Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Bitcoin WebCamming Site  (Read 4370 times)
bitcams (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 02:36:34 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 09:26:48 PM by bitcams

Hello all!

In the process of creating "chaturbate" for bitcoins the way it works is you can join the webcam host on webcam or just watch.  
With limited slots (12) we hope to provide a more intimate experience ;-)

Without further wait here it is!  Bitcams  

Some of things we'll be doing differently then what is out there:

• Stable platform no buffering or freezing
  • We want a good video experience so we accomodate HD/ Full screen
  • Whenever someone hosts a webcam we'll send it out
    via twitter so you'll know so add us on twitter ( BitCam_s) and email shortly

We are looking for our first male/female  group chatterbatter for bitcoins!  just PM Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:57:38 AM

no reference to the warm response from strippercams, huh?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80126.0
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:08:31 PM

no reference to the warm response from strippercams, huh?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80126.0

Oh gosh yes that was a nightmare by name hijacking.

I suppose help put us on the map :p
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 12:22:41 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2012, 12:56:35 AM by bitcams

There is a hot dudes on it right now lol  Grin

and a girl guest ....
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 12:31:21 AM

No plugin available to show this content - and it doesn't even tell me which content type it can't show so I could fix it.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 12:39:30 AM

No plugin available to show this content - and it doesn't even tell me which content type it can't show so I could fix it.

What browser where you using if I may ask? I'll add something to let you know...
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 01:07:44 AM

The next evolution of BitCams is the reward those people who come to view with small bits of bitcoin for either keeping or spending on the entertainers.

We figure this is a good way to allow people new to bitcoin see the "full cycle" of how bitcoin works from receiving them to spending them.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 03:08:00 AM

What browser where you using if I may ask? I'll add something to let you know...

chromium on linux. right click reveals it's java but I doubt the average visitor will ... ok, forget it. The average user has no bitcoin =D

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1055

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 12:56:46 PM

How can a user of Bitcoins know that it is safe to install the plugin?

girlsgonebitcoin

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 03:56:50 PM

I like what you've done  since its pretty stable and I can full screen pretty easily. Defiantly, figure out how to give "bits of bitcoin" as a reward to viewers that would be great...
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 04:00:09 PM

chromium on linux. right click reveals it's java but I doubt the average visitor will ... ok, forget it. The average user has no bitcoin =D

Should be fixed now...and yes true nobody has any bitcoins Tongue
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 04:09:30 PM

How can a user of Bitcoins know that it is safe to install the plugin?

The plug-in is coming from OoVoo paid solutions so its safe.
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 05:09:43 PM

I'm not sure we need another bitcoin camwhore site yet.  The first one barely has two performers.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 06:52:51 PM

I'm not sure we need another bitcoin camwhore site yet.  The first one barely has two performers.

Maybe we should ban links to competing sites on the forum? What are you suggesting?

For me neither of the sites offers a decent quality and yes, I would prefer if they would team up and work twice as fast on a solution for all the issues but (un)fortunately they have different approaches.

The market for streaming is huge!, but HUGE!!!! I'm so sure such a streaming site will make big news later in 2012. The only reason there are only girls from the USA and only so few performers on MFC is the barriers put up to stream there. With these new sites the sky is the limit. Well ... maybe upstream is the limit but that opens up personal streaming to another 90% of the world. Don't blame these pre-alpha-websites for having only 0.5 performers on average. With ways to stream to more than one site, the barrier to stream there, too is virtually zero.

ɃɃ
girlsgonebitcoin

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 07:05:24 PM

Maybe we should ban links to competing sites on the forum? What are you suggesting?

For me neither of the sites offers a decent quality and yes, I would prefer if they would team up and work twice as fast on a solution for all the issues but (un)fortunately they have different approaches.

The market for streaming is huge!, but HUGE!!!! I'm so sure such a streaming site will make big news later in 2012. The only reason there are only girls from the USA and only so few performers on MFC is the barriers put up to stream there. With these new sites the sky is the limit. Well ... maybe upstream is the limit but that opens up personal streaming to another 90% of the world. Don't blame these pre-alpha-websites for having only 0.5 performers on average. With ways to stream to more than one site, the barrier to stream there, too is virtually zero.

^^ this ^^  streaming should take off at some point I would think.  The way I look at it you have to start somewhere might as well with 2 sites vs. 1  everyone has different approaches to things ...things should pick up I would think as time goes.
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:23:15 AM

I'm not sure we need another bitcoin camwhore site yet.  The first one barely has two performers.

Yes, both sites need improving this is true. We both have different approaches also.  I think eventually personal streaming like you mentioned will take off and help bitcoin become more mainstream.  We are busy rounding up a few "dedicated girls" so stay tune!

Also, building a F.A.Q as people have said its confusing how things work  Tongue  also will be updating with some new stuff planned ....so stay tune!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 01:07:07 AM

I don't understand this site, it is just chatroll embed, and why do I need to download an oovoo plugin? So it is just someone capitalizing on embeding two different things together, nothing special.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 01:38:58 AM

I don't understand this site, it is just chatroll embed, and why do I need to download an oovoo plugin? So it is just someone capitalizing on embeding two different things together, nothing special.

Without verifying your accusations: So what? The best solution for a problem provides all the features requested and has 0 lines of code aka the developer knew what already existed and put it together.
Maintenance costs 0$.
Ready to market 0d.
Consultancy costs priceless.

ɃɃ
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:16:57 AM

me join in.
bitcams (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:57:57 PM

Fair enough as we both are doing things differently.  To be fair cam4btc is asking  my firewall  for permission every time I go there I don't see how its much different then a one-time plug-in - also its a mix of paid products and free . Its more then just capitalizing it takes time getting some  girls lined up and create a vision around it to make things succeed overall in making bitcoin mainstream.

Good feedback though thanks! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: