Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAWMiners.com Hash Marketplace- AVOID! (See update)  (Read 7998 times)
MrGreenHat (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:09:14 PM

I'm not going to sit here and debate the fact that I made a stupid error. But in my defense, all of those mother fucking hashlets look the same when you are selling them and the only way to differentiate one from an another is the small white on black MH/s marker in the center. After you've been splitting hashlets up and selling them, it becomes monotonous and that's usually when you are going to see user error. I was down to my last hash let that I had planned on selling and I accidentally clicked the wrong one, and after you click "Sell on Market", I had no way of telling the difference between the two hashlets because when you split hashlets they have the same name.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

Sadly even in human error, I do not think GAW will help you, they will just say the problem is out of their control. I am actually surprised people use them with the odd one man customer service they have.
ryukamiho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:02:07 PM

Time to quit the world of cryptocurrency ....

But for what reason you wanted to sell your hashlets. they are not giving  you the expected return?

I have saw problems like your case more than twice in the last week, if ever i had to sell anything i would put the highest price ever just to understand how its work.

and would think 300 times before selling it .

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 08:19:22 AM

You ALL seem to be missing the point. I realize that it was my fault for clicking "YES", but there is no reason that I shouldn't have been able to remove them instantly, which the portal would not let me.
Very likely because somebody purchased them immediately.  The portal wouldn't let you because they were no longer yours to remove from the market.
There is no possible way that anyone could have purchased them in the amount of time between when I clicked "Sell" and then "Remove from Market". It was literally a split-second, and I continued to click "remove from market" for at least 2 minutes before it actually sold. So I don't think that is what happened.

It would be very easy for someone running a script set up to buy any hashlets at a big discount to buy it in a split second.

Also I just checked, you need to hit "Sell" then "Confirm" then "Confirm" again. I'm not sure what you expect them to do other than disallowing people from selling at the price they want.

how would one create a script like this?

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:08:37 PM

Haha try doing the same thing on any exchange. Type a sell order, click confirm and then email them to give you back the money Cheesy Good luck!
The only thing this topic proves is how stupid people can be, and I'm not talking about the mistake you made (shit happens), I'm talking about opening a scam accusation thread, even though the whole thing is clearly your fault.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:59:06 PM

Haha try doing the same thing on any exchange. Type a sell order, click confirm and then email them to give you back the money Cheesy Good luck!
The only thing this topic proves is how stupid people can be, and I'm not talking about the mistake you made (shit happens), I'm talking about opening a scam accusation thread, even though the whole thing is clearly your fault.
I didn't originally open it as a Scam accusation, it was moved here by a moderator. I originally posted this in the Mining section.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:07:35 PM

Time to quit the world of cryptocurrency ....

But for what reason you wanted to sell your hashlets. they are not giving  you the expected return?

I have saw problems like your case more than twice in the last week, if ever i had to sell anything i would put the highest price ever just to understand how its work.

and would think 300 times before selling it .

I was going to use the money to buy some prime hashlets instead, in fact, I was going to buy $10k worth. I was gawminers.com biggest fan until yesterday, but now every hashlet I own is for sale and I am never doing business with them again. If they can't rectify what was clearly a human error, then clearly they don't give a shit about their customers. GAWMiners.com exchange platform can be EXTREMELY difficult to navigate, especially when you own a lot of hashlets and split them up and you've got 20 different hashlet icons, and the only way to tell one from the other is to make damn sure before you click "sell hashlet on market" that you have clicked the correct one (which, as I mentioned earlier, all look exactly alike except for the amount of MH which is displayed in the center of the hashlet in tiny font.) And once you click "sell" and they ask you to confirm your sale, it simply asks if you are SURE you want to sell your zen hashlet, it doesn't say are you sure you want to sell your *70* MH or *1* MH zen hashlet. If anything, let this be a warning to anyone who plans on selling hashlets on GAWminers.com, be VERY careful when doing so.
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:04:48 AM

You ALL seem to be missing the point. I realize that it was my fault for clicking "YES", but there is no reason that I shouldn't have been able to remove them instantly, which the portal would not let me.
Very likely because somebody purchased them immediately.  The portal wouldn't let you because they were no longer yours to remove from the market.
There is no possible way that anyone could have purchased them in the amount of time between when I clicked "Sell" and then "Remove from Market". It was literally a split-second, and I continued to click "remove from market" for at least 2 minutes before it actually sold. So I don't think that is what happened.
GAW probably has a bot that looks for errors like this and then puts in a split-second buy. They profit while you lose. Then they can tell you to gfys if you complain about a mistake.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:52:04 AM

How did you pay gawminers? If you used a credit card chargeback.

Remember that he traded the hashlets himself, which means he chose to sell them and got paid. Even if he managed to perform a chargeback this would be nothing but a fraud.
What if every client, who missclicked in the API, wanted a rollback?
I understand the OP is angry, but there's really nothing they can do about it, but learn from it and maybe make it more difficult for people to place orders on the marketplace.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:01:58 AM

Remember that he traded the hashlets himself, which means he chose to sell them and got paid. Even if he managed to perform a chargeback this would be nothing but a fraud.

It sounds like the system is at the very least faulty if his story is true, and I don't think he's responsible. Gaw should reverse the trade since the system did not work correctly.

From the customer's perspective he got robbed $1380, and has every right to get that money back through any means possible.
I don't agree. He confirmed the order, which makes him responsible for the price.
The fact that the system isn't forgiving, doesn't make it faulty. Just look at a typical bitcoin transaction, once you confirm it, it's over.

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:49:35 AM

I have been at both ends of fat fingers in the past. Luckily, my losses have been minimal.

OP, I know it sucks, but its not their fault at all. If you think the process is tedious and that they should have a bigger confirmation, you should have mailed them earlier with that feedback.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:52:57 AM

It sounds like the system is at the very least faulty if his story is true, and I don't think he's responsible. Gaw should reverse the trade since the system did not work correctly.

From the customer's perspective he got robbed $1380, and has every right to get that money back through any means possible.
I don't agree. He confirmed the order, which makes him responsible for the price.
The fact that the system isn't forgiving, doesn't make it faulty. Just look at a typical bitcoin transaction, once you confirm it, it's over.

But this wasn't a BITCOIN TRANSACTION. This was a sale of "hashlets" on a marketplace that is very prone to human error and I am still very suspicious about why I couldn't remove it from the market, I literally immediately had my cursor on the "remove from sale" button the moment I clicked the last "OK", and saw that my last green hashlet was the 1 MH, not the 70 MH. I do not believe that anyone could have possibly had time to be lucky enough to search the market, find my accidental order, and go through the protocol of purchasing it. If people do have some kind of scripts or programs running to profit from this, then GAWMiners.com should work to identify and eliminate them for the protection of their customers.
DerekH

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:42:21 PM

It would be very easy for someone running a script set up to buy any hashlets at a big discount to buy it in a split second.

Also I just checked, you need to hit "Sell" then "Confirm" then "Confirm" again. I'm not sure what you expect them to do other than disallowing people from selling at the price they want.

how would one create a script like this?

Have it scrape the offers page continuously. Once an offer appears low enough have it automatically buy it.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

Have it scrape the offers page continuously. Once an offer appears low enough have it automatically buy it.

Just to make it clear - automated scripts of this nature are prohibited by GAW and if someone indeed used some kind of scraper like that to buy OP's hashlets the transaction should be reversed. However there isn't any way to prove it as far as I know.

FWIW this is far from an isolated incident. The Zen marketplace user interface is notoriously clunky and unnecessarily confusing. For example the cloud's own price list shows hashlet prices per MH/s and there is no reason why users selling on the marketplace should be required to enter the TOTAL price. If the price was entered per MH/s the risk of incidents like this would be greatly diminished. I'm not saying it's not the OP's fault, because sadly it is, but there are some very simple tweaks GAW/Zen could and should implement to prevent this from happening.
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:56:37 PM

I don't think GAW had anything to do with this sale, the blame solely is on you.  I don't mean to sound like a dick, but the reason you could not cancel was someone beat you to the punch and purchased it.  there are tons of folks that sit there and hit f5 (refresh) waiting for a mistake sale. 

it sucks, but dust yourself off and move on. 

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:56:20 AM

sadly , sounds the same as if you sold 70 litecoin for the wrong price and someone snatched it up.

One of the problems with hosted hash power.  You have no real control over what you are mining.

When you own mining equipment these things cannot happen. Of course I understand some people like the hosted mining thing but really it is a limiting factor.  Buying the mining equipment eliminates all these issues.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 03:16:14 AM

sadly , sounds the same as if you sold 70 litecoin for the wrong price and someone snatched it up.

It's not quite like that, is it? If you sell LTC at a proper exchange that has decent market depth and proper order matching the worst thing that could happen is that you would sell it at the highest bid price, but not at a 90% or 99% discount as happened with some hashlet sales. But that is not the model Zen chose for its marketplace, i.e. there are no bids, just "for sale" listings. It's more comparable to e.g. eBay or craigslist than to a currency exchange. However on eBay or craigslist the seller has more time to decide to back out of the transaction - perhaps at the expense of bad feedback but still. Zen marketplace seems rushed and poorly designed for its intended use.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

It's not quite like that, is it? If you sell LTC at a proper exchange that has decent market depth and proper order matching the worst thing that could happen is that you would sell it at the highest bid price, but not at a 90% or 99% discount as happened with some hashlet sales. But that is not the model Zen chose for its marketplace, i.e. there are no bids, just "for sale" listings. It's more comparable to e.g. eBay or craigslist than to a currency exchange. However on eBay or craigslist the seller has more time to decide to back out of the transaction - perhaps at the expense of bad feedback but still. Zen marketplace seems rushed and poorly designed for its intended use.

You're comparing a marketplace with an exchange. When threre's not enough sales you can't have a market depth. If he listed it on a new exchange with no bid orders the outcome would have beeen the same.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:23:57 PM

You're comparing a marketplace with an exchange. When threre's not enough sales you can't have a market depth. If he listed it on a new exchange with no bid orders the outcome would have beeen the same.

I'm sure there would be plenty of demand if they let buyers put bids in. Or if it's a marketplace then the seller should have the last word whether to let the item go when a buyer shows up with the money. Now it has the worst features of both concepts.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:05:35 PM

Finally, someone who sees my point. You are exactly right. I truly believe that GAWMiners.com intentionally has made their "marketplace" confusing so that they can profit off of this exact kind of issue. I am almost certain that it wasn't another GAWMiners.com customer who got my 70 MH's of zen hashlets for $18.90, I believe GAWMiners.com themselves probably has some kind of script running to take advantage of opportunities such as the one I mistakenly provided for them. I have not received ANY response from "Eric", the guy who was supposed to contact me after the "bitcoin conference in vegas" according to the woman I spoke with at GAWMiners telephone support. I also filed a "ticket" and NOTHING. So basically, they haven't even responded to me, other than the first time I called them (within 5 minutes of the $1400 mistake), and the woman told me there was nothing that could be done, but when I suggested that there certainly was something that could be done and that I needed to speak to someone at the company who could actually help me, she put me on hold for five minutes and said "I emailed Eric your contact info and he will be in touch A.S.A.P.".
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: