Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:56:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Umisoo hosting of Bitmaintech Antminers  (Read 5739 times)
davedj79 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:45:32 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone else had experience of Umisoo hosting your Antminers?  I see there are posts here for the Hashnet offering but Umisoo can actually host your Antminers and provide you with an interface.

My story so far is that Umisoo have had my new Antminer S4 for a little over a week.  I've finally managed to get it online yesterday, and a miner which should mine at 2TH/s has so far peaked at 200GH/s.

I can get into the interface and update the mining settings, but weather I try ghash or eligius I'm getting the same maximum results.  Whilst I appreciate they are based in China their support has been terrible.  They have restarted the miner, told me to try IP addresses on my miner settings rather than ghash.io or eligius.st.  They've even told me there's a problem with the S4 getting confused as an S2!  Hang on a minute, I should be connecting to a physical, self funded and owned S4!

A very poor show so far.  Wondered if anyone has any experiences with them?  I now find myself with a miner in China, I'm in the UK and powerless to get it working correctly.

Hopefully others are having better experiences otherwise we need to be warning fellow miners to stear well clear!
David
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:56:44 AM

You should check out the official S4 thread - The hash speed is a known issue.  might wanna point your miner to BTCGuild and set the difficulty manually until a new firmware is provided in order to realize the full potential of your S4 miner.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.0

How much is your service fee for using Umisoo?

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
davd998

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:02:04 PM

I just started hosting with Umisoo. I manually set the worker to 2048 on btcguild and that definitely helped.

I have noticed that through umisoo, the miner loses its connection to btcguild every 12 hours, and it is unable to connect to eligius. I had to connect to btcguild using the ip address. Anyone have any input on how to best configure in order to prevent downtime?

Hosting fees for umisoo are here: https://www.umisoo.com/agency/listProduct.action
S4 is ~$133 /mo
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:32:28 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 03:47:55 PM by Tamerz

I had a S4 shipped there and it looks by the tracking number it showed up.

Is it based on pre-paying for the first month? I see there is an unpaid order in my account for 0.3385412415BTC so do I have to pay that before the miner goes online?

UPDATE: That is exactly what I had to do. Paid the invoice and then once they had the miner they set it up and sent me an email telling me to configure it.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

Any updates from anyone else using this service?
deeneendo

Activity: 155
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:41:07 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 06:09:50 PM by deeneendo

I have just ordered an S4 to be delivered to them, and inquired about the possibility to host C1 liquid cooled miners there. Will report back as soon as there is anything to report.

EDIT: Bitmaintech hadn't received my bank transfer yet (wish I had enough BTC to pay with that. I hope they will receive it Monday and proceed with the shipping to Umisoo.
D35TR00

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:46:40 AM

I am working with them on an issue right now. They have my two S4s. Give me a day or so and I will have some feedback on them.
superbull

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:14:04 PM

Running a S4 and a C1 in UMISOO, C1 is working great always 1T but the S4 is having terrible hashrate of 1.5T no matter where I minded at, btcguild @ diff 2048 or antpool get exactly the same result, anyone has similar problem with UMISOO?
D35TR00

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:07:00 AM

Today I am still waiting to access my miners. When Umisoo setup my two S4s they added the f2pool.com pool and their own workers. I cannot change the pool or workers which were specified by Umisoo. Umisoo has my money and they tell me they are working on the problem which will allow me to change the pool and workers. I have no idea why I cannot change the pool and workers set by Umisoo on the two S4s I paid for. The two S4s I paid for are sitting at Umisoo hashing for a pool (stratum.f2pool.com:3333) configured by Umisoo with workers configured by Umisoo. All I can do is watch my miners generate bitcoin for Umisoo. I am awaiting an update from Umisoo.
D35TR00

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:16:22 AM

I should add. I am being changed by Umisoo but have never been able to change the pre-defined pools or workers set by Umisoo. Looks like when Umisoo connected my S4s Umisoo set a pool of their liking and workers or their liking.
superbull

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:25:39 AM

Miner Configure Page -> did you hit "Select-All" before submitting the form?
superbull

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:36:18 AM

Like they are working on your issue to bring down part of the system, my S4 was down since 0100 UTC this morning but C1 was working hard at 1T mining at another pool.
Interestingly their "Miner Monitor" page still showing hashrate ongoing both miners.
ngc1952tau

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:12:51 AM

I am in a very similar situation. I have two Antminer S4's hosted with them. Initially they had their own pool information set. In my case, I was able to change the pool using the Miner Manager interface. However, when I set them to GHash.IO, one miner gets about 350 GH/s instead of 2 TH/s, and the other miner doesn't show up at all. I switched to Antpool, and there, one miner gets 1.5 TH/s and again, the other one doesn't show up at all. The graphs on their website are incorrect. They show one miner hashing at 1.5 TH/s - so this one is more or less working, although it is hashing far below spec. The other miner is hashing at 2 TH/s according to their graphs, yet does not show up at all on any pools I set.

I have sent them several emails, and at first, they responded with very short emails promising to look into it. Now they are not responding at all. This has been going on for several days.

If I don't hear back from them by tomorrow I am going to attempt to reach out to Bitmain in the hope that they have some leverage with them and can help get my miners running. Failing that I am going to try to get a refund and have the miners shipped elsewhere, although given how things are going so far I fear even that will be a struggle...

SO basically... no I don't recommend them. And I am very disappointed with Bitmain for promoting them as a preferred hosting provider.
superbull

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:34:57 AM

@1952tau, pls keep us informed the results after talking with bitmaintech, i've asking them to verify my S4 firmware version for couple of times but they never answered me, i'm now started to think if the running S4 @ 1.5T was the one S4-B2 i bought direct from bitmaintech?
superbull

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:48:00 AM

an email rec'd from UMISOO at 0730 UTC saying my S4 has a bad hashboard (didn't say how many x's) and now are talking with bitmaintech for an RMA (didn't say how long it will take).

They are watching the thread i believe
deeneendo

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:04:30 PM

so, the miners were received at Umisoo and are hashing now since a few days. My appreciation of the service is a bit mixed, here's why:

-Communication is a bit lacking. I was wondering when Umisoo would start operating the miners until I saw that I had an invoice for 0.366 BTC per unit which I had to pay before the miners were put under my control. It would be better if they sent an email for this, to avoid the situation I had when I finally could change the pooldata on the miners: until that moment, Umisoo were mining with the units at antpool and another pool (I forgot) with their own workers!

-Hashrate displayed at umisoo is heavily normalized: it usually shows this:

so a nice flat line.

However, hashrate at slushpool is displayed differently (these are 2 devices):

you can see average hashrate is below 4 TH/s. I had best results so far on slushpool, tried antpool (p2p), eligius and ghash.io, they had varying results but less good than sluhspool (I manually set minimal difficulty to 2048).

-Bitmain partnership: I wanted to buy more miners and host them at Umisoo, but Bitmaintech have removed the option to ship to Umisoo directly and told me no reason for this, simply if I wanted to host them there, I would have to send them to their address. Umisoo did not seem to know about this and told me a couple of days ago, they'd get back to me when they have more info. Still waiting for that. Hope they will respond before my coupons become invalid.

-Fees: as I said, about 4,50$ in BTC per day, in January there is supposed to be a reduction in electricity costs, but I am waiting for an official confirmation. The fees need to be paid beforehand and as far as I can see, I can send them BTC whenever I want in advance, so that might be handy to be able to time those payments so that you get the most out of your BTC (pay the fees when BTC is high). Still, there is a serious lack of information on that matter, I wish they sent at least an email to tell you how the system exactly works and also to inform you when the miner is going online (for me it was in the middle of the night, so I "lost" some mining time before I could set my pooldata.

-Pooldata: in their interface it is only possible to set pooldata and workers/passwords. No possibility to over/underclock, change parameters, reset or update firmware. I guess you need to send mail to support for these matters, but haven't tried yet.
On the whole, it's quite basic, but sufficient. You MUST remember though to select the pool parameters you want to submit (put a tick in the box next to it) before you send the data, or else the parameters will not be sent to the miner.

My conclusion: not too bad as a service so far, you receive a fairly good service with mails responsiveness (well, so far I haven't really stressed them), the service continuity has been OK for the short time I have been with them but hashrate is a little underperforming. I don't know if that's the pool or the units themselves, but the hashrate indication on Umisoo website is definitely not very accurate.

I would use them to host more miners, so far they have done well, but I wish I had direct access to the miner's built-in UI. Still, the basic functionality is there and you can change pools and workers to your heart's content.

I just wish I knew why Bitmaintech seem to have stopped collaborating with them, but I doubt Umisoo are going to tell me.

superbull

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:03:31 PM

show time, my S4

superbull

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:14:17 PM

i moved all my S3 and Avalon to AntPool

deeneendo

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:25:59 PM

hmm that looks like a hashboard might be down, indeed. At least, at umisoo, my two S4 always show high hashrates, what the pool displays can largely vary.

Of course, after I posted these pix, mine decided to go into overboost mode and are now displaying 2,2 TH/s average Wink I guess +/-0,25 TH/s variance displayed by pool are quite normal.

Also, it is quite important to be able to set the minmal difficulty to 2048. on eligius, my miners only managed 500 GH/s instead of 2000, and ghash.io was reporting wild hashrate drops and jumps all the time. After a bit of forum reading, I found most happy S4 users were mining at slushpool, does anyone else have other recommendations? I chose them also because at the momen, you get the BTC Trezor for a special price there, when you mine with them for more than 3 days.
ngc1952tau

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:43:12 PM

I am still trying to get my issues sorted out. I brought Bitmain into the email conversation, which got a quick and apologetic response out of Umisoo, as well as an assurance from Bitmain that they would ask Umisoo to take a look.

Umisoo didn't do anything that fixed the issue. Eventually after reading this thread I found out about changing the difficulty, so I pointed them at Slush's pool with 2048 difficulty, and one of the units is hashing at 2 TH/s finally. I think they had to reboot it to fix one of the non-hashing boards. No one at Bitmain or Umisoo suggested this, it was only through suggestions here that I decided to try changing the difficulty.

My other miner is still not hashing at any pools I set it to, even though the graph on Umisoo's website shows that it is. I keep explaining this to them and then they keep saying they will look into it, then nothing changes and when I follow up they say that it looks like it's working and they will look into it. Then repeat. I've asked them now to provide a screenshot of the unit hashing at a pool not a graph from their website, to prove that it is hashing. I had set the units to Eligius to demonstrate this, since stats are public, but I don't think it got through.

I feel like this would be much easier to troubleshoot if I had web or SSH access to my machines but they I don't know if this is a service they provide.. I've asked them a couple times but they haven't responded to my question...

Bitmain has been responsive and easier to work with, as I've come to expect from all my dealings with them. It's not that Umisoo is unresponsive, but just that communication is very difficult, and well, they don't really appear to know what they are doing, or to pay attention to what is actually happening with the units...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: