Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:48:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: darkcoin exploit found in 2 hours by amateur (why open source matters for anon)  (Read 10010 times)
Cloakko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:41:09 PM

DRK has opened source its code !!!

XC | XST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

Read this clueless troll: I have come to the conclusion that "on chain anon" defeats the purpose.
And especially read what user TheFascistMind (= AnonyMint) has to say about it.

Anyone who thinks that off chain anon is better than on chain anon doesn't understand cryptography.

I'll leave it at that because if I post a detailed explanation, I'll only be vehemently rebutted by people who don't know what they are talking about.

Instead, I'll invest in ring signature coins and my holdings will validate my understanding over time. I feel no need to convince a bunch of dufuses.

tx42 vs AnonyMint, would like to see that.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:47:13 PM

tx42 vs AnonyMint, would like to see that.

I'll have him calling me names out of frustration in 4 exchanges.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 05:49:28 PM

lol they are all sucking the hackers dick on the thread lol, with Monero there is not even an exploit and we say fuck you to the "attacker" Grin

Please, go spread your Shitcoin somewhere else.

WTF is your problem this isnot DRK thread, go suck the hackers dick there and let we post here.

In case you didn't notice, this is a DRK thread, not that I care. Nobody gives two shits about Monero now that your community of shills has spammed the altcoin boards into oblivion.
illodin

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:50:40 PM

So you're methodology is to attack me personally rather than address the serious issues that have come to light regarding darkcoin being hacked.

If you post in a way that's designed to piss off people, and if they actually respond, don't start crying. You're just trying to create drama where none exist.

Serious issue? Someone managed to game the block reward payments so his masternode got paid more often than it should have. Bug was fixed in 10 minutes. Boohoo.

clusterfuck of spaghetti code

And how would you know? I bet you haven't even looked at the code, and probably wouldn't even know where to find it. Your credibility is zero.

centralized masternode network

Yes, ~1000 masternodes is very centralized. I believe the target is 3000-4000 nodes eventually. Do you know what centralized means?
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:50:47 PM

In case you didn't notice, this is a DRK thread, not that I care. Nobody gives two shits about Monero now that your community of shills has spammed the altcoin boards into oblivion.

The forum is alternate cryptocurrencies. The dark thread is elsewhere.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:58:38 PM

lol they are all sucking the hackers dick on the thread lol, with Monero there is not even an exploit and we say fuck you to the "attacker" Grin

How did that bogus block injection hack work out a month ago? Don't lie about things. Transaction fee is still 0.1xmr.

lul my point is that no one bow down to the hacker hahaha If they could destroy Monero they would already have. We like the fee being 0.1xmr thank you so much.

lies...more lies...

the bad part is i like monero (and bbr) in SPITE of the idiot nekomata shill and IN SPITE of shill in chief rptellia.

Yeh well... A coin is a coin no matter which people support it. The technology of the coin is all that matters. Wisdom is found in he that picks the coin in deference to the madness of the people that surround it. Darkcoin just doesn't have the technical credibility for the kind of market it's touting itself too, unfortunately. This is not new news, it's just that some people are incredibly incredibly thick.
Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:58:55 PM

Nice he didnt use it against drk

Cloakko

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:00:49 PM

Yes, ~1000 masternodes is very centralized. I believe the target is 3000-4000 nodes eventually. Do you know what centralized means?

Master nodes are not scalable. In a real P2P network (not centralized), you can add peers without limit. The more peers, the better.

A master node needs 1000 DRK to be eligible and as DRK are limited, the number of master nodes is limite as well.

And as master nodes implements major functionality for DRK coin, the whole DRK architecture limits the scalability of the coin.

THAT'S WHY DRK WILL NEVER BREAK THROUGH. NO ONE WILL EVER BE CONVINCED BY SUCH A FLAWED DESIGN / ARCHITECTURE.

It's dead, man. Dead from the beginning...

XC | XST
robinwilliams (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:04:45 PM

Master nodes are not scalable. In a real P2P network (not centralized), you can add peers without limit. The more peers, the better.

A master node needs 1000 DRK to be eligible and as DRK are limited, the number of master nodes is limite as well.

And as master nodes implements major functionality for DRK coin, the whole DRK architecture limits the scalability of the coin. It's a flaw in the architecture / design.

That's WHY DRK WILL NEVER BREAK THROUGH. NO ONE WILL EVER FIND HIS DESIGN SMART OR ELEGANT with sush a flaw.

there are only 7000 bitcoin nodes.  so dark is probably more decentralized than many / most alts.

at least they are open sourced.  XC started by naming their coin after the algorithm darkcoin invented, (x11coin) - then did an instamine (100 days) - then still hasn't opensourced.  In fact I think the same guy who MISSED the problem in dark found problems in XC and the dev went back to work.

if darkcoin is dead - then xc is simply joke that isn't all that funny.
illodin

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:05:05 PM

Yeh well... A coin is a coin no matter which people support it. The technology of the coin is all that matters.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

Darkcoin just doesn't have the technical credibility for the kind of market it's touting itself too, unfortunately. This is not new news, it's just that some people are incredibly incredibly thick.

Actually, Darkcoin has the technical credibility. What is not news though, is that clueless bagholders of other coins will try to talk it down - but I guess that comes with the territory of being the first mover and market leader.
Cloakko

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:11:09 PM

Actually, Darkcoin has the technical credibility. What is not news though, is that clueless bagholders of other coins will try to talk it down - but I guess that comes with the territory of being the first mover and market leader.

Hu... technical credibility ? Are you smoking, man ?

DRK is not credible at all from the beginning:

- INSTAMINED BY DEV

- pump and dumped like never seen on any crypto coin

- shitty master node architecture

- Constant price decline after the pump and dump

DRK is a (very bad) joke and give a very bad image of the crypto scene.

And now that the code is open sourced, there will be episode like this one more and more often. Prepare for the big slide ;-)

XC | XST
illodin

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

And as master nodes implements major functionality for DRK coin, the whole DRK architecture limits the scalability of the coin.

THAT'S WHY DRK WILL NEVER BREAK THROUGH. NO ONE WILL EVER BE CONVINCED BY SUCH A FLAWED DESIGN / ARCHITECTURE.

You have no idea of the variables in play. You don't have a faintest idea how many transactions 1000 nodes can handle. Or 2000. Or 4000. You're just blowing hot air. Your credibility is zero.
Cloakko

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

You have no idea of the variables in play. You don't have a faintest idea how many transactions 1000 nodes can handle. Or 2000. Or 4000. You're just blowing hot air. Your credibility is zero.

It's not like this you'll convince people that DRK is well designed.

As soon as you have the concept of master nodes, you are not in a P2P network anymore.

You have a bunch of centralized servers with some nodes connected to it.

Saying that DRK is peer to peer and not centralized is just like saying Google is P2P.

#DRK Fail

XC | XST
robinwilliams (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:16:51 PM

XC named their coin after algorithm invented by DRK

- INSTAMINED BY DEV
XC was ALL MINED in 100 days (at least dark is minable still)

XC has their dev "review" other shitcoins to pump them.  it's openly discussed in the XC thread so the XC buyers can "get in the action of the coin the dev is about to pump"

who the hell knows what XC does?  it hasn't been opensourced since the rev 1.  for all anyone knows it could be exactly the same as rev 1.  which did have vulnerabilities from the prof review (not even opensourced - as seen with dark a "review" is worthless).

No.  dark is a failure.  Possibly a little scammy. 

XC is a joke.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:18:08 PM

So you're methodology is to attack me personally rather than address the serious issues that have come to light regarding darkcoin being hacked.

If you post in a way that's designed to piss off people I don't care, and if they actually respond, don't start crying. I'm not crying I'm laughing You're just trying to create drama where none exist.

Serious issue? Someone managed to game the block reward payments so his masternode got paid more often than it should have. Bug was fixed in 10 minutes. Boohoo.

clusterfuck of spaghetti code

And how would you know? I bet you haven't even looked at the code, and probably wouldn't even know where to find it. Your credibility is zero. My credibility should be more than a darkcoin shill so you'rs is less than zero

Yes, ~1000 masternodes is very centralized. I believe the target is 3000-4000 nodes eventually. 3000-4000 controlled by a few people Do you know what centralized means?

You should probably just start a new "Shojayxt is a Troll" thread instead of stalking me and spamming every thread I post in with your personal attacks.  But that would require you to do something for yourself and since your just a follower that isn't likely to happen.  
illodin

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

- INSTAMINED BY DEV

I'm sorry you missed the lunch. I really am. Pay attention next time. I'm not the dev, but I managed to mine just fine.

You haven't seen much then I suppose.

Says who? You? LOL
Masternode architecture is awesome, it enables decentralized trustless offchain mixing, and a whole plethora of other features, like instant transaction confirmations.

- Constant price decline after the pump and dump

And this has to do with technical credibility, exactly what? Usually after a bubble forms, it has to come down to reasonable levels.

Again, says who? You? LOL
Try harder, troll.

And now that the code is open sourced, there will be episode like this one more and more often. Prepare for the big slide ;-)

Episode "like this one" is nothing, someone manages to get higher percentage of rewards for a while, so what? Bugs are found, bugs are getting fixed. I am sure more bugs will be found, no doubt. All crypto is still basically beta software (and a lot of it is alpha, and a lot of it is vaporware). Only ones getting a hard-on out of this are trolls who think they missed the train and are just jelly people aren't buying into their shitcoin.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:22:52 PM

Yeh well... A coin is a coin no matter which people support it. The technology of the coin is all that matters.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

Darkcoin just doesn't have the technical credibility for the kind of market it's touting itself too, unfortunately. This is not new news, it's just that some people are incredibly incredibly thick.

Ha ha.

How many darkcoin bagholders are there?  

Weren't you one of the guys claiming to be buying more cheap drk all the way down from $12?  

Are you buying more drk now whil;e the price is just over $2?

Do you still think that you'll replace bitcoin?

What does the moon look like up close?

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:24:14 PM

Could not agree more. This is the first post that explains how I feel about the whole darkcoin premise.

The system itself could drop the whole master node base and just add an extra layer e.g. Proof of funds which really is nothing more than proof of stake in essence.

So why adding the whole masternodes was to add anonymity and reward investors, the same could have been achieved in a far more streamlined result.

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:26:00 PM

What does the moon look like up close?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: