators, the reality is that the best programmers and most powerful business people in the world see the potential in Bitcoin.

Whose playground is it now if not of the speculators?
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:43:25 PM

please dont go in all leverage, not the next 24 hrs.

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:39:17 PM

Its pretty obvious that Pirimida has lost a fortune at current prices. Ruined, and hes trying to hide it from his family.

I'm not sure you can count to 10.

example (2013):
You can buy 1.1.2013 at $12-13 (let's say 10 btc -> you invest $130)
Then you can sell in december @ $1100 (let's say 1 btc -> you withdraw $1100)

USD profit: $1100 - $130 => $970  ( 7 x your investment )
BTC profit: 9 btc ( @ $300 it is $2700 => 20 x your investment )

Whats the point of giving indications of past performance? Those highs only happened because of mt gox & their willy bot... These levels will never be reached again!

It was not just gox, the prices were real, at least the biggest part of them.

Actually no, the exchanges follow each other more or less, only off by a couple %'s max... Gox was way ahead of others no matter what. This was from all the fake money being poured in. Read up!!
riiiising

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:13:12 PM

Might just do that. Sounds like an interesting tip, seems like I can take your word for it!
riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:57:54 PM

Going max leverage is risky, and probably shouldn't be done with any single investment. Lots of people lost their shirts this week with GTAT, go online to read some of the sob stories.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

Might just do that. Sounds like an interesting tip, seems like I can take your word for it!

NEVER use max leverage! Control  your greed.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:05:38 PM

OP, you should at least remind people to put a wise stop loss. Right now it's 320$ and if support at 275$
won't hold after the consolidation ends, it's going to be a landslide, and max leveraged longs will lose all.
If support at 275$ will hold and a double bottom will form, then it may be worth risking max leverage long.

this battle at $300 reminds me very much of the battle at $3. was the same sentiment, the final border etc, if it gets breached all is lost, and of course it did get breached, and went to $2.22 and many things happened after that...

but my point being - now looking back at that month it seems like we were kids playing in a sandbox. $2 $3 who the hell cares should've just bought you MORONS.

But how come "this time it's always different"? Is it because I am not destined to make a profit?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:06:35 PM

OP, you should at least remind people to put a wise stop loss. Right now it's 320$ and if support at 275$
won't hold after the consolidation ends, it's going to be a landslide, and max leveraged longs will lose all.
If support at 275$ will hold and a double bottom will form, then it may be worth risking max leverage long.

this battle at $300 reminds me very much of the battle at $3. was the same sentiment, the final border etc, if it gets breached all is lost, and of course it did get breached, and went to $2.22 and many things happened after that...

but my point being - now looking back at that month it seems like we were kids playing in a sandbox. $2 $3 who the hell cares should've just bought you MORONS.

But how come "this time it's always different"? Is it because I am not destined to make a profit?

"profit comes to those who have patience" - investing age wisdom 101.

i am satoshi
riiiising

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:09:46 PM

Going max leverage is risky, and probably shouldn't be done with any single investment. Lots of people lost their shirts this week with GTAT, go online to read some of the sob stories.

You sound quite pessimistic for your daring name!
riiiiising

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:11:26 PM

You sound quite pessimistic for your daring name!

No, I'm always for going all in with bitcoin, but going max leverage is risky, in case of a black swan event. You never know, right?

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

Hopefully they can use some of that money to fix all the bugs and glitches that started after the database outage earlier in the year. Didn't realise Ben Reeves was still involved. The whole thing ran much more smoothly when it was just his one man band.

EDIT: Maybe they can start by fixing their incredible accurate graphs

Well that graph may or may not be inaccurate as it is one that shows how much a specific address received per day and it would be possible that it received large amounts on several days.

I would speculate that blockchain will use much of it's new funding to build new features and products.

I do not think it is wise to use leverage with bitcoin as it makes it easy for you to lose everything when you see even a modest price decline you could get a margin call

I was alluding to the fact that the scale is all zeros and there is no data for any of the days showing as positive.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:57:09 PM

Do you've got an example for those stories? Or some link to a forum or something? I'm effectively only active in Bitcoin forums, and not 'regular' investing ones Smiley

riiiiising

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:00:40 PM

Do you've got an example for those stories? Or some link to a forum or something? I'm effectively only active in Bitcoin forums, and not 'regular' investing ones Smiley

People getting 15 years of savings wiped out in one night, it's insanity.

http://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/2ilcgr/psa_guys_be_careful_out_there/

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:35:20 PM

People getting 15 years of savings wiped out in one night, it's insanity.

http://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/2ilcgr/psa_guys_be_careful_out_there/

That's awful. I can't imagine how many people lost tons on that.
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

I sold both kidneys yesterday and used the cash to leverage up 20x on bitcoin. I'll buy them back with a portion of my earnings. The markets are looking good today but I'm feeling a bit dizzy and nauseous. Not entriely suure if I caaaaaaaaaaa
touhonoob

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

I sold both kidneys yesterday and used the cash to leverage up 20x on bitcoin. I'll buy them back with a portion of my earnings. The markets are looking good today but I'm feeling a bit dizzy and nauseous. Not entriely suure if I caaaaaaaaaaa
Where to sell my kidneys  Huh
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:37:52 PM

Grin
otto93

Activity: 216

Live, Hope, Win

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:39:55 PM

I sold both kidneys yesterday and used the cash to leverage up 20x on bitcoin

What does leverage up 20x on bitcoin mean?

I understand what plain simple buying bitcoins means, but what's leverage?

edit

I looked it up in the dictionary, which said

Investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)

Is that all it means, buying bitcoins with borrowed money?

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:42:13 PM

How does leverage work anyway

Let's say I got 1 grand that I go maximum leverage(long) with at $350/btc and I close it at $3500

How much money would I have made?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: