Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:20:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Bounty: 1,000 BTC (One Thousand BTC) Shared Among A Small Group Of Writers.  (Read 7302 times)
jrmithdobbs

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 07:49:05 PM

Obvious scam. Move along.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grbgout

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 07:50:26 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2011, 05:59:55 AM by grbgout

I'm just posting to raise awareness of the likelihood that this is a scam, and is rather common for freelance writers to encounter.  The competition held asks for contestants to contribute stories, which will be evaluated for a winner or winners, but all the contributed works are "owned" by the competition organizers.  Since there is such little information on the rules for this competition, I would be very leery about submitting any creative works.  Let's not forget the proclaimed bounty isn't even available: rather, it's purported to be accrued through the first "batch" of investor solicitation.

It's a technique to generate free content.

Don't forget the four golden words: F*ck you, pay me. (vimeo).  It's a video on the importance of contracts, pretty decent talk.
Syncopate

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 12:14:44 AM

Wow, I've never seen anyone on the face of this planet write in a complete circle OP's post just fried my brain completely...
coinonymous

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 02:53:37 AM

As spring days lengthen,
business men drink more sake.
Shit like this appears.
publickeyhash

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 02:14:36 PM

He could easily prove possession of 1000BTC by giving a current adress where it resides, and a new adress where it will reside. Post this information on the forum an hour before actually sending the 1000BTC to your new adress. Put your money where your mouth is.
AnonymousOctopus

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:16:08 PM

The splash of weight entering water faded some time ago, but the delicious ribbons of scent still travel. New sharks cruise in from farther and farther away, about as able to resist this bait as they are capable of literally walking away.

And yet. Most are cautious, milling in that endless F5 pattern we all know and love. They take sidelong looks at the bait. Are those faint metallic flashes within truly delicious coin... or just a barbed steel hook? A few rush in to bump it with insults, a few take tentative nibbles. The bait doesn't react. No trap closes. Curiosity grows. That wonderful curiosity, simultaneous flaw and strength. A few more bites are taken, the members of the milling mass speed up and tighten their circles.

I guess I'll join the pattern.

Be careful, we've got sharp teeth.

mmdough

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:38:08 PM

Whatever could it all mean, the words were there but they faded in and out of meaning. My brain hummed to the tune of five heaving video cards cooking numbers in the wires. Maybe I was seeing it all backwards, that I was mistaken and confused, It would not be the fist time that this had happened. The seconds melted into minutes, thoughts rolled across my mind like puzzle pieces being strewn across an irregular landscape of moving color and sound. A brightly illuminated gentleman swam over to me as I floated aloft on my back, pulling on my pant legs he motioned me towards a small door on the horizon. What was this door, was it the way I had been looking for?

As it grew closer I got the warm sensation that toast gave on a crisp morning laced with dew and bird chatter, a singing tone rung out from beneath me and the illuminated gentleman ducked under for a quick peak. This murmur grew more and more vivid, the wash of detail more and more in focus. They were telling me to pay close attention and at the same time to let my thoughts wain over the banks of accepted discourse and through the deep undergrowth of my hidden alleyways.

"How obscure" I murmured to myself, "It's a test".

I'm a professional writer and will attempt to edit the originator's post for 100btc.  I could've written a more cogent narrative on LSD =)

I'm afraid you're too late," sneered Zoltan. "The fireplace has already flown south for the winter!"
mmdough

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:41:48 PM

In fact, why not cut to the chase:

http://www.workableweb.com/_pages/tips_how_to_write_good.htm
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 11:56:43 PM

The real question is:

If we are so interested, why don't we pool together and bypass Bit_Happy?

I have 17.04 BTC. I will put 1000 dobits (.001 BTC each) if 33 put in 99,000 dobits.

The pool is to be split in two.

50% for future pool events.

50% for distribution - prize: decent starter GPU rig at 33% of average mining power or 80% of 50%. It may require several cycles to actually get it for them.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
mmdough

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 12:19:37 AM

The real question is:

If we are so interested, why don't we pool together and bypass Bit_Happy?

I have 17.04 BTC. I will put 1000 dobits (.001 BTC each) if 33 put in 99,000 dobits.

The pool is to be split in two.

50% for future pool events.

50% for distribution - prize: decent starter GPU rig at 33% of average mining power or 80% of 50%. It may require several cycles to actually get it for them.

Hell, if someone's going to give me BTC in exchange for writing crazy crap, I don't particularly care who's giving it or why. But then, it's never been clear what kind of crap can expect to receive a reward anyway, or whether there even is a meaningful reward. So far the thread has just been people posting crazy crap, and I include to OP in that statement.

Maybe there should be a subforum where people could go to post crazy crap in a cloyingly desperate appeal for tips? And others could gather to throw peanuts at them like the performing monkeys they are. I'd be there in a heartbeat, if only to mock other's poor grammar/spelling.

And to post crazy crap, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24
DANCE MONKEY DANCE
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 12:51:43 AM

Hell, if someone's going to give me BTC in exchange for writing crazy crap, I don't particularly care who's giving it or why. But then, it's never been clear what kind of crap can expect to receive a reward anyway, or whether there even is a meaningful reward. So far the thread has just been people posting crazy crap, and I include to OP in that statement.

We the pool decide what crap makes for the greatest crap of all time. Or we could let encyclopediadramatica.ch decide.

Then we divide the pool as proposed.

example
1000 do bits = 1 BTC
500 do bits go to the pool
500 do bits + 50% of holdings go to a prize

or if the person declines the prize

100 do bits to second place and 400 do bits to first place

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 12:59:20 AM

I am interested
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 12:14:16 PM

I'm interested, but I'm afraid I can't write English as well as I write Spanish.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 04:41:54 PM

...That's a rough translation of the Voynich manuscript, he said...
that made me spit my drink Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:26:49 AM

Hi all, I've been very busy, thank you for the entertaining range of responses.
Here is part of my reply to a PM received today:

1) ...looking for people with imagination, creativity, sense of adventure, etc.
2) Some of my best ideas will be quickly copied, so I purposefully "allowed some confusion" at this time.
3) More details to follow...

ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 10:34:02 AM

Oh, this thread is still alive. Astonishing!

Will you announce the "winners"? You said that there was a 10 days limit, I think it is done now ;-)

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:45:10 AM

Oh, this thread is still alive. Astonishing!

Will you announce the "winners"? You said that there was a 10 days limit, I think it is done now ;-)

The deadline has always been an (~) estimate and it has been extended.
Thank you for you interest ploum, I invite you to quote sections from my OP, and discuss (in detail) which parts you think are Astonishing!

ploum

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 10:53:05 AM

Thank you for you interest ploum, I invite you to quote sections from my OP, and discuss (in detail) which parts you think are Astonishing!

The fact that you claim there will be a 1000BTC bounty while, at the same time, you add The Bitcoin Sun to your sig in order to receive 0.1BTC  Grin

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:57:43 AM

The fact that you claim there will be a 1000BTC bounty while, at the same time, you add The Bitcoin Sun to your sig in order to receive 0.1BTC  Grin

The money comes from ...'investors', crowd-funding, early adopters, and other sources of funding.
That detail is clearly seen in the OP.

ploum

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 11:07:39 AM

The money comes from ...'investors', crowd-funding, early adopters, and other sources of funding.
That detail is clearly seen in the OP.

I don't remember that those details were there when I wrote my own post. In fact, reading your first post is like tap-dancing on quick-sand.  Did your post have a life on its own? It seems to grow, to evolve by itself. It's alive! It's aliiiiiiive!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: