Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal: Newbie sandbox  (Read 905 times)
dakota neat (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:38:06 PM

Can we please setup a newbie sandbox (sub) where users have to reach 50 posts before they can join the grown up guys? That would reduce trolling a lot. I mean, seriously, the amount of accounts which are created for plane trolling seem to be still increasing.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:15:24 AM

Can we please setup a newbie sandbox (sub) where users have to reach 50 posts before they can join the grown up guys? That would reduce trolling a lot. I mean, seriously, the amount of accounts which are created for plane trolling seem to be still increasing.

There used to be a newbie jail when i first signed up back in January I believe.  You could only post in certain ares until your member level reached a certain level.  Not a fan of a minimum post requirement as people will just post 50 garbage posts to get out.  

It was done away with for whatever reason.  Likely because it wasn't very successful. I would assume people would just make an account and wait until they were out before they would troll.  

I think the best thing to do is just report the posts and let the mods take care of it.
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:39:47 AM

IIRC, back when there was a newbie jail, new users need to make a post (they usually just made a simple "hello" post) and need to wait for a few hours before they can make posts freely. IMHO, it didn't work well at all, and it just created a lot of useless posts in the newbie section.

Mikez

Activity: 508

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:55:24 PM

If I recall correctly, about 3 hours online and a couple of posts. Maybe it wasn't the brightest ideas, but it kept a lot of troublemakers at bay.

HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:58:07 PM

Why you are thinking that you as senior member are so smart in BTC things ?
Firstly may be try to get at least MBA and then say something  Grin
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:33:20 PM

call your box spam box, instead of newbie box.

The staff eliminated the newbie jail for some reason I guess, and it is even more harsh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: