Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: darkcoin exploit found in 2 hours by amateur (why open source matters for anon)  (Read 10010 times)
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 11:48:06 PM

robinwilliams was banned from the XC thread today.

372 total posts and over 70 dedicated to XC.

Darkcoin has an exploit but he swings the topic back to XC.

mr williams... if XC is such a joke, then why do you make it the subject of over 20% of your posts?

No need to answer. The facts of your actions over the past month are ample evidence of your true intentions.

RobinWilliams = Moneroman88 = Come-from-Above = TinEye = ??

mr williams... the grand puppetmaster! Tongue

robinwilliams (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:55:14 PM

mr williams... if XC is such a joke, then why do you make it the subject of over 20% of your posts?
 lol because I like to laugh.

also hate seeing people get swindled by closed sourced "privacy" code.

it was an xc puppet that came in here talking about how dark is bad (which it is) - but XC is like dark's retarted brother that just follows in his footsteps (or tries)
h4xx0r

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:57:56 PM

Look like the DRK spaghetti code has already made one victim
 Grin

#shitcoin

#SCAM

wasn't the code called into question by a hero member way back on page 60 something of the darkcoin thread? it was around the time they were rolling out the masternodes and selling them.

Jeff8247

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:02:20 AM

This thread is just LOL with all the trolling.

Shoyaxt and robinwilliams are very special individuals that's for sure... (I don't mean this in a good way)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:02:42 AM

it was an xc puppet that came in here talking about how dark is bad (which it is) - but XC is like dark's retarted brother that just follows in his footsteps (or tries)

Darkcoin is open source. The only part which wasn't was DarkSend but the source code was released last week: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/open-source-announcement-and-future-plans.2528/
tat123

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 12:05:46 AM

How many times have you been told it is being open sourced in the next 2 months?

Darkcoin was closed source for over 8 months? Not one post on their thread about closed source? Yes... you are so unbiased.

Lol! If you are going to snipe... conceal your identity better. Its too easy to see where the muzzle flash is coming from with you. Kiss

robinwilliams (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:32:53 AM

How many times have you been told it is being open sourced in the next 2 months?

Darkcoin was closed source for over 8 months? Not one post on their thread about closed source? Yes... you are so unbiased.

dude - xc was closed source for six months ... so by the time it comes out = 8 months.  just like big bro darkcoin

and I'm not the individual you claim  Roll Eyes

my opinion is dark sucks, xc sucks more.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 12:34:04 AM

Darkcoin will still past LTC & all the other shit coins for the #2 market cap spot!
robinwilliams (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:35:40 AM

Darkcoin will still past LTC & all the other shit coins for the #2 market cap spot!

haha - darkcoins time to shine (no pun intended) is over
robinwilliams (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:39:45 AM

For one moment I thought only Monero has said to be #2 coin, and was attacked because of it.

lol many people claim they are next in line for litecoins spot.  none are.  they just like to dream
robinwilliams (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:42:22 AM

What do we know about "XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ"? Very little really, but it's not somebody who is willing to take credit for finding the exploit. Do we assume that finding this exploit is this person's first encounter with the cryptocurrency world?

Would it be reasonable to suggest that most people would be happy to take credit for finding the exploit? Perhaps somebody who might benefit from Darkcoin being damaged would be interested in finding a bug and reporting it anonymously, somebody invested in another anonymous cryptocurrency, for example. We know very well from one of the posters in this thread that it's not difficult to create sock-puppet accounts to support your case.

One thing we do know, is that "XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ" does not have a reputation to uphold here on bitcointalk. As a result this person can post things which nobody can confirm or deny. For example:
I'm not so good at C++, really.

Throw in a condescending remark about someone who does have a reputation in the crypto community:
Btw, you should hire some real penetration tester, not me or what was the name of that guy?

And of course a parting jab, but with a "nice guy" remark for good measure:
It seems to be more vulnerabilities in darkcoin. Code looks terrible (nothing personal  Smiley)

Based on what we actually know about this character, the thread title "darkcoin exploit found in 2 hours by amateur" is impossible to verify and seems sensationalist.

just realized - the hacker\attacker guy writes like jl777 & he would have the motivation (maybe?) o.O

tat123

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:09:28 AM

dude - xc was closed source for six months ... so by the time it comes out = 8 months.  just like big bro darkcoin

and I'm not the individual you claim  Roll Eyes

my opinion is dark sucks, xc sucks more.

dude... you obviously missed my point. I am asking why you posted over 70X that XC is blah, blah, blah... when you didn't post one comment on the Darkcoin thread about their project? Where are all the posts about Darkcoin? They are the top Anon coin as far as market cap is concerned, and not one post about their closed source? Lol!

XC sucks? Then explain why you have dedicated 20% of your posts to it?

XC doesnt spam the forum like Monero... your invesntment btw. So why the hate?

Right... you are just concerned for your fellow cryptobros. How original. Appeal to sympathy has to be the most overused fallacy on this forum.

MoneroMan is not BM. His post was meant to deceive you guys into thinking that. MoneroMan is a shill, but he isn't BM's shill.

I think MoneroMan is Come-from-Above

Yes, I posted that to make the NXT retards think I am BM. Of course I am not BM. I've admitted to be  Come-from-Above earlier. This entire community is ridiculous.

I noticed you made an effort to change C-f-A's posting statistics after I outed you as C-f-A. Wink

It's too late bruh.

Coinhoarder,

Yes you got me.  I was trying to hide it but you were able to successfully connect the dots. robinwilliams, TinEye and a bunch of other sockpuppets are also me C-f-A. I confess.

What is your name in BitShares and which position do you hold? Are you mentioned on the official page?

ps. hats off!

I just love how you always say... "I'm not trying to start any drama here guys, but..."

Now its JL777 fault? Curious... how do really feel? Lmao!
robinwilliams (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:28:49 AM

I"M NOT MONEROMAN88 ... moneroman88 is that NXT thief who killed somebody and is trying to find jl777's identity  

I don't like nxt or jl777 or the supernet or theifs or people who kill people.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:32:38 AM

And for those who don't already know, shojayxt is known to troll who got busted using sock puppet accounts in order to lower the price so he could finally get in with his 0.5 BTC roll.

This is his ad I found on craigslist while randomly searching for troll spray:

His posts are fairly basic with not a huge amount of cognitive thought, he's just a bottom feeding kid on his Uncles laptop trolling for steam credit...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
tat123

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:36:33 AM

I"M NOT MONEROMAN88 ... moneroman88 is that NXT thief who killed somebody and is trying to find jl777's identity  

Ok... whatever you say Dick. You are not a crook.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:47:29 AM

This is also why you should be open sourced from the beginning

anonymity should always be trusted to open sourced solutions

This is all true.  To be on my Legitimate Altcoin Whitelist, a coin must follow Bitcoin's example and be 100% open source.  Not some half-assed delayed version.

All the nooblings losing their shitcoins to Madoff Node exploits are being taught a valuable (and therefore expensive) lesson: DON'T TRUST CLOSED SOURCE!

The good intentions of the devs aren't the point and don't matter; the of point open source is to verify the code's security with as many eyes and brains as possible.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
h4xx0r

Activity: 154

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:49:40 AM

This is also why you should be open sourced from the beginning

anonymity should always be trusted to open sourced solutions

This is all true.  To be on my Legitimate Altcoin Whitelist, a coin must follow Bitcoin's example and be 100% open source.  Not some half-assed delayed version.

All the nooblings losing their shitcoins to Madoff Node exploits are being taught a valuable (and therefore expensive) lesson: DON'T TRUST CLOSED SOURCE!

The good intentions of the devs aren't the point and don't matter; the of point open source is to verify the code's security with as many eyes and brains as possible.

The good intentions of the dev? the intentions were probably not good at this point. If they were, they would have hired a professional. instead they created hype they couldn't live up to and probably profited nicely in doing so.

robinwilliams (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:15:24 AM

WOW -11 trade trust what did you do?  Cheesy
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:36:40 AM

centralized masternode network

Yes, ~1000 masternodes is very centralized. I believe the target is 3000-4000 nodes eventually. Do you know what centralized means?

Master nodes are not scalable. In a real P2P network (not centralized), you can add peers without limit. The more peers, the better.

A master node needs 1000 DRK to be eligible and as DRK are limited, the number of master nodes is limite as well.

And as master nodes implements major functionality for DRK coin, the whole DRK architecture limits the scalability of the coin.

THAT'S WHY DRK WILL NEVER BREAK THROUGH. NO ONE WILL EVER BE CONVINCED BY SUCH A FLAWED DESIGN / ARCHITECTURE.

It's dead, man. Dead from the beginning...

You have no idea of the variables in play. You don't have a faintest idea how many transactions 1000 nodes can handle. Or 2000. Or 4000. You're just blowing hot air. Your credibility is zero.

It's not like this you'll convince people that DRK is well designed.

It's you who's trying to convince people (and yourself) it can't scale enough to BREAK THROUGH. I'm just saying you have no idea.

As soon as you have the concept of master nodes, you are not in a P2P network anymore.

You have a bunch of centralized servers with some nodes connected to it.

Saying that DRK is peer to peer and not centralized is just like saying Google is P2P.

#DRK Fail

By your logic, as soon as you have people running their clients behind firewalls blocking incoming ports, you are not in a P2P network anymore.

#TROLL Fail
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:37:28 AM

Is it true?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: