Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:21:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CryptoStocks] ::GREEN:: GreenBTC - Making the Bitcoin Green  (Read 8802 times)
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:24:18 AM

I just bought a few shares

Hope this idea grows.

If you can, try to reinvest rather than payout dividend. That allows for growth and reserve capital
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:49:14 AM

I just bought a few shares

Hope this idea grows.

If you can, try to reinvest rather than payout dividend. That allows for growth and reserve capital

50% of mining payout goes towards growth Smiley
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:49:56 AM

Motion Passed to sell 100 shares @ .50.

Shares up for sale
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:28:32 PM

Shares are sold out.
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:58:43 AM

Mining Output was a little lower this week due too a 60HR block and a few orphan blocks. But we have a motherboard on the way and should have another mining rig up at end of this week. Last Sunday I put 100 shares for sale and thought it would take a week to sell them, and they sold out in under 12 hours. This week I offered 200 shares @.75 each since the ask wall seemed to be buying and selling around that price.

This weeks mining output was 3.69 BTC
1.47 BTC  to the Dividend Fund
1.84 BTC  to the Growth Fund
 .36  BTC  to the Operating Fund
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 07:13:07 PM

This is a statement towards questions about BFL products and our usage.

We currently do not use any BFL products.

If BFL can sell there units for $150 and we can get them in under 6 months then we will consider a purchase.

I have a personal problem with technology that could only used for SHA256, because if bitcoin is forked to SHA512.
The BFL products will only be good for password cracking.

Of course we will be proactive and continue to follow current events regarding BFL Products.

We like using GPU's because them seems to hold value and we can sell and upgrade at anytime and not have to wait a few months for a product be made and shipped to us.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 04:53:24 AM

Motion 65.

To Purchase a DC TO DC Power Supply for the latest Mining Rig. ~70 USD COST.

Motion 66

To Purchase a USB thumb drive to store .PEM files for our company servers offline while not in use. ~12 USD Cost.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:12:40 PM

Motion 65 Passed
Motion 66 Passed

Submitted all document to verify identify this week, so we should be 6 for 6 very soon.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 02:00:03 AM

If you can get more green power than you need you can sell it back onto the grid and get government incentives etc.

Have you investigated this ?

I mean it may be more profitable to sell excess power than to mine  Smiley

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:39:02 AM

the solar system is a little different because its OFF-grid, not a tie-in system.
I'm trying not to release alot of information about it until I get all the performance specs during real life operation.

Also i don't want to OUT my CTO(Solar guy) because he is a high profile person & company.
And I don't have or want any endorsements from him or his company.

Plus I'm a niche mining company, I'm not the biggest,I'm not the strongest, but I hope to be the Greenest.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:52:10 PM

Motion 72 - Purchase a motherboard for mining rig 6 cost ~99 USD
Motion 73 - Purchase ram for mining rig 5 & 6                 ~40 USD
Motion 74 - Purchase Cat5 cable and extension cable      ~50 USD

This motions will have 24 hours to vote on.

You may notice some rigs going down and up in the next 24 hours.
I'm switching the cards around in rig 1,3,4 and putting new thermal paste on the GPU's
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:48:46 PM

Just a status update.
Mining Rig 1- 1 hard drive is DOA and the main drive was boot looping/bsod.
I got it back up and running except one of the cards is only running at 50%.

Mining Rig 5- is almost ready to start

The stats from last week will be delayed maybe another 24 hrs before they are updated.
The main mining rig payout was on the failed drive. But we have a couple backups so we didn't lose any BTC Smiley

I'll post a status update in 24hrs

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:59:36 PM

Status Update
Mining Rig 1 Repaired and working @100%
Mining Rig 5 Online and working Great

Last week we mined 4.33 BTC
1.73 Went to Dividend Fund
2.16 Went to Growth Fund
.43 Went to Operating Fund

Security Update
We have moved all bitcoin from wallets to GLBSE and MTGOX. We have google auth enabled on all accounts.

I'm in the process of trying to fix the graphics card for Mining Rig 6, it has a broken fan enclosure.

possible switching pools in the next two weeks to try to get better returns on mining power.
rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:58:37 AM

Security Update
We have moved all bitcoin from wallets to GLBSE and MTGOX. We have google auth enabled on all accounts.

Do you really think that online wallets are safer? Even with all their security measures, they are always the biggest targets....

Wouldn't be better to have at least some at hand? Just in case...

possible switching pools in the next two weeks to try to get better returns on mining power.

I would prefer to stay on p2pool, even if it's slightly less profitable. I believe that supporting decentralized mining is more convenient in the long term, considering that in this way we would be collaborating with the long term sustainability of the whole system.

Maybe diversifying a little could be acceptable, trying just some rig on other pools, but I would prefer the main hashing to remain on p2pool.

btw, the alt coins are dumped on the market?
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:15:15 AM

Security Update

Do you really think that online wallets are safer? Even with all their security measures, they are always the biggest targets....

Wouldn't be better to have at least some at hand? Just in case...

I would prefer to stay on p2pool, even if it's slightly less profitable. I believe that supporting decentralized mining is more convenient in the long term, considering that in this way we would be collaborating with the long term sustainability of the whole system.

Maybe diversifying a little could be acceptable, trying just some rig on other pools, but I would prefer the main hashing to remain on p2pool.

btw, the alt coins are dumped on the market?

Thank you for your comments

I also believe that p2pool is good for bitcoin and that a 51% attack is going to be possible in the next year thanks to BFL.

I was just worried that other share holders don't agree with using p2pool.

Yes right now the ALT coins are being stockpiled, but when they get sold they go into operating fund per contract. I've been trying to hold them for a higher price.

I think that the google auth OTP is a very secure method of securing an account. I have it on all my GLBSE,MTGOX,and gmail accounts.
Someone has to steal my cell phone to steal the companies coins or hack GLBSE or MTGOX.

I really liked the idea of having the wallets stored offline and people being able to verify funds in the account.
Right now i'm moving the mining payout daily from the online wallet to GLBSE.

rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:55:46 AM

I was just worried that other share holders don't agree with using p2pool.

I don't know the others, but I invested on this company because I think that going the green and decentralized way is the right thing to do. So I'm all for staying on p2pool.

Yes right now the ALT coins are being stockpiled, but when they get sold they go into operating fund per contract. I've been trying to hold them for a higher price.

Nice. I also like this strategy. They may be worth much more in the future (or may not, but that wouldn't be a huge lose anyway).

or hack GLBSE or MTGOX.

That's the main concern. We have had a bitcoinica...
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 08:40:41 PM

I have some very bad news.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.120

Has effected GreenBTC very badly right now the total loss is around $1,000.

The Upside we still have our assets and we will not default.

I will keep this thread updated as to what is happening

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 11:22:17 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 03:03:06 AM by RandomQ

Weekly stats

Weekly BTC Mined 2.29 BTC

.91 BTC is being sent to the Dividend Fund
1.14 BTC is being sent to the Growth Fund
.22 BTC is being sent to the Operational Fund

Please Note that all Accounts Address have been changed.

This week payout was very low this week, I'm a little surprised.

I'm switching the Rigs over to public p2pool asap and merged them into 1 address to try to get a better payout.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:41:52 AM

Status Update

Mining Rig 5- Hard drive started clicking of death, and then died after around 24 hours.
got a hard drive off CL for 20$ USD and i'm in the process of reloading

Mining Rig 1- I noticed some higher than normal temps on one of the cards, I finally pulled the card out before it was damaged.
the cards fan is bad and not spinning correctly. looking about for replacement fans.

Mining rig 4- I pulled the card out of this system to replace the card in mining rig 1.

p2pool.greenbtc.com is offline right now due to high cost of running it on AWS.

currently Mining Rig 6 is running p2pool locally for the california mining rigs and a public p2pool server is being used for Rig 2

Also it looks like we will get back our USD funds that are tied up in the Paypal Bitman problem in around 180 days.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:40:23 PM

Got the p2pool server working better today. The efficiency was crap because it didn't have any incoming connections but should get better in the next few days.
Mining rig 5 is up and running
Mining rig 2, had a minor problem on reboot and the antivirus deleted cgminer but its all fixed.

greenbtc.no-ip.org:9332 is the temp p2pool server address i hope to have p2pool.greenbtc.com:9332 fixed soon.

merged mining is currently offline only BTC right now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: