Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I create a Bitcoin address with pen and paper ?  (Read 4316 times)
BitcoinExchangeIndia.com (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:12:16 PM

I recently saw a post explaining how a hash can be found with pen and paper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dqhixzGVo

So, can someone please explain me how can I create a Bitcoin address with pen and paper ?

Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:18:39 PM

Well the algorithm is here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_Bitcoin_addresses but then you need the algorithm for the ecdsa signature, the sha256 hash, the ripemd 160 hash etc...

don't bother except if you are a student of cryptography....
susan234

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:17:52 PM

So, can someone please explain me how can I create a Bitcoin address with pen and paper ?

haha
When I saw this news, I was scared
then reading the news carefully ,it only tells us what is the principle of bitcoin.
Please don't have too much image about creating Bitcoin with pen and paper,although you can  do it  in principle,but not in fact

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:20:47 PM

haha
then reading the news carefully ,it only tells us what is the principle of bitcoin.
Please don't have too much image about creating Bitcoin with pen and paper,although you can  do it  in principle,but not in fact

I think U did not read my post and have gone by the image. That was the example I gave. Here I'm asking about a similar solution to create Bitcoin Address with Pen & Paper.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:24:39 PM

Why hash is superior to human : http://blog.codinghorror.com/speed-hashing/
chenka563

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:44:01 PM

haha

I think U did not read my post and have gone by the image. That was the example I gave. Here I'm asking about a similar solution to create Bitcoin Address with Pen & Paper.

really it is yours? but i saw it in old news two days ago?  Have  i  remembered wrong?

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
☆★☆ High ROI Bonds |  Long, Medium and Short Term Options | Bitcoin Bond Network ☆★☆
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
susan234

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:49:12 PM

haha

Are you  Ken Shirriff Huh

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:57:52 PM

Wow! This looks like wayyy too much work for me!  Cheesy

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:28:09 PM

haha

No No... it is not mine. I have clearly stated in the OP that I saw it in another post. Please dont confuse...

Mirdude

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

Wow, why would you ever not need to create a BitCoin address?

That image shows that you have a lot of time on your hands, I'd get a job if I was you Smiley

Why do you want to create a BTC with a pen?

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:00:03 PM

Wow, why would you ever not need to create a BitCoin address?

That image shows that you have a lot of time on your hands, I'd get a job if I was you Smiley

Why do you want to create a BTC with a pen?

If u understood that how much this pen & paper post could have bring in for the author, then u would not have wrote it. Job is in your fate. GooD Luck Tongue

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 11:55:07 PM

I am so tired of seeing that stupid blog with headlines like "mining Bitcoin with pen and paper". He only calculated four bytes of one round of SHA256 by hand. An Ivy Bridge CPU can do full SHA256 stream at 13 cycles/byte. It is not even related to Bitcoin except that it makes for a trendy headline.

BrunesBTC45

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:21:12 AM

Why make your life complicated...
Rishblitz

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:28:30 AM

I am so tired of seeing that stupid blog with headlines like "mining Bitcoin with pen and paper". He only calculated four bytes of one round of SHA256 by hand. An Ivy Bridge CPU can do full SHA256 stream at 13 cycles/byte. It is not even related to Bitcoin except that it makes for a trendy headline.

More PR for bitcoin maybe?

Connor936

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:39:51 AM

Technically it is possible however is not advised to do so. In order to calculate (create) a bitcoin address you will first need to think of (generate) a very large random number (people are very bad at being random so your number will likely not be random). From there you will need to convert it to (I believe) Hex 16 format, this is your private key. From there you will need to apply a very complex equation to get your public address. This is where the greatest danger likely lies, as you have the potential to make a mistake and if you do there is a good chance that you would end up giving someone an address that you do not control the private key to
jsgayo

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:45:33 AM

This seems pretty cool. A bit complicated, is not so easy to do.

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:14:50 AM

They are doing it just for fun. Why don't you let people have fun?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
h4xx0r

Activity: 154

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:20:33 AM

They are doing it just for fun. Why don't you let people have fun?

Its not that he doesn't want to let people have fun or is discouraging their learning. He is offended when people spread false truths about a field in which he has likely spent many seasons becoming adept in , and is therefore very passionate about.

susan234

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:19:34 PM

haha

No No... it is not mine. I have clearly stated in the OP that I saw it in another post. Please dont confuse...

ok  Nice to meet you here!  Grin

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:29:49 PM

Why make your life complicated...

For the same reason almost every coder has written code in assembler.. to understand the basics.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: