Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:07:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobel prize for Satoshi Nakamoto!  (Read 4182 times)
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:41:54 PM

Neither does 'Barry' Barack Obama.

The Nobel Peace Prize had always been a joke.Obama won it on the merit of not being  George Fucking W. Bush.

The selection for the other Nobel prizes however are quite solid both the prize and the recipients deserves the respect they got.My only gripe is that they don't offer posthumous rewards( Rosalind Franklin deserves one IMO)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stemby
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:43:42 PM

The five Nobel Prizes are awarded for outstanding contributions in the fields of physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature, and work for peace. Bitcoin is not an outstanding contribution in any of those fields, and therefore Satoshi does not deserve a Nobel Prize.
You forgot this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Memorial_Prize_in_Economic_Sciences

Ciao!

(+1 for the petition!)

“…virtual currencies, could have a substitution effect on central bank money if they become widely accepted.”
ECB Report, October 2012
nomasters55

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:26:31 AM

once bitcoin becomes a global currency,there will be no wars,since wars are started by the banksters in wall street.
so Satoshi deserves a nobel peace prize
hellojpg

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:37:59 AM

sathoshi ith a god amung men he ith above human trophys and awards.... he merely released the code of the gods on a whim to balence the world of good and evil....

control must be maintained there most always be good and evol.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 06:00:11 AM

Well he should be given the nobel prize in all the sector, because

1. Physics: He invented "How to make fiat disappear"

2. Chemistry: He invented "How to make fiat neutral molecules"

3. Medicine: He invented "How to sleep well medicine without the fear of loosing your money"

4. Literature: He quoted "The poetry of cryptocurrency"

5. Peace: He put away the Bankers

What more do you want !!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:52:41 AM

1. Physics: He invented "How to make fiat disappear"

2. Chemistry: He invented "How to make fiat neutral molecules"

3. Medicine: He invented "How to sleep well medicine without the fear of loosing your money"

4. Literature: He quoted "The poetry of cryptocurrency"

What more do you want !!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Awesome..I think they should give one for you too..
saver

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:07:07 AM

aha, good!but first you have to find out who he is,
may be an announcement of Nobel Prize would make him public, I really want to meet me in person.
galaxyhero

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:13:21 AM

Nobel Prize is possible only after you find out who the Satoshi really is Tongue
JeffDeChesare

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:48:22 AM

Nobel Prize is possible only after you find out who the Satoshi really is Tongue

They can just name it in his name and put dat in white house that might actually work.  Grin
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:29:19 AM

They usually only give the Nobel Peace Prize to War Criminals and teenage girls these days.

I do wonder if a person or persons who is anoymous can win it. Maybe Time Magazine will give him Person of the Year onetime.
hopey

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:34:26 AM

John Nash allreay got Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences Tongue
RICHBOSS

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:58:27 AM

Lol.. Smiley Satoshi Nakamoto award.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:18:21 PM

Satoshi don't need the prize, he is rich already.  We could petition that i won it. I do help with telling people on this forum how things should be. So yes i am helpful for Bitcoin. And i never saw Norway. I could go there to collect this prize.

Petition me. o/
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 12:43:24 PM

They usually only give the Nobel Peace Prize to War Criminals and teenage girls these days.

I do wonder if a person or persons who is anoymous can win it. Maybe Time Magazine will give him Person of the Year onetime.

Bankers are worst possible criminals in the world right now. So I really hope they should give him a recognition for putting away the bankers.

keackh

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:19:42 PM

Clearly, he deserves to receive a nobel prize for offering us this currency that allows to control our own property!
canary

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

Satoshi don't need the prize, he is rich already.  We could petition that i won it. I do help with telling people on this forum how things should be. So yes i am helpful for Bitcoin. And i never saw Norway. I could go there to collect this prize.

Petition me. o/

Nobel prize is not just money man, its most significant benefits are prestige, knowledge around the globe and proud!
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

and therefore Satoshi does not deserve a Nobel Prize.

Well he does deserve a prize.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

John Nash allreay got Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences Tongue

keep it low!
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:30:21 PM

Satoshi's whitepaper might not quite be enough to win every upcoming Nobel prize, however we might be able to put together a team of deserving peoples.  A very important linking paper by Nick Szabo formulating Adam Smith meticulous observations of the history of our economy:

Metcalfe's Law states that a value of a network is proportional to the square of the number of its nodes.  In an area where good soils, mines, and forests are randomly distributed, the number of nodes valuable to an industrial economy is proportional to the area encompassed.  The number of such nodes that can be economically accessed is an inverse square of the cost per mile of transportation.  Combine this  with Metcalfe's Law and we reach a dramatic but solid mathematical conclusion: the potential value of a land transportation network is the inverse fourth power of the cost of that transportation. A reduction in transportation costs in a trade network by a factor of two increases the potential value of that network by a factor of sixteen. While a power of exactly 4.0 will usually be too high, due to redundancies, this does show how the cost of transportation can have a radical nonlinear impact on the value of the trade networks it enables.  This formalizes Adam Smith's observations: the division of labor (and thus value of an economy) increases with the extent of the market, and the extent of the market is heavily influenced by transportation costs (as he extensively discussed in his Wealth of Nations).

Certainly this formalization and the entire works of Nick Szabo leading up to it must be a great consideration! http://szabo.best.vwh.net/

What's interesting is that it seems Adam Smith DOESN'T need revision (nor does it seem Nash or Szabo ever felt he did!) but just implementation and a conclusion extension"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbNMTbcuitA

How does such a movie contain a poorly explained thesis of the subject and what is the significance (http://serc.carleton.edu/sp/library/media/examples/example2.html):

This scene is must viewing even though the scene itself contains flawed economics (explaining why the scene is NOT a Nash equilibrium helps students learn the concept in greater depth).

Especially when the man himself was present:

But we mustn't forget Dr. Nash as it was seemingly his observations that allowed for the extrapolation that become bitcoin (Ideal Money: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_money):
It was the observation of a new “line" that has become popular with those responsible for “central banking" functions relating to national currencies that gave us the idea for the study of “asymptotically Ideal" money.

The idea seems paradoxical, but by speaking of “inflation targeting" these responsible officials are effectively CONFESSING that, notwithstanding how they formerly were speaking about the difficulties and problems of their functions, that it is indeed after all possible to control inflation by controlling the supply of money (as if by limiting the amount of individual “prints" that could be made of a work of art being produced as “prints")

This observation lead to the concept of "Asymptotically Ideal Money":
So here is the possibility of “asymptotically ideal money". Starting with the idea of value stabilization in relation to a domestic price index associated with the territory of one state, beyond that there is the natural and logical concept of internationally based value comparisons. The currencies now being compared, like the dollar, the yen, the pound, the swiss franc, the swedish kronor, etc. can be viewed with critical eyes by their user and by those who may have the option of whether or not or how to use one of them. This can lead to pressure for good quality and consequently for a lessened rate of inflationary depreciation in value.

And it was ultimately Nash that called the coming of this "money printing" revolution:
There perhaps will always be “politics", like also “death and taxes". But it is sometimes remarkable how political contexts can evolve. And in relation to that I think that it is possible that “Keynesians" are like a political faction that will become less influential as a result of political evolution.

And this parallel makes it seem not implausible that a process of political evolution might lead to the expectation on the part of citizens in the “great democracies" that they should be better situated to be able to understand whatever will be the monetary policies which, indeed, are typically of great importance to citizens who may have alternative options for where to place their “deposits".

What is the relationship of Szabo to Dr. Nash, or is there one? http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2lf6k1/a_box_without_hinges_key_or_lid_yet_golden/
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 05:56:45 PM

The five Nobel Prizes are awarded for outstanding contributions in the fields of physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature, and work for peace. Bitcoin is not an outstanding contribution in any of those fields, and therefore Satoshi does not deserve a Nobel Prize.
Actually, the peace prize would be perfectly appropriate for bitcoin. All previous forms of worldwide money (government-issued promissory notes) were backed by violence, bitcoin is the first backed instead by mathematics.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: